Curanderismo- Tales of the Curandero

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Aloha fellow firewalkers!

I recently started some Medicine Man and Mango Widow. Outside of the NL lines, the Widow line offer excellent medicines too. So many swear by the healing effects of both of these hybrid types. And while my friends have found relief in some of the CBD plants I've grown, some just respond better to the predominant THC plants. Is it placebo, chemotype synergy, or are they just hard core stoners lol? No matter, if some feel that these work better for them then okay, keep the customer satisfied. Definitely old school- everybody loves the Medicine Man!
So, I am making room for a few indies, popping 5 each of these seeds from 2015. So far, I have 4/5 Mango Widow. Had I not tried opening one of them with a pair of forceps and crushing it to mush fkfkfkfk...
The MedMan looks like 5/5 plus a little dividend.
medman twins.jpg

mu

It has been several weeks since the last post. I walked into the mango room this morning to be met with a powerful, sweet acridness. Moving into the 6th week of flower, the sativas are coming on bigly and must be liking the tea I served up to them last night.
But this isn't about them, it is about the other medicine, Medicine Man and Mango Widow specifically. These plants were started at the request of someone who has tried many strains only to come back to the Medicine Man. I have to agree, she is very special. Not only is she easy to grow making me look like a champ, she serves a very critical need for pain relief where other strains have failed. The Mango Widow too, has a great reputation, though my last grow of her was a disappointment. Not in the plant but in the fact that I injured my back and got the flu at the same time and so my grow suffered from inattention. I lost my Diesel and my ACDC then. "It was a bad time..." as 3 year old Daigorō said in Shogun's Assassin. So, my phoenix moment, a chance at redemption lol. I am looking forward to a well-grown MW.
Anyway, they are at 18" and I put them to flower last night.
med n maneid.jpg

Medicine Man- dreams of yesteryear
jack1 15.jpg

mu

Coming into the 4th week of flower. I finally have something to show you. This is the most mature of the bunch. I just love the symmetrics and uniformity of Medicine Man. Just like the Black Widow, MedMan also has some strong males one might consider for breeding purposes.
medman 6_3.jpgmedman b 6_3.jpg

Here's an example of what a MedMan male can do. I took and crossed it with my Diesel(f) and got larger, more elongated, denser clustered buds. Taller in stature and frost out the wazoo.
Curandera
Curandera grape pheno 8_6 a - Copy.jpg

mu

Well, I'm finally coming around after the stunt I pulled this morning smoking a hash laden joint of Northern Widow. I've likened it to curare in a previous post lol. I'm sold on the Widow line for knock out power for sure. The Medicine Man is such a delight as it checks so many boxes for me. It's nice to have her back in the room again. I love how she stands on strong stems and punches out the huge buds smelling of medicine. Who would have thought that nodal spacing could be so sexy? 🥰
MedMan #1
mman 1 6_14.JPGmman 1a 6_14.JPGmman 1 close.JPG

MedMan #2
mman 2 6_14.JPGmman 2a 6_14.JPG

MedMan #3
mman 3 6_14.JPG

mu

Looking good so far. They are frosting up nicely. @musashi does your cross put on most of its frost in the closer to harvest? I read somewhere on here from Shanti, that Black Widow frosts up the most, at the very end of flower.

It would be interesting to see if your Medicine Man stud passed on that trait or not.

Most plants mature in that way. For the Widow family, they are known as Whites for a reason, the resin is off the charts late season!
Here's one from the past tho the resolution sucks but you get the idea;)

Medicine Man
mmb 9 - Copy.jpg

A cross done with Medicine Man- the Curandera
curandera #5a 7_27.jpg

mu

The Medicine Man is doing well and got one last half-strength bonemeal feed as we head into the home stretch. I will post pics later of them.
In the meantime, as you know, I planted some Curandera (Diesel x MedMan) seeds along with the SSH x Widow (which has it's own thread). I got a 50% germ rate and needing a larger population to work with, I quickly planted more seeds in the (empty?) pots to make up for the shortfall. I got 5 more to germinate. AND never, never plant newer seeds in the same place in the same pot! There is always that late seed that comes up at the last minute wanting to join the party. And so I have 2 seeds growing side by side. It's not the first time I've done this while under the influence lol. Hopefully they will be able to be separated when they get larger. If that happens then I'll have 13 plants to work with.
curseedling 7_14.jpg

2 seedlings in the same place! When wilI I learn?
cur2seedling 7_14.jpg

BTW I posted pics of my last Curandera grow on media.

mu

Just got back into town after being at Sundance celebrating the New Year during Solstice time. My clones inside and out were withered, needing water badly. Thank goodness they are reviving. The big plants inside were doing well though. Just finishing 11 weeks, the Medicine Man are smelling strong and continuing to plump up in their final days. I really like this variety and so many "friends" have found relief from their back problems.

Medicine Man #1
mm1 7_21.JPGmm1a 7_21.JPG

Medicine Man #2- a little more sativa influence. Looks like she is just getting started ha!
mm2 7_21.JPG

Medicine Man #3
mm3 7_21.JPGmm3a 7_21.JPG

mu

Back