CS grow 2016

ghostbuds

Hello all, this is my first post here on MNF and I'm happy to be here. After doing some research I soon found that MNS has reputable breeders, and old school genetics. Anyway I found the auction site and soon NEEDED to win an auction, or 3. I ended up winning Dream time for 14 euros, Devil for 18 euros, and Critical Skunk for 34 euros(really wanted it based on professorjj's grow on here. I'm still drooling over his pictures)

Well the CS were planted about a month ago, and I've just sexed them with 11 out of the 15 being female. There is a good variety amongst them with most being indica dominant, I only have one that is clearly sativa leaved. The were recently moved inside from the greenhouse and are now under a 1k MH till. Here's to hoping I find some great phenos, like the purple beauty and the hulk pheno.

Good luck with your grow mate. Im sure you will find a gem or 2. Still one of my favorite to grow strains, I mean who doesn't love huge stinky buds...

Well since the weather improved they have been moved into the greenhouse while it lasts. Of the four males, one has a loud smell, can't describe it but it's noticibly smellier than the other 3, I look forward to the flowering structure of it.

I have been unsuccessful trying to post pictures here from my crappy smartphone, can someone help? I try to upload pictures and it says an upload error happened...

Last edited:
You have to create an album in your user control center, upload it there then link to your album in the thread.

Also:
Depending on where you are and the legality of it all in your location, it might be advisable to not post pictures directly from your smartphone as those pics include metadata that can be used to locate you.

You can use software to strip the metadata from the pics before uploading or simply copy and paste the pics into paint and then save as a .jpeg

Both ways work to strip the pics of the metadata.

Thanks alot, I'm in AK so I'm pretty sure I'm good on the legal side of things... So photos will come as soon as I figure all this out. Thanks again bro.

Im back!!

After a nice vacation I must return to reality. When I got home and entered the garden I noticed they were over watered and under fed, next time I leave it will be set up a lot better, so they went into 12/12 that day as they were starting to become rootbound. Now at 22 days 12/12 all are budding up and looking like they will produce even with all the problems. My one sativa CS took the longest to start putting up buds, while most of the others started right away. I really love the structure of these plants as they start their 'stacking'. #13 is the most frosty plant in the room with about twice as much trichomes than all other CS and the 3 other strains I have. She also has a DANK aroma coming off her, I not food at describing smells. #2 is a giant plant, it shot above the others from the start and stayed atop, that smells strongly of lemons. I can't wait to see how these finish out, should be exciting!

Pics will come tonight when the light turns on.

Haha i was a happy camper after I snagged these for only 34EUR. But you need to blame the professor, with his amazing skills, for making me snag these.

Well I just uploaded a few pics to my album.
The #13 girl that is keeping up the trichome production and is releasing an awesome smell, like the rest of these CS. The smells are really coming out of the rest of the plants and the room is begining to smell DELICIOUS with a wide range of aromas coming from these skunks. Although I've never smelled a skunk or smoked good skunk bud, some of the smells I'm getting are pretty strong and what I would think people are after. But we shall see once its ready to smoke. Stay frosty and keep it green...Or purple

Last edited:
Great to hear things are going well. Those smells just get stronger and stronger, better and better. Hope your odour control is up to the task or even better if your legal. Keep us posted brother

This grow has been plagued by neglect in the beginning of flower that resulted in being root bound and with cold temps leading to nutrient deficiency and over watering, yet there aren't any herm issues with them. And they are stinking to high heavens, the dominant smell is a pungent skunk smell( my dad has been after real skunk since mid eighties, and is loving the pungentness) with undertones of citus. Some smell of straight skunk others have skunk first then citrus after, #3 plant is very skunky upfront but you bump her or stick your nose in a bud and its straight lemons. Although very stinky I don't think they are Roadkill, but very close. I can't wait to smell what the New Skunk aka Roadkill has to offer when my two packs arrive.

Most of the plants are slightly indica dom, with an exceptionally fast finishing time IME with the exception of # 14 and #9. Here's #9 at 48 days 12/12. 20161221_192204_Burst07 - MNS forum photo galleries

One was done between 40-45 days and has been harvested while 5 others are ready around 50, #9 should be done in a couple weeks while 14 is more sativa dom and should take maybe 3 more weeks.

The initial smoke on the fastest plant is lovely to say the least. She has a full flavor that doesn't dissapoint, very remenicent of BCBD Godbud but with a skunkier flavor. The effects are an even mix of head/body with an above average potency that lasts about an hour. The test bud was smoked though a metal pipe with no cure. If I had to judge this strain based on this plant, with a horrible grow, I would have no problem keeping her in the rotation. If I wanted I could probably keep 6 different plants from the 11 females, which is incredible and is a testament to MNS genetics. But all 11 will be run again to find the heaviest yeilders and best potency. Hopefully I can do these a justice with this second round.

Last edited:
Back