Critical Widow TEST..

Hey billy boy how's the grow? I'm very interested in your grow so I'm happy staring at plants in veg. lol

Last edited:
hi billy,

this sounds like a stellar cross, i'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with her

i'll grab a seat for the show :)

Nev's Widow..... Makes me think of Sigourney Weaver in Aliens... Proly cause that would make one spacey intergalactic mother of all bitches:D

-SD

smile

SD,

One spacey intergalactic mother of all bitches...lol

You made me crack a smile, and laugh with that one, but damn if it doesn't sound delicious...Ns

Hi...

HHHG, blackberry, Beanz, champa, FreshGenetics, Smoke Dream, and noshow; thankyou all for popping in...:D and for the kind words....
I must say Nevilles widow sounds fuckin awesome...... I would like to think shanti has his breeding parents sorted now so its just a case of dusting a nevs with BW pollen... mmmmmmm..... almost endless possibilities.. NL5widow..... Nordle widow... Ortega widow ... ... Maybe a contest winner could request a hybrid...

anyway....

The critical widows are moving along nice.. some runts and freaks, but nothing too major..... I'll let the pics do the talking...

DSCN2867.JPG

DSCN2872.JPG

I was hoping to switch to 12/12 by now but some plants in this room need another week before I switch....
I'll keep you posted....

peace
BL

HHHG, blackberry, Beanz, champa, FreshGenetics, Smoke Dream, and noshow; thankyou all for popping in...:D and for the kind words....
I must say Nevilles widow sounds fuckin awesome...... I would like to think shanti has his breeding parents sorted now so its just a case of dusting a nevs with BW pollen... mmmmmmm..... almost endless possibilities.. NL5widow..... Nordle widow... Ortega widow ... ... Maybe a contest winner could request a hybrid...

anyway....

The critical widows are moving along nice.. some runts and freaks, but nothing too major..... I'll let the pics do the talking...

I was hoping to switch to 12/12 by now but some plants in this room need another week before I switch....
I'll keep you posted....

peace
BL

Thanks for that BB, I needed my critical widow fix.

A?

Hey Billy?

Hope your well. CW looking good. I am sure they will kick some ass. I know you must be anxious with them. I am, and can see others here that want to see the end NOW...lol.

Say I know you have mentioned this before, but I'm curious to ask again. With the algae on the rockwool. I know you can cover the cubes, but what other ways might you rid yourself of it? I ask as I had thought you said somethng before on this. Would h2o2 work?, or is it not enough of an issue to really deal with? Be well...Ns

Glad to be of a service Beanz.

Hey noshow, yea I'm cool thanks, hope things are good your way...
With the algae on the rockwool. I know you can cover the cubes, but what other ways might you rid yourself of it? I ask as I had thought you said somethng before on this. Would h2o2 work?, or is it not enough of an issue to really deal with?
As you say; it's really no cause for concern, once plants get bigger and shade the affected areas the algae dies off and clears up. I'm really not keen on using H2O2 for growing plants at all, but for cleaning between grows its great..
peace
BL

Willima Liar!!!

Bout time for an update mate!

I couldn't let you have all the fun again, I asked the man upstairs for these beans as my BOTM prize.

When all is good, maybe I can share my test in your thread as well!

Hahahah,

CM

Looking forward to this billy mate i'm gonna pull up the chair for this one. This cross is nuts ,i really want to run a pack totally sold on them. Holy shit critical widow on the tree machine aint that the shit good luck wit the grow

hey chana,
Thanks for the bump there lol.. I'm chuffed that you chose theese too mate.. Feel free to put your pics up here... No probs...
Pluko, hows it going bro...
The show starts here as plants are now in 12/12.
I have had some trouble with a fungus leaf rust a few weeks ago, but that now seems under control, and all are growing nice and green..
I'll get some pics together later and go through how I treated the fungus....
Chat later
Peace
BL

Update

Hi all,
Well as promised heres the update...
As mentioned earlier I've had a bit of trouble with a leaf fungus that looks like patches of rust on the leaves, after a bit of googling and reading, I identified the cause as being poor air circulation in the area that these plants were, as no other plants in the room showed any symptoms....
I did a bit more reading, and found a simple cheap cure. I obviously improved the air flow, and bought a cheap systemic fungicide from a garden center.. So I dipped the whole plant in the fungicide solution, about 2 and a half weeks ago. the instructions said to treat again after 14days if required, but all seems to have cleared up... I asked Shanti for some input on this also, and he said "improving air-flow under the plants, is a very good way to deal with things, as this fungus needs a still surface to land on and breed, (in my case this surface was the top of the rockwool blocks... which also had a rusty colouration) and burning sulfur would dry up the infected area's" I dont have a sulfur burner, but will invest in one for the future...
So hopefully problem solved..

Now, plants have been under 12/12 for seven days. Plants are starting to alternate branching and a few have started to show sex.. most look to be female at this point..:D
These are at home under my T5's, and are in 3inch RW blocks, to hopefully keep 'em nice and small. I'm only interested in seeing bud structure and size from these on this run, the best (heaviest) females will be re-vegged and kept, then I'll give them a run in my tree machines...
These are being fed automatically by a homemade drip system, feed times atm are 1min when lights first come on then 2 separate 1min feeds midway through lights on, followed by another 1min feed before lights go off.. this seems to give a nice 10-20% run-off...

Feed is RO water, Canna Hydro with a dash of rhizotonic, at an ec of 0.3-0.4 Sounds low, but any higher and plants seem to show tip burn, I find this to be the case when using RO water... ph is around 5.5-6.0

so heres the pic of them all asleep...zzzzzz....:)
update 1 week 12/12
DSCN2896.JPG

plants with red labels are CW, blue labels are CM theres also a ssh x Tom hill haze in there...

peace
BL

Morning BL,

Thanks for the picture brother.

I will also be sure to give these plants lots of fresh air. Thanks for sharing that info on the fungus. Live and learn right brover.

I hope you and yours are well.

Pulling up my chair.

Peace

CM

morning chana,
I've seen this rusty colour on the rockwool before, and heath helped out with that. It never got to the plant though. I already had what I thought was good air movement in the room, I like it to be a struggle to light a spliff in my grow room. But this little corner with the testers in is quite sheltered, so just changed the angle of an oscilating fan.. So yeah, you live and learn...lol..
I'm all good thanks for asking man, hope you're keeping busy...
Cant wait to see how the CW works out for you, I'm sure you'll do them justice.. Good luck...
zigger,
Thanks for looking in man, I know many are keen to see this strain..
Peace
BL

Boys

Here's the boys so far, all have now been killed
DSCN2906.JPG

only one or two other's to show sex, so not a bad turnout all in all...
peace
BL

hey sensi,
I'm coming to think some of the difference is environmental, just that some have better roots than others...
What I'm seeing though, is some striking similarities between some of the cm's and cw's, if they weren't labelled mate, I could easily mix 'em up.... Although there's a distinct difference in the smell's from stem rub... I can't quite put my finger on the exact aroma's yet, but I'll try later on.... The CW is more interesting though I think..
It's very exciting this....lol..
On another note, all the other's are female.... So I should get a good picture of this strain..
Back on the diversity tip, I'd say we have only two types so far, but of course the proof's in the buds....
Take care sensi, and thanks for looking in...
Peace
BL

Hi Billy,
I think we're due for an update mate. Maybe some pics?
Can't wait to see what the girls are up to :)

Hi Billy,
I think we're due for an update mate. Maybe some pics?
Can't wait to see what the girls are up to :)
hi cptn,
Indeed and update is due, I've been away for a few nights so looking forward to seeing progress too. I'll be posting in a few hours...
Peace
BL

Back