Critical Skunk

professorjj

I was so impressed by this variety that I thought that I would share.
I have just completed a selection from 30 females of this strain. I can guarantee that you will find some gems in every pack. There is a bit of variation in the pheno's but all are vigorous, high yielding and have a very high calyx to leaf ratio. You could just about throw the scissors away. A few are very early at around 6 weeks, most are around 8. I did find a gem that took just over 9 and is a MASSIVE yielder (she looks like the hulk with huge green bulges of buds everywhere and has the structure to support it). In a final shootout of the 6 best girls out of 30, under 5kW of mixed HPS and MH, I pulled just under 11 units. One word that keeps coming to mind is quality. All of the pheno's buds are solid like rocks with awesome appeal. Fragrances go through a wide range from sickly sweet skunk to full on motor oily, pungent, putrid skunk with a back of berry. Some have an intense sweet floral perfume and others strong sweet tropical fruit. One thing all the fragrances have in common is that they are very stinky. The best have a strong blissful, euphoric sativa dominant high of the finest order. The purple beauty is the total package. It has an awesome intense, relaxing body hit matched with the same clear euphoric head. In larger doses it can be totally devastating. :cool:

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11910-heavy-pheno-%40-6wks.jpg

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11909-heavy-pheno-%40-8wks.jpg

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11888-beautiful.jpg

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11889-little-rock.jpg

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11890-cs-up-close.jpg

Sorry that some of you guys have already seen these pics.
I will put up some more photos later when I can upload them.
Just wanted to put this up here as I am so impressed with this supreme strain from Shanti.
Much respect

Nice one mate. :D

Any more details about your room? Lights nutes etc.?

I only ran straight critical mass and she does yield well. 1.25 gpw.

Thanks for dropping by Bud.
The set up and nutrient regime are as follows.
6 x 50l pots in a recirculating system with a 200l reservoir.
I use granulated rockwool mixed with 20% coarse perlite and I re-use the media many times. Nutrient wise I use locally made Indica Supreme Nutrient that has B vitamins and fulvic acid incorporated. I add silica a little more fulvic and a commercial greenhouse multi-strain dry bacteria/fungi product. I add a little powdered kelp and Canazyme. I like to keep the plants and microbial life happy. The nutrient EC and pH level are automated. EC 1-1.2 in grow 1.3-1.8 in bloom, starting at the lower figure and increasing through the cycle. I like to run things on the lighter side and keep a close eye on the uptake. pH 5.8. I monitor the moisture level in the media and use it to drive either vegetative or generative growth.
For lighting 6 x 600w HPS GE Lucagrows mounted horizontally and 4 x 400w Osram HQI daylight globes hung vertically through the centre. This provides full spectrum excellent coverage and penetration. No fluff here. Solid all the way to the stem, top to bottom.
Ventilation is taken care by a 1000cfm centrifugal fan on an automated controller.
I think that about covers it...

Yo Pro,

Hard to tell from the pictures but how tall are those plants.
They look great but after seeing the amount of light you have going on it is not surprising.

Hope you don't mind if I tag along!

GR

About 3-4 feet tall and about 4 -5 across.
No worries GR.
I hope i can put some more pics up soon :).
Take care

Couple more pics

The final 6

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11908-family-photo.jpg

Little nug

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11892-b.jpg

My apologies for the quality. Taken on a phone through sun glasses.:cool:
Ill get a couple of dried shots up soon.

Last edited:
Damn those look good looks like they yield better from seed than Critical Mass some yielded great others not the best but every one of them look like they yield nice.

Can't wait I got like 39 babies going, I think it was only 1 that didn't germinate.

Cheers guys
Most do yield great, I only had 6 or so out of the 30 girls that were a bit fluffy the rest are rock solid. I do use a bit of light though.
The strain desciption does indicate that they yield more than critical mass, and in my opinion are of superior quality.
If I just did the Hulk pheno I think I could pull 13-14. Its that good a yielder.
In my set up they need to be vegged a little more ( 3-4 weeks ) than the haze x's that I normally run ( 2 weeks ) but flower much quicker.
I can promise that you will find some top quality, rock hard, smelly gems in your 39.
A great variety to do a selection from.
I still cant believe how cheap the CSk seeds are.

Respect PJJ

Last edited:
1g/w first run with big girls and 1.5 in the tents with small girls. I think i have a handle on her now and will smash those figures this run. Ill keep this thread updated.
Killer variety if you do the selection work.

1g/w first run with big girls and 1.5 in the tents with small girls. I think i have a handle on her now and will smash those figures this run. Ill keep this thread updated.
Killer variety if you do the selection work.

Nice mate! That's still really good numbers.

I'm probably going to keep my males too for pollen. Get some SSH, other stuff and bang them with the critical skunk males.

Just found this picture and thought I would put it up.
An excellent highly vigorous pheno smelling of tropical fruit. Initially grows open like a sativa and once flipped produces a ton of these beauties.

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture12144-resize.jpg

Sorry for the quality but had to resize it in order for it to upload.

Last edited:
Beautiful big bud there professorjj, great job. Looks like a great yeilder. Have you smoked any yet, whats the verdict? Is the smell while growing strong? Thanks man. :)

Hey Mr A,
Yes she is a great yielder, especially when packed in tight. Ideal for SOG but definately happy as a large plant too. Just big thick colas like this one all over.
Like all of her sisters she gives off an intense odour, although she is the most perfume like and not offensive.
Despite not being the strongest, in terms of potency that i have found in the line, it has a certain 'quality' that always draws a response from the smoker. Lovely smoke with a beautiful, euphoric, clear sativa dominant high that mns skunks are known for.
Another top shelf commercial producer from mns.

Thought I would put up a pic of a medicine man that is in one of my selection tents. She has been flowering for just over 4 weeks. She just pops out at me every time i check in on them, a real standout. A very deep complex aroma. I have high hopes for her.

professorjj-albums-medicine-man-picture12147-mmresize.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Professorjj. After posting here yesterday i went over to the auctions and lo and behold there was a pack of Critical Skunk finishing in 11hrs, i put in a bid of 20 to get it going. Got stoned, completely forgot about it and woke up to an email saying id won!!! Got them for 16 euro!! What a bargain, i feel like ive robbed MrNice.

Your Med Man looks great, frosty monster!

Good score Mr A, I can guarantee you will find some gems in there.
Thanks bro, she certainly is frosty. Not as big a yielder as some of her sisters but I think she might be 'the one'.

Good luck

Last edited:
hey professorjj, nice pic man!
When you chop your ladies, what colors are trichomes. Mine take 72 days and werent quite ready. Yield wasn't good, but buds looks fantastic. Full of sugar on them.
Maybe this round wasn't so good because I used chinese LED light form mars...?
Now second round is on HPS 400w. Selection is still in veg.

What's the best bio booster?
For flowering I'm using biobizz top max and tea made from bat guano guanokalong, mealasa, worm casting and kelp. Girls look fantastic all the way to the end.

Back