Critical skunk pheno hunt

Noisyboy

Hello Mr. Nice forum,

Inspired by other forum members in this part of the strain base i want you to have a look at my garden and how i work.
I look for a keeper or six of the Critical skunk and there we start the look over my shoulder.
Started @ the auctions , try to win a pack of Critical skunk winter cleaning’s (1 gram) and i was lucky enough to pick up that pack! and two "normal" packs of Critical skunk in the next month. Picked up some other genetics to. I had a good price at the actions, don't go there :D

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12353-img-0106.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12354-img-0107.jpg

Within a week or two, after i pay the seeds, i have them at my place. First i put the Critical skunk (and Critical mass) in a 12 hour soak of tap water with a normal dose start booster in a glass.
A few CS, Auto Og kush and Critical mass (og kush seeds are a week old) and going out door in the next weeks...guerilla, grow, seeds, style :) keep u updated!

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12355-img-0108.jpg

Then i fill the first pre growing pots, 0.26 gallon (0,55L) and water them with tap water
(280PPM) EC 0.4 and start booster at 420 PPM (420 :) i see now!) EC 0,6 - Ph 5,5, the soil i use has some nuts in it.
From a new bag bi ground, every fresh start i do a 1:1.5 extraction on the soil to see what is up, and it give me every time a measured EC around 2.0-2,4. The Ph is 5,6-6.2 most of the time below EC 6.0.

No pictures of that part...

Then i put them between some unbleached coffee filters with the same nutrients solution. 90%+ (2 not of 45) of the two packs CS came out the first day and 55% of the winter cleaning’s pack came out the first day. The day after that another 20% came out. From the 96 seeds 23 did not show roots after the first 48 hour, no problem! i wait another week to see what is more to come out.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12356-img-9874.jpg

The picture above is what is left of the 96 seeds after the 48 hour and just before transplanting the second day's out come to pre grow pots.
The seeds that came out after first day i put in a pre-grow room with 2 x 55 w 9500K lights above, my Gavita plasmas are not here at the moment so in the next days i put on more pl light.
Next day a few more arrive :)

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12351-img-9871.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12352-img-9872.jpg

I Keep u up do date , enjoy your day and smile.

Last edited:
:eek:Dude. You are gonna have some serious selection work ahead of you!

Fantastic.

I'll be tuned in for this one. I can't wait to see what you find!

Looking forward to the next update,
Jake

Thanks for the answer Jake. I look at your topic to , good haze always welcome here. I love Amnesia. Critical haze is on my list to ;) but first this.

Whoa dude you really do have your work cut out for you to sort through all those little ones. I wish you the best, im sure you will find some gems in there for sure. Im in for the ride brother. Love the CS

Thanx professorjj
I hope to find a few good ones to, enjoy the ride :)

We are a few weeks later in de grow stage and 15 seeds of the 90 wintercleaning seeds not came out. A few did nothing more when i put them in soil , first selection done :D. I don’t have much light above the seedlings but the temp is already 28C so no option to put on another 110W of light on. They have to wait two or three weeks more before i can put them in the flower room so no hurry here, i water them 2 times so fare and one of these days i water them again (50-80ml a plant) I come back to how i do that later. I foliar spray the with some nutrispray (spore elements) and regulator (Sodium silicate) with a drop of cal/mag booster. I buy a six pack of high end mineral water with CO2 to mix the nuts with the extra CO2 cant hurt them ;)

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12375-img-9876.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12376-img-9877.jpg

One is white a albino i think, not going to make it. To bad, i love to see a full white cannabis plant in full bloom one day.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12377-img-9878.jpg

Enjoy the day and a lot of happiness for you all

Last edited:
Hi Noisyboy, great to have a look at your garden, growstyle and methods. Good luck with the pheno hunt. I'm interested.

The white one is not an albino. It's dead. :(

Keep'm green

I'm still at the pre grow phase

here they are just after putting them in 3L containers , have to order them so they have some extra time in the 0.5L containers what did them no good if you water them not good enough.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12439-foto1.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12440-foto2.jpg

Right after that i take cuttings of almost every plant.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12445-img-0447.jpg

The first ones rooted in 8 days (critical mass)

Then i put them in the flower room but at 18 hour of light

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12441-img-0443.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12442-img-0444.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12443-img-0445.jpg

I put some extra seeds in the ground , critical and two pounder , the two pounder is al sow for a outdoor seed grow. two outdoor seed grow spots this year :D

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12444-img-0446.jpg

In the back of the picture the two pounders (the ones with rockwool) and on the right some critical skunk who did not grow fast, on the front the "white label" criticals ( i think royal queen seeds lookalikes)

watering the plants:
When i put the plants in a new container i measure the weight. Lets say the container (3L) with the plant weigh 1285 gram, them i put 250 ml extra in it and we have pots weigh around 1500 gram (1,5kg) now i wait until the pots way less than 1000 gram (1kg) = around 60% of the start weight and give them water for the first time and repeat that process until week 2 / 3 of the grow and switch to automatic watering. I don’t weigh every plant i have a hand full i check and calculate how much water they need.

11 days in to flower, i have found 90% of the males at this moment. Removed them and killed the most , a few i put outdoor in the woods to collect pollen later. In the pre grow room the cuttings are going well, most of the males are gone the rest i put in 3L containers soon.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12478-img-0496.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12479-img-0497.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12480-img-0499.jpg

Yesterday i get rid of the males and put the females in 11L containers. I have more then 50 females :eek: and a handful who not show sex. Al sow a have 6 MNS critical mass plants and 4 male critical mass plants in the woods already. later this grow i put some pollen on the lower branches of 3 or 4 of the critical mass to make seeds. With 4 Critical Skunk i do the same so i can do another selection with those seeds if i want or store them in my seed boxes in the refrigerator.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12481-img-0502.jpg

The 4 selected critical skunk males who go to the woods tonight.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12482-img-0503.jpg

The males are outside. First the Critical mass males.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12486-img-0505.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12487-img-0507.jpg

The Critical skunk males i put a few meters away.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12488-img-0508.jpg

Hard to see them :D

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12489-img-0509.jpg

In two weeks i collect the pollen of each strain and put some on the lower brances of a few critical skunk and critical mass indoor plants.

50 females!?

That's a hell of a group man. have you selected from a group this large before?

I'm enjoying the show! Keep up the good work.

Jake

@ blowingupjake

Thanx for the reply. 55 females there are left to choose from :) I have done selections before. Normal i flower the cuttings but now i flower the seed plants, at this location there is not much space and light for the mothers that's why i do a different approach this time.

32 days in to flower, they start packing weight. pH 5,8, EC 1,8, CO2 800 ppm.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12492-foto-no-exif.jpg

The pre grow/mother tent is looking nice , i take cuttings for the next round in a few weeks.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12495-foto-no-exif-1.jpg

I have found 10-15 nice structured plants , now wait how they match up with the ones who are doing the best in the flower room.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12494-foto-no-exif-2.jpg

Yesterday i collect the pollen of the critical mass males, tonight i put some pollen on a bud of the CM (nr12) to make a few seed too. The CS males were not giving so much pollen so i wait one more week to collect that.

Last edited:
Mate they are looking really nice. I hope your odour control is up to the task cause these girls can really stink the place out.
The testing of 55 girls in a few weeks sounds like something I could get into, 30 was hard enough. I know you will find a couple of gems in there. Just keep an eye on those huge colas for mould, some are so big and dense air just don't get in. Nice work brother and keep us updated.
Respect pjj

Good that you like the lady's professorjj, I check my exhaust some extra times the coming weeks thanks for the reminder. I have put on a dehumidifier at night time to get the humidity below 70% and it produce some hot air. Now my air-conditioner has to go on more times at night, that is good for extra dehumidifying and in that way i hope to keep the humidity levels low at night and the temp high so when the lights come on the plants are not cold and the plants (buds) don't get wet of condensation. I have grow skunk1 and power plant before sow i have enough experience with mould, sadly to say. Can't wait until next week to look how they develop, this is a nice part of the grow:D I'm very happy with critical skunk so far. Strong growers, some variation to choose from, good to clone and easy bud ignition. What does a grower want more?

Last edited:
39 days of flowering
pH 5,8, EC 2.0, CO2 800ppm

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12496-img-0648.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12497-img-0649.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12498-img-0651.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12499-img-0653.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12500-img-0654.jpg

A skunk one, good smell!!!

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12505-img-0655.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12507-img-0656.jpg

A lot of them have brown hairs already, very quick plants. 3 weeks until harvest i think.
Have a good day :)

Last edited:
Wow noisyboy you have got your grow together...

Its a challenge to make selections from large amounts and you have it on lock!

I'm looking forward to a detailed breakdown of the pheno descriptions and selection process.

I'm very interested in this strain and may give it a shot some day ;)

Take care and stay safe

That's all looking really good so far, you know how to take care of your plants.

I'm in the process of starting of a selection grow with CS myself, together with several other MNS varieties. I have some 15 females running, I cloned the seedplants so I have a nice lot of tiny planties at the moment. The CS is lookin' really promising, rooted pretty fast. They all have very narrow leaves.

Good luck!

Wow that's some work you have their for you self I would love to have the freedom to grow that many plants out to pick a few keepers must be a pain watering all them
I must admit you have some amazing plants in there keep up the good work
ECG

@ blowingupjake thanx for the nice words.

@ gertbfrow Im more from showing pictures than talk about the strain but at the end of the grow i give it a try.

@ Twiet Thanx for the report, enjoy your swimming pool and look out that there is not to much chlorine in it ;)

@ east coast grower watering going oke sometimes i'm a day to late but in general its going good, i have a 200L container, a pump and a watering stick so in 15-25 min every evening and i'm done.

Week six of flowering , day 43. pH 5,8 EC 2.2 CO2 800ppm. My nutrition is low in cal/mag that you see in the plants, next time add more cal/mag i have noted down.
And i have a heat problem sometimes i put one light off to keep the temp below 30 degree (86F).

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12508-foto-no-exif.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12509-foto-no-exif-1.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12510-foto-no-exif-2.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12511-foto-no-exif-3.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12512-foto-no-exif-4.jpg

I did a selection again, look at every plant and removed the brown leaves, the little buds and branches on the lower side , I did this at week 3 already but now i had the change to do the finishing touch. I selected 20 plants who not match my idea of the ideal CS plant. I removed that ones from the mother tent, i let the ones in the flower room go on. As u can see there are more than a hand full who are really nice and in two weeks i hope to make a selection again. I have 27 CS and 4 CM left in the mother tent. The smell... that’s something hihi when i open the door to the flower room you can smell it in the whole building and in the flower room you smell them extra good :D Down here a few shots of some nice nuggets.

noisyboy-albums-grow-picture12513-foto-no-exif-5.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-1-picture12514-foto-no-exif-6.jpg

noisyboy-albums-grow-1-picture12515-foto-no-exif-7.jpg

Last edited:
Back