Critical Skunk Grow Journal

I'm interested to see how this finish.
I had 9 CS and didn't yield great.
Do you think AK from SS can beat CS?

I'm interested to see how this finish.
I had 9 CS and didn't yield great.
Do you think AK from SS can beat CS?

No. For commercial grows the strain I have does max 1 gram/W, the CS 1.3 grams. Keep in mind that the CS is a monstrous plant so either needs a big pot like 18 liters when you start flowering from clone, or you need to give them half of the light up until the end of the 2nd week of flowering.

4 weeks into flowering. They grew a bit too tall so I installed a heat spreader and mounted the lamp on top of the tent's support tube.

you need to give them half of the light up until the end of the 2nd week of flowering. mstam can you explain what this means ive have never heard this before? sounds like you have CS dpwn and i may give this one a go
RJ

you need to give them half of the light up until the end of the 2nd week of flowering. mstam can you explain what this means ive have never heard this before? sounds like you have CS dpwn and i may give this one a go
RJ

For grows w/ 4 or more lamps, 16 plants/m2 in 11 liter pots, keep half of the lamps off until the 2nd week of flowering. Grow the clones for only 3 days at 18 hours. Lamps at a fixed height 140 cm from the edge of the pot to center bulb.

If you grow from seeds, grow them at 18 hours for 10 days then start flowering. In less than 10 days you can separate the males from the females. Transplant them into 18 liter pots 9 per m2.

You want to keep them under 80 cm or they will be root bound and produce poorly. And of course you want to feed them properly. See the AK47 feeding chart which is for a 11 week cycle. For CS you need to cut 2 weeks.

now i understand your style is different than what i do but i like what you said and im sure by your pictures your doing just fine and that is what matters. Thanks so very much for the input my man, take care
RJ

New grow journal of the AK47. 2 days into flowering, this time I keep the light at 400W up until the end of the 2nd week of flowering to (hopefully) keep them under 80cm. Using the same soil as last time.

Amsterdam,
Looking forward to watching your journal.
I'm running CS for 2nd time with fresh batch of seeds.Last time I got some very nice producers,but choosing the better females wasn't possible until at least mid bloom.
Have you found any ways to choose better producers during veg?

Amsterdam,
Looking forward to watching your journal.
I'm running CS for 2nd time with fresh batch of seeds.Last time I got some very nice producers,but choosing the better females wasn't possible until at least mid bloom.
Have you found any ways to choose better producers during veg?

That is entirely impossible, you can't even separate males from females in the first few weeks. Follow my journal http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/critical-skunk/10316-critical-skunk-grow-journal-5.html You need to flower cuttings from the original plants.

I may have misworded,
I have found no way to pick the mothers unless I take some cuttings through bloom.

Have you found any ways to pick the mothers without taking them or cuttings through bloom with CS?

Little AK47 update. 3 1/2 weeks into flower and this time they are the contrary of last time, only 40-60cm in height. But this plant also grows during its flower cycle.

Soon I'll also have some Critical Skunk shots!

Finally a new CS grow journal! Day 1 of flowering. I let them grow a little longer because the clones sat too long in their tray so needed some time to recover and this soil, Top Grow, is very "hot". Has an EC of 2,4 from the bag so I give them as much as possible water as I can to keep the nutrient levels in the soil low enough.

Critical Skunk 7 days into flowering, doing very well. Yesterday I fed them from the top for the last time and installed a net and lowered the lamps.

And the AK47 5 1/2 weeks into flowering:

Back