Critical Skunk Grow Journal

Another pic of number one. This is clearly going to be the winner if it comes to appearance and yield. Some are a bit stickier but this one needs 2.5 weeks more easily and will double in volume.

And this is with the single component Bio Nova Soil and PK 13/14 only. No boosters! And with 600W/m2 or better this plant can definately use 18 liter pots in stead of the 11 liters it's currently in. Or with 16/m2 in 11 liter pots you must use digital ballasts @400W up until the 2nd week flower.

Attachments

• 2014-12-16 22.18.51.jpg
    2014-12-16 22.18.51.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 185
critical skunk or critical mass ?

looking at trying one of these but can't decide which one. How do you think the bag appeal will look on these girls. Have you grown critical mass yet and how would you compare them. Thanks LK

looking at trying one of these but can't decide which one. How do you think the bag appeal will look on these girls.
Totally depends which genetics you select. My number one is like a blown up Super Skunk on steroids. So the appeal will be fine because people like big buds in their bag.

But we know all in a few weeks from now when I will compare them all.

Have you grown critical mass yet and how would you compare them. Thanks LK
I've grown the Spanish Critical Bilbao which is a Spanish selection of CM. And I have one with the genetics of the original CM. Again, let's compare them in a few weeks. I'll compare weight, flower time, quality and appearance.

I harvested 3 plants.

number days wet weight
4 62 216
7 63 205
3 63 253

Days from clone to harvest.

First image is number 4. Very Skunky appearance.

2nd image is number 1 which needs a little more time.

3rd the AK47.

4th image the ugly CM style number 3.

Last image the main bud of number 3.

Attachments

• 2014-12-26 21.06.14.jpg
    2014-12-26 21.06.14.jpg
    727.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 2014-12-26 21.41.28.jpg
    2014-12-26 21.41.28.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 2014-12-26 21.43.53.jpg
    2014-12-26 21.43.53.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 2014-12-26 21.59.40.jpg
    2014-12-26 21.59.40.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 2014-12-27 19.44.02.jpg
    2014-12-27 19.44.02.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 127
Yo those are some donkey dicks! And the ak actually looks exactly like their picture shows in the strain description. That must be a nice cut. Awesome grow and flowers. Thanks for sharing.

mstam, man you made it, wow 3 try's what patients that took. Was it worth it? I kept wondering if you would just move on to other things but man you hung in there and good growing. Can you tell us what is the best advise on CS that you came away with. Seems to be easy to clone and not to fussy about feed levels but did you make your watt per plant weight and smoke report if you please?
RJ

mstam, man you made it, wow 3 try's what patients that took. Was it worth it?
It's always worth it if it's one of your hobbies :) I was fed up by the first time being struck by a virus that I insisted on successfully complete a grow.

I kept wondering if you would just move on to other things but man you hung in there and good growing. Can you tell us what is the best advise on CS that you came away with. Seems to be easy to clone and not to fussy about feed levels but did you make your watt per plant weight and smoke report if you please?
RJ

I harvested 3 out of the 8 so far so can't give you an opinion about the others yet but at the end the smoke will be about the same. It's like a regular Indica Skunk. Big yielder and nice average smoke but not as what the AK47 is going to be which smells like spring, like a flower.

The Spanish buy what is cheapest, the majority from outdoor grows, so for commercial growers it doesn't make sense to grow more complicated strains like the AK47. This is the reason I selected the Critical Skunk so I can help people with solid genetics that are very rare in Spain.

And about the yield: I did 1 gram/W before with other genetics. This grow was intended to make a selection, not a big yield. I think the total will come to 450 grams. Used soil, no enzymes, basic fertilizer and with different genetics, even from the same mother, you will never yield very well; you want to grow with clones from the winning plant. If I would do this grow again with the winner in this 90 by 90 tent, I would put 9 in 18 in stead of 11 liter pots. But even then it will be hard to do 1 gram/W in such a small tent where you lose a lot of efficiency.

For commercial grows I would recommend to use 600W per m2 or better, max 600W per 80x80cm. 16 plants/m2 in 11 liter pots, from clone immediately start with 12 hours of light, keep half of the lamps off up until the second week of flower. Center of bulb fixed at 130-150cm from the edge of the pots, depending on how well you can keep the temperature under control.

If you use dimmable digital ballasts half of the lamps @600W up until the first week of flower, then one week all lamps @440W, third week 600W and the remaining weeks 660W.

I am confident that this plant will do over 1 gram/W easily if grown well. With a digital ballast like the new Lumatek with 400V lamps 1.2 gram/W is feasible.

Looks nice!!!
I'm also going to get some C Skunk going.
I'm curious what is the advantage of using straight perlite and vermiculite?

well that was some good info on CS and i havent had the pleasure to grom her yet but commercial on this one might be a good try if im reading you right mstam. how does she clone? any other info you could give us would be great. thanks
RJ

I'm curious what is the advantage of using straight perlite and vermiculite?

It's reusable to up to a year. After each harvest pull as many roots as you can and use enzymes, full dose up until the first week of flower, then 2 weeks half dose.

You can use it with an irrigation system or the hempy bucket method. With hempy bucket you can use about any nutrient which works really nicely if you grow exterior. Drill several holes at different levels and tape the ones you don't use. Water every 2 days in a matter that the roots are wet for 24 hours, 24 dry.

Use 10-30% vermiculite, depending on how well you want the mixture to retain water. With 10% on a hydro system you can water twice/day, with 30% in 11 liter pots every 2 days which is more appropiate if you want to water by hand.

The only downside is that dry perlite is very dusty so you have to wetten it with a hose before taking it out of the bag or you have to wear a mask.

well that was some good info on CS and i havent had the pleasure to grom her yet but commercial on this one might be a good try if im reading you right mstam. how does she clone? any other info you could give us would be great. thanks
RJ

Just ask me what you like to know :) Everything has been said above I think. It's just a mostly Indica strain like so many. It's very easy to clone, I have different results though with any type of plant. In soil I had the first roots poking out already in 5 days.

Attached the dried buds of the winner #1. 62 grams dry but it needs 9.5 weeks to complete. This means that when everything is dialed in properly, with 16 plants and 660W (digital) per square meter, 55 grams per plant is feasible for a total of 880 grams or 1.33 grams/Watt.

And a pic of the main 22 grams cola of the AK 47. This is a present for a friend of mine which is quite obvious from the pic :) I tried some but it makes me go mad.

Attachments

• 2015-01-14 11.01.04.jpg
    2015-01-14 11.01.04.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 2015-01-06 13.56.41.jpg
    2015-01-06 13.56.41.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
And this is one of the same 4 AK 47's from a friend's home in a 60x60 cm tent w/ 400W lamp. Topped w/ 4 main stems.

Attachments

• IMG-20150109-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150109-WA0000.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 121
Going to continue with an AK47 grow journal if Javier (how's the family doing?) doesn't mind.

9 Serious Seeds AK47's in 18 liter pots in a 90x90 tent under a 600W powered by a Lumatek. Currently 4 main stems from which 2 will be topped for a total of 6 before I start to flower them. Using the full Bio Nova range: Bio Nova Soil, PK-13/14, Vitrasol and X-Cel.

2015-10-17_11.13.13.jpg

Last edited:
5 days into flower. Image upload still doesn't work so I included an external image with link. I topped them for a total of 5-6 main branches and trimmed the lower ones.

This is the feeding chart. Not included is 1ml/l X-Cel for every watering.
Bio Nova AK47 feeding chart

That last picture shows heat stress with the serrated leaves curl up on edges.

If you mean the leaves at the front that's because they are rubbing the wall of the tent. Temperature is set to 25 degrees Celsius which I will increase to 27 degrees in a few days once they stopped growing.

Even though I topped them several times they still grew pretty tall under 600W. Next run I'll leave them under 450W until the second week of flowering.

22 days into flowering.

Wow they look beautiful, i dont see any signs of stress, i see signs of love though! Great job mstam.

Back