Critical Meltdown

PKynes

Hi there, with this thread I want to honor the work which was done with the breeding of Critical Mass (CM) and showing the offspring from crosses I've made with these genetics. (Don't know if it's the right subforum - also this is my first contribution to this community)

In my experience Critical Mass is a very stable Skunk Afghan Hybrid which ticks a lot of boxes if you are a seasoned old school smoker.
It grows like the typical afghan/skunk you know - that's a stretch of +150-200% depending on phenotype with skunk dom sativa leaves and wide and loose christmas tree shape. The bud formation is like big compact golfball nugs lined up on the stem and branches. All were very resinous and stinky - some more roadkill, some more berry.
The stinkiest one so far needs at least 2-3(!) baggies, otherwise you can smell it 30 feet away.

The high is very well balanced between high and stone, the stuff you like to smoke during a relaxed bbq session with a couple of friends, listening to music and so on...
Sadly I have to say that the tolerance buildup is still recognizable - not as bad as with the original Big Bud, but still...
(Ok, this is criticism on a high level. The high after the tolerance buildup is still a nice and heavy hit for the day with red eyes, munchies and maybe a short nap during the comedown)

In my opinion you can compare Critical Mass to Big Bud mainly in the vigour and growth habit, the high is stronger and better balanced.
Smell and tastewise old stinky skunks immediately come up to mind - nothing compared to the old floral/herbal Big Bud Cut from the 90's.

I hope to find powerful males in this line to outcross my self selected cuts. From the pack of CM 6 males sprouted so far, sadly 5 were in the first 2 batches and got culled before they could hit some fems. The last male was able to dust 4 cuts: Satori, Blue Kush Berry, Mango (Haze/Widow?) and a stinky(only 2 bag stinky) more berry Critical Mass which was the most columnar so far.

Satori (Ivory Cut) - Nepal Indica x Nepal Sativa - 65 days, Special Satori (1 out of 100) comparable to Amnesia Core Cut - bit more trippy, almost mdma like
Blue Kush Berry - Shishkaberry x Dutch Kush - 45-50 days, Blueberry jam stuffed blueberry muffin topped with blueberry cream - sticky - mellow/muddy stone
Mango (Haze/Widow?) - mixed up seeds - 110 days, clean and euphoric high - discontinued because of lacking trichome coverage
Critical Mass (c) - 55-60 days, strong daytime high/stone - "2 bags stinky", columnar shape

Atm I'm running all my SatorixCM (only 6) and 2 BKBxCM on 11/13 from seed (together with Satori(Ivory),Blue Kush Berry,a new Mango Hz(indica),
new Mango Hz(sativa) and 2 new Satori) for seed production and evaluation. I popped the SatorixCM (SatC) as a further chance for males to contribute to the "Satori Ivory Revival Project"
- a pollen chucking project to (hopefully) preserve/improve? desired traits of my beloved Satori cut in seed form.

I want to use this thread for documentation of my breeding attempts with CM genetics involved.

Feel free to discuss...

0604.JPG

Last edited:
Good luck with your work man. I loved Satori, hope you can revive her.
Welcome to forum.

Cool project you are working on. its interessting to see what you`ll find on your journey.

greetings

Hi there, with this thread I want to honor the work which was done with the breeding of Critical Mass (CM) and showing the offspring from crosses I've made with these genetics. (Don't know if it's the right subforum - also this is my first contribution to this community)

In my experience Critical Mass is a very stable Skunk Afghan Hybrid which ticks a lot of boxes if you are a seasoned old school smoker.
It grows like the typical afghan/skunk you know - that's a stretch of +150-200% depending on phenotype with skunk dom sativa leaves and wide and loose christmas tree shape. The bud formation is like big compact golfball nugs lined up on the stem and branches. All were very resinous and stinky - some more roadkill, some more berry.
The stinkiest one so far needs at least 2-3(!) baggies, otherwise you can smell it 30 feet away.

The high is very well balanced between high and stone, the stuff you like to smoke during a relaxed bbq session with a couple of friends, listening to music and so on...
Sadly I have to say that the tolerance buildup is still recognizable - not as bad as with the original Big Bud, but still...
(Ok, this is criticism on a high level. The high after the tolerance buildup is still a nice and heavy hit for the day with red eyes, munchies and maybe a short nap during the comedown)

In my opinion you can compare Critical Mass to Big Bud mainly in the vigour and growth habit, the high is stronger and better balanced.
Smell and tastewise old stinky skunks immediately come up to mind - nothing compared to the old floral/herbal Big Bud Cut from the 90's.

I hope to find powerful males in this line to outcross my self selected cuts. From the pack of CM 6 males sprouted so far, sadly 5 were in the first 2 batches and got culled before they could hit some fems. The last male was able to dust 4 cuts: Satori, Blue Kush Berry, Mango (Haze/Widow?) and a stinky(only 2 bag stinky) more berry Critical Mass which was the most columnar so far.

Satori (Ivory Cut) - Nepal Indica x Nepal Sativa - 65 days, Special Satori (1 out of 100) comparable to Amnesia Core Cut - bit more trippy, almost mdma like
Blue Kush Berry - Shishkaberry x Dutch Kush - 45-50 days, Blueberry jam stuffed blueberry muffin topped with blueberry cream - sticky - mellow/muddy stone
Mango (Haze/Widow?) - mixed up seeds - 110 days, clean and euphoric high - discontinued because of lacking trichome coverage
Critical Mass (c) - 55-60 days, strong daytime high/stone - "2 bags stinky", columnar shape

Atm I'm running all my SatorixCM (only 6) and 2 BKBxCM on 11/13 from seed (together with Satori(Ivory),Blue Kush Berry,a new Mango Hz(indica),
new Mango Hz(sativa) and 2 new Satori) for seed production and evaluation. I popped the SatorixCM (SatC) as a further chance for males to contribute to the "Satori Ivory Revival Project"
- a pollen chucking project to (hopefully) preserve/improve? desired traits of my beloved Satori cut in seed form.

I want to use this thread for documentation of my breeding attempts with CM genetics involved.

Feel free to discuss...

0604.JPG

Welcome to the forum!

I like the rating scale of required bags per 8th...this is a 1 bag strain or a 3 bagger....I like to have both on hand; the 3 bagger is a must but the one bagger is good to have when you need to be more social! The CM should add some size, vigor and funk to the equation.

Short update

Hi there, i totally forgot to tell you some additional details:
Plants in the picture of my first post are from left to right
upper row Satori,BKB,MangoHz(s),2xMangoHz(i),2xBKBxCM
lower row 2x Satori,4x SatorixCM (2 didn't pop)

Also here are some specs from my cabinet set up: 2x30W Sanlight LED, 8cm PC Fan, GHE Flora Nutrient Solution with modified Lucas Formula (EC 0,9-1,2 PH 5,8-6,0) handwatered coco, pot size < 1 ltr, space for plants only 35x70x30 cm (D/W/H)
This cabinet is usually occupied by all my bonsai mothers and experiments.
(now in my veg chamber)

@P3iC
Yeah, I love her too. She's in my stable since 8 years now and never gets boring. I would miss her so much that i HAVE to make seeds of her as a backup

@kbonsai
i'm selecting always in favor of powerful terps, don't have a 1 bag mother ;)
you wrote down the exact reasons i've chosen this strain for and there must be a reason why it is so heavily used in the fem seed market - stable mother/father plants without much selection or is it only the bilbo clone floating around?

Now, for the nice welcome and to make the viewers happy, some fresh cut CM(RKS)

pkynes-albums-cm-picture13830-dsc01038.jpg

Last edited:
Back