Could someone please help identify what is wrong with my plant

I would agree with with soul man, it's not just about power. I use a Migro light, it's 250w in a 100x100cm tent and I've been pretty happy with my yields. Vegging for a bit longer seems to increase it the most.

With regards to your pics though, I was thinking looking at the week 4 pic that you have a good few weeks to go yet. Biggest thing I've found is add 1-2 weeks to the flowering time that breeders say. I was getting a lot of advice on my last run, but that was constant, keep it going for a bit longer. Those last two weeks they really fill out.
I’ve just started to flush them out so yes I agree with you. I’m on week 8 and I think the same as the trichomes are not there yet still has a few clear ones. I’m waiting for 80% milky and 20% amber. I’m getting a bit nervous with it at the minute so I want to finish the run.

Last edited:
Thank you it’s not easy
It definitely isn't! I will say though, especially as you are in a similar stage to learning as myself, I was champing at the bit to harvest my Shark Shock. I absolutely hate medicine that makes you fall asleep within a few tokes, and for some reason I have been paranoid if I let the amber happen too much it'll get too sleepy. Reckon I could have gone an extra few days, both plants aren't sleepy at all despite having around 20% amber. The plant I let have a touch more amber is slightly more potent I feel than the other.

End of week 8 and I think I have another week to go, been feeding fresh water for the past week and a half. A lot of build up in the soil so plenty of food in the soil until harvest. The old trichome has just stated to turn amber on one of the plants the rest have gone milky white with no amber.

Attachments

• IMG_2761.jpeg
    IMG_2761.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2760.jpeg
    IMG_2760.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2759.jpeg
    IMG_2759.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2758.jpeg
    IMG_2758.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2757.jpeg
    IMG_2757.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Is all of the growth below the canopy like picture 4? If so, you might want to wait an extra week or two.

I can only speak for myself. But, the tops will often be ready a few weeks before the flowers south of the canopy level. Just an observation.
The pistils are still white on the lower buds on the biggest plant, but the trichomes are milky on all the buds.

The pistils are still white on the lower buds on the biggest plant, but the trichomes are milky on all the buds.

In my earliest grows I had a few plants that looked similar and were milky. They ended going almost another month and the good mid-canopy buds, like you have there, all put on considerable weight and still had almost no amber. Only the top buds directly under my light ever really ambered up.

Use your best judgment, it's all we have. Regardless of what you decide, you've come a long way with this grow.

Let us know how it goes.
Diesel840

In my earliest grows I had a few plants that looked similar and were milky. They ended going almost another month and the good mid-canopy buds, like you have there, all put on considerable weight and still had almost no amber. Only the top buds directly under my light ever really ambered up.

Use your best judgment, it's all we have. Regardless of what you decide, you've come a long way with this grow.

Let us know how it goes.
Diesel840
One one of the smaller plants I accidentally broke a small branch off a few weeks ago, it’s dried since then and I smoked some last night. It was strong and I could still feel it when I woke up this morning. They are all at a similar stage so I’ll probably chop the down regardless at the end of this week as it will be week 9. Not much amber but most of the trichomes are milky.

The biggest plant has a diesel smell to it followed by a sweet after smell, looking on the breeders website the have a diesel drift strain that has a 10 week flower so I think that I have a rogue diesel drift plant instead of strawberry cake the other strawberry cake looks nearly done with a strawberry smell. The biggest one needs a few more weeks. Definitely diesel drift strain the wally’s

The biggest plant has a diesel smell to it followed by a sweet after smell, looking on the breeders website the have a diesel drift strain that has a 10 week flower so I think that I have a rogue diesel drift plant instead of strawberry cake the other strawberry cake looks nearly done with a strawberry smell. The biggest one needs a few more weeks.
Hmm. 🤔 Aside from terps and flowering length, do they look similar? Does the leaf morphology look alike, does it branch out in a fashion reminiscent of the others?

If so, you might have lucked out and gotten a rare pheno of the same strain.

That's a bummer if it did get mixed up. Either way, you've got a neat plant to compare with. 😄

Happy growing.
Diesel840

You can always increase yield with more experience but looks like you have an awesome looking bud there Alex2. Enjoy your first homegrown!
Thank you brotherBoris. It’s got a good high, it slowly washes over you. The strain is strawberry cake in the picture, it’s a cross between chronic, white widow and cheese. This particular pheno comes across heavy on the white widow side and it has a very gas terp to it

Back