Colorado cough

Anyone familiar with the Colorado or Ft. Collins cough? It's an original cut (from seedbank seed) of 5c. I know there are dispensaries in Co that have it, still seems to be elusive and is rumored to still be held by the old schoolers. My friend's father grew 5c outdoors in the early 90's and it was the fire.

always heard great things about the Sage but the ones I saw were only OK, it was really skunky and leaned way Indica, that was in Broomfield area, the Jack Herer x Blueberrys we had were a lot better, but it may have just been that particular cut....for whatever reason the strains I saw when I was there were really homogenous and similar, always indica dom, usually still full of chlorophyll.

I moved up there last year but came back here, apparently it wasn't yet my time;)

PS- however there was a strawberry cough cut which was my favorite out of all the plants I encountered up there that I didnt produce, our main strain was that Bluejack I referred to above. I was pretty bummed out by the economics of the market where I was and how difficult everything was in general. Couple that with zero work, and I had to come back home.

oh well, guess there's a lesson

Last edited:
the ft collins cough is believed to be a cut from some late 80s sensi stock.

there are a few places in town that sell some legit stuff.

Very lovely 14 week sativa, with very strong high. But does not have much in the flavor department. The buds have a darker hue to them, akin to a lot of dr. p's stuff.

My friends father grew 5c outdoors in the late 80's early 90's, it was finished by oct 7. Smelled like gingerbread leather, really red haired, the most expansive I've ever smoked. Really piney, almost impossible to hold a hit in, seemed to do better outdoors. It was very flavorful herb but had low bag appeal just looked like red hair buds, very psychedelic like taking a half hit of blotter. The name cough sounds harsh, the 5c I smoked (for 10 years) would make you cough but in a good way. Just wondered if the Cough was a similar pheno. The last og kush I had from Co. smelled similar and was not lemony?

anyone got any pics of this cut of colorado cough

im very interested in it

anyhelp is apreciated

peace

.:|BDAMbuddz|:. [Official Nug-Shot/Nug-Apreciation Thread] - Page 67 - Grasscity.com Forums

about halfway down the page ... it reminds me of a particular old school uptown NYC haze

any of you old school A5 smokers out there ... does this colorado cough have any resemblance to the NL5Haze A of old?

The way the trichomes cover the buds is awfully familiar to me ... frosted flake crunchy glazed look.

If you click that link, scroll down to the colorado cough ... notice the third picture from the top ... there are a few buds on a grinder. Well the bottom left nug looks awfully like that raw shit you used to be able to get uptown NYC ...

any resemblance to A5?

thanks all ...

Last edited:
looks beautiful

but very indica[re chunky] huh?

i would think hz x nl5 would be less so

one in pic has bag appeal of an indica

looks good

This thread and or subject matter definitely needs a bit of attention paid to it. The cough is really nice. Tastes like terpentine and rips your gourd. Anyone out there know the Cough and the new MNS NL5Haze? I'm curious to know if and how they differ, parentals and otherwise. Would make a nice reunion if one were to hit the Cough up with a bit of MNS NL5Haze pollen I should think. What say ye?

cough

hey guys, i used to get the colorado cough in the mid to late 90s. an old red head phish guy would bring it around. Definatly nl#5 x haze. colorado also has a great sage cut( back then) and a stinkiest skunk variety called trinity. That shit would stink thru your freezer! no doubt from trinity co cali, but those dudes in colorado are no joke! hope yer all doing well. Much love, CC aka mr. A of the gravity4 ledgend. She is still alive 15 years later:D

This thread and or subject matter definitely needs a bit of attention paid to it. The cough is really nice. Tastes like terpentine and rips your gourd. Anyone out there know the Cough and the new MNS NL5Haze? I'm curious to know if and how they differ, parentals and otherwise. Would make a nice reunion if one were to hit the Cough up with a bit of MNS NL5Haze pollen I should think. What say ye?

I grew some Strawb Cough a few years back .
Very similar look to the NL5 Hz C I grew at the same time . But with a sweet berry aroma/flavour .

I remember thinking this is some some of Hz hybrid . The flavour was whack in the smoke but . Burnt candy ??

As far as I know, strawberry cough just has the word cough in its name. No actual Cough(nl5hzc) genetics. Strawberry Cough smells like strawberries and is an alright strain. A little leafy for my tastes but a fine cut never the less. Now it's been rebranded by Kyle Kushman of High times infamy. Now the same old cut is called Kushmans Strawberry Cough to shamelessly serve as a marketing tool for HT. It's in my circle and has been before the name change. So unless you grew the clone only authentic American cut, then you probably grew some sort of cross more than likely. Who knows what was used for pollen? Even a self of a polyhybrid could be very different than the original....

I just got the Fort Collins Cough back into my life! It's been over ten years since I had it. Now I need to get me some NL#5xHaze from good ol' MNS and start the ball rolling. Then I'll back cross the progeny to the Cough. Open up a seriously dank pocket of old School goodness. Some of that Nigel Style kill kill.

Yeah bro it's nice. I'm just here for business. Not here for fun but it just happens to be a side effect of the industry. Ha

Just noticed your post. I literally walked 15min from my hotel down to LaConte's clone bar and low and behold, the Cough I've been looking for forever. I'm stoked.

Back