CM

Nicessity

been paranoid for a month or so.

hope everyone has been doing well!

New grow...

popped 4 seeds. 2 females.

will be doing a perpetual grow.

currently choosing a mother plant - have a cutting of each rooting since 4 days ago. will flower and determine the best characteristics.

this grow will be a sea of green, done on FoxFarm Ocean Forest, 1 gal pots for clones. Will be given 1 week to recover after rooted, and flower at 5-6" tall. will start giving FoxFarm big bloom and tiger bloom one week after flipping to 12/12.

finally upgraded my light and ventilation systems :)

600w hps with cool tube and a 520cfm in-line fan with a bigarse carbon filter with ducting running through the light out of the room, should keep it a very nice and dry 70 degrees f. not to mention there will be negative pressure in the room.

still haven't chosen the female I will keep, yet. One is a little taller with longer internodes, and the other is a little shorter with closer internodes.

any advice on my first soil grow? funny i did hydro for my first time and i'm going backwards to soil lol

Hi Nicessity, great to see you posting.
Can't wait for the next update. My advice on growing in soil it to add about 80% coco and perlite then run hydro nutes through it :)
Sorry, not helpful I know but hopefully funny.

All the best wishes in the grow.
Cptn

Just my 2 cents- I have found the taller/longer internode pheno works better for SOG (for me) as it is more of a clean-limbed skunk structure and allows more light to pass through to the lower branches. Not sure if you prune the lower branches- I do mine "Shanti-style" and prune the bottom 1/3, which on this pheno isn't many branches. I usually will remove a fan leaf or two for lower branches to get more light...She also stretches to double the height over about the first 2wks of 12/12.

But, I would reccommend flowering out both for at least 2 runs before you decide. It allows the maturity factor to come into play as sometimes the clones can/will change a bit in the second run and then be consistent to what the 2nd run was from that point forward.

Never know, the shorter/tighter internode type may work better for you. Either way, here's to a good grow! I look forward to viewing the progress!

All the best,

CM

Excuse me for the delayed posting of the photos! These are from popped seeds till yesterday. Take a look! Comments, suggestion, and conversation are welcomed!

Couple days after popping them, under 100w 2’, 4 bulb, t5

A couple days after the last picture, lol, I haven’t kept up with time recently..

Couple more days, trying to find the female sex parts ☺

Found the females…. One is a very short bushy mom (one in the front, P1), and the other is slightly taller with longer internodes (one in the back, P2)

Females after being topped, I put the tops of each to my clone box about 4 or 5 days ago. Both are looking very healthy. Both moms show slight nutrient burn on the tips from the FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil, not from pH because my water is a pH of 7-8 lol, and FoxFarm is pre-adjusted to 6.3-6.8. The run-off showed a very low pH, dunno why. But the symptoms haven’t progressed, so I think it’s fine.

Here’s a shot of the internodes of the shorter, bushier mother after being topped

Shot of the internodes of the medium, less branchy mother after topping

The tops are rooting, the left one is P1’s top, the right is P2’s top. Been here for 4-5 days and P1 has already grown those two big leaves on the inside. They weren’t there when I took the cutting. I’m only giving them water every 2 days or as needed, and spraying them lightly. They are under a 26w cfl, which keeps them warm, also. Idk where the nutrients are coming from because the older leaves are showing no yellowing haha, but WHATEVER they want ☺

Anyways, I’m taking extra precautions to my safety, now. Glad to see everyone again! Thanks Cptn haha, I saw on youtube a guy’s superlemonhaze grown in rockwool only with hydro nutes every other day and he got a pound off a 400w closet grow with 2 plants. Pretty impressive haha. This soil stuff is expensive as hell, btw ☺
Lastly, Thanks to everyone for “thumbs-upping” me with the likes ;)

-Nice-

the clones haven't rooted through the rockwool yet, but they're still slowly producing more leaves? the old leaves aren't even yellowing yet? all i did was give them water and dipped them in rooting powder when they were cut. ~puzzled look~

the clones haven't rooted through the rockwool yet, but they're still slowly producing more leaves? the old leaves aren't even yellowing yet? all i did was give them water and dipped them in rooting powder when they were cut. ~puzzled look~

Hey Nice- I've found that rooting tops generally takes longer than "normal" branches taken from nearer the bottom of the plant- the reason is the apical meristem (main growth shoot) has all of the growth auxins concentrating on upward growth, not throwing roots. Give the tops about 4-7 days longer than normal.

I've found generally lower branches throw roots (I never use any rooting gel/compound) by day 7-10 at normal room temp (72deg F) A little cooler temps will extend this by a few days (10-13).

As for showing sex, I have to say with CM they have all been like clockwork for me, showing sex right at 1mo/4wks veg (this is with no topping, not sure that would affect time to maturity though?)

I use Sunshine organic aqs my medium and have used the GH nutes as well as my favorite- Osmocote. I know I might take some heat, but Osmocote has been growing plants in commercial nurseries for decades. I love the hands-off, just water approach. The ferts are slow-release so it is VERY hard to burn them, and I get green leaves all the way through. I've done side-by-side comparisons and can honestly say I have experienced no difference in taste etc. I suppose individual results may vary though (lol)

Plants are looking great! Looking forward to watching them grow

All the best,

CM

i would keep both. im running the 2 different phenotypes i got they sound similar to yours. my stretchy one i thought would take forever but finishes in 7 weeks with smaller rock hard buds. i usually take it at 8 weeks if i dont need some smoke. them smaller rock hard buds always give a good yeild. i almost got rid of her because i thought it wasnt going to yeild anything. im glad i kept a cut. the other one had huge buds and a great strong skunky fruity smell. if i open a jar my house instantly stinks. i let run 9-10 weeks. both are strong smoke i only got it for the yields but was blown away by the potency. i got a pack of shark when i got my criticals so i had something strong and the shark is strong but the critical is right there with it.

Here are the cuttings, 20 of them, from the taller pheno. All my cuttings were between 1.5" and 1" long, very difficult and meticulous to split the stems and place in cubes due to their size.

Here they are as of now, 2 days later- they have show rapid growth with no nutes since cutting, if you compare the before and after pics. THe one in the top corner that's so big is the top of the shorter pheno, got lots of roots coming out now.

I wasn't sure if clones would work if they were so tiny, but obviously they're doing great! I'm keeping them misted, the cfl is providing heat and light. No heating mat. The cubes are moist but not overly wet.

it's nice nice is back

haha!! so ur a born again cloner now, hey?!

nice pic upgrade too! what u using? they have a real interesting character to em.. love the light reflections on the dome in post #4.. really cool.. that and the cuts in post twelve,, look like they got like a toy camera effect on 'em.. real funky!

so just CM's this round? nice ur here.:) thought u had left left.... your pal, jj

haha!! so ur a born again cloner now, hey?!

nice pic upgrade too! what u using? they have a real interesting character to em.. love the light reflections on the dome in post #4.. really cool.. that and the cuts in post twelve,, look like they got like a toy camera effect on 'em.. real funky!

so just CM's this round? nice ur here.:) thought u had left left.... your pal, jj

haha nice to see u too mate. but the reason they're so shiny and pretty is because i've been taking pics after i mist them :)

next time i'll be taking larger cuttings, but this time the plant was still tiny so i had to take little baby ones lol. but yes sir, cm all the way. my last two grows haven't been "critical" so we will see if i can reach the critical mass of these little babies!

getting closer to getting some roots!

here they are 20/11/2011.

I just dipped them in some very mild nute solution of some holland secret grow, micro, and foxforest big bloom. and I also sprayed them with the same solution.

a little yellowing on some of the bigger ones, probably put them in pots in less than a week!

Here's to a good grow (and my first grow in soil with more than 1 plant)!

P.S.
Merci, zermi

And thanks to everyone watching the grow. It will get exciting very fast once they're in the pots!

-nice-

Back