cm yield

teatime

greets ..it is my 3th grow in a row..first i did whit cana and second two whit hesi nutes.. yield was about the same..550g,600g,600..i am groving under 3 hps 400w in 2.40x1,20 container,got 55 cm clones inside. first grow i let em root 5 days under 24/7 and other two for 8 days before i switch to 12/12..clones were well rooted in 7.5x7.5 grodan cubes before transplanting.. they were ready for harvest after 42-45 days. hight of the plant at the harvest was 35-45cm..they just dont wonna go higher....i read that cm is high yielder (600g/m2) can any1 share their opinion whit me how to improve yield? :D:p

Hi teatime, what medium are you growing in? Maybe try hempy buckets. Maybe you could veg for longer and try topping. If you have everything dialed in and have an airtight room with good ventilation and perfect temps then you could try CO2 although it can be quite expensive. Are the clones from the same mom? Maybe try a seed run and pick a new mom. Maybe try a new strain, don't you have tolerance to CM after 3 grows??
Good luck

Hi there and welcome to THE CB Forum on the Net !

I have NL5xCM Vegging right now.Got 3 seeds from a very god friend here at the Forum..(Thanks alot brother grower).Put them ander the famous papertowel,took 3-4 days to get me a good "root tail"coming out of the seeds.Put them in 1Lbuckets with really good soil(a blend of high grade frozen black sphagnum peat and weakly decomposed white sphagnum peat.NPK at 14-16-18..The soil comes from Germany and the name is Klassman-Dellman GmbH in Germany.PH 6.5-7.0)
I mix that with two diffrent Bat Guano poo and worcasting..alittle bit of Dolomite lime..that's it.
And i can tell you my gils are lush and nice..Btw,forgot to say that i got two Girls and one Man,the dude is no moore BUT the girls was vegging under 4x36Watt Fluros for 4-5 weeks,until the preflowers could be seen.
Now been under the Thai sun for a 1.5 weeks and are striveing..when i put them outside they were about 40cm,one Sativa pheno and one moore Indica..they are now around 1 meter and the Sativa pheno is 10cm taller then the Indica pheno.

They are now in 3 Gallon bucket and looking very nice indeed.I hope that i can keep the mold away..But Shanti has warned me by telleing me that this mix can easly get mold issues later in bloom due to it's growpattern..we shall see.

So that said i hope you can vegg them maybe 5 weeks or until you can spot the preflowers,repott..and leave them to the nature...with that i mean NOT overdo anything..overfeeding/watering/caring..Good luck with your next grow brother grower.

Feel free to ask for tips how to improve..i know there are many top growers among this Forum so don't be shy to ask...And btw,Happy New Year..stay safe.:)

Hi teatime!

I grow cm in a sog and yield consistantly 600+ grm pr 3x3 ebb&flood tray under a 600w.

I've found for sog with cm it's best to select a stretchy pheno - the beauty with sog is that you don't need any veg, but you need to have a plant that stretches a bit.

In cm as far as I've seen there's two main phenos one stretchy and one wich is very short and doesn't stretch much.

Also I'm a bit curious to how you determined that they were done at 42-45 days? Seems very quick - mine go 56 days in hydro and pick up a lot of their weight in the last 10 days.

So to increase yield I would suggest selecting a stretchier pheno and letting it go 8 weeks.

well..since day i turn light on 12/12 regime ...after 42-45 days they all turn amber..over 75%,,so i guess i shoud chop them..whats your ;average plant high? i am geting realy good stuff...but i got 600g on 2,5m/2..dunno why i cAnt get it more...tnx any way.. ill try to get different pfeno..maybe it will make diference..but i dont belive that i can double my yeald whit that.....

75% of what are amber?

Thats a very good question.

Teatime if you're talking about the pistils then that's not a good indication for harvest time as there are a lot of reasons why the pistils could turn brown. If you're talking about the trichomes then I'm boggled as 75% amber trichomes by day 45 seems impossible. You should judge ripeness by observing the trichomes.

Heres a picture I took of a cm calyx with a 40$ usb microscope - shows mostly clear trichomes - some cloudy and only a couple amber. So not ripe yet.

gr%F8nn-albums-cm-perpetual-picture5863-microscope1.jpg

Heres a good link for trichomes and harvest.
Overgrow faq - trichomes

well..since day i turn light on 12/12 regime ...after 42-45 days they all turn amber..over 75%,,so i guess i shoud chop them..whats your ;average plant high? i am geting realy good stuff...but i got 600g on 2,5m/2..dunno why i cAnt get it more...tnx any way.. ill try to get different pfeno..maybe it will make diference..but i dont belive that i can double my yeald whit that.....

Depending on if I give the plants a week of veg or go directly to flower. If straight from aerocloner to flower-room then 60cm (2ft) with 36 plants in a 3x3. If I veg the plants for 7-10days then I put 20 pr 3x3 and they get 90cm (3ft) tall. The yield for the two configurations is about the same.

Also importnant to note that working with 400w is different to working with 600w - especially what concerns ideal heights, so what works for me might not for you.

A good pheno of cm should have major budswelling - this is what gives it it's critical mass.

On the pheno of cm I'm running the calyxes swell to a very large size, and a lot of that weight is put on in late flowering. If you're harvesting too early then you would lose out on a big part of the weight that this girl is capable of showing you. I would suggest letting her go to 55 days and see what difference that makes.

TWM for replay and advice m8,i am now in 5th week of flowering..ill let em bloom for 7 weeks to see what will happen..(cant let em 8 weeks cozz i have time deficit) and ill post some pict. after..can u post what kind off nutes u use? and some feeding schedule or so?is cm a hard feeder? maybe some fotos? tnx

What gronn said :)

Those last couple weeks are critical to yield and potency. As a rough guess you could add a couple hundred grams tou your total by just waiting.

Looking at your plants magnified 30x or more is one of the coolest things you will ever see.

TWM for replay and advice m8,i am now in 5th week of flowering..ill let em bloom for 7 weeks to see what will happen..(cant let em 8 weeks cozz i have time deficit) and ill post some pict. after..can u post what kind off nutes u use? and some feeding schedule or so?is cm a hard feeder? maybe some fotos? tnx

No problem pal - glad to be of help if I can.
To answer your questions.

I use a nutrient brand called BAC. In veg (and first week of flower) I feed them the BAC veg nutes at ec 1.2 + a root stimulator + potassium silicate + drip clean. In flower I feed them BAC flower nutes at ec 1.6 + flower stimulator + potassium silicate + drip clean. I change my res (200l) every two weeks, top up every other day with water and adjust ph to 5.8-6.0 (using coco).

The root and bloom stimulators are from BAC and I've tried to run with and without them to gauge if they were beneficial. They seem to make a difference so I keep using them even though I don't know what they contain. The potassium silicate is to boost plant immune system and provide stronger stems. Drip clean to prevent salt build-ups. I also run a bio-filter in my res that provides a strong herd of bacteria.

In my opinion most quality nutes provide what the plant requires, and it's all about finding the sweet spot for the specific plant you're growing. The most important thing about feeding is listening to your plants - as in don't overfeed them and don't let them become deficient. Everything in between is good imo.

You can check out some pics of my cm perpetual here: CM perpetual
I haven't updated it in a while because my camera is shit. Bought a new camera recently, but my woman liked it better than her xmas present so now I still have a shit camera :eek:

It would help if you posted more details about your grow and maybe some pics, and we could try to pin-point if there are any issues that could impact yield.
I for one would recommend 2x600w instead of 3x400w for a 1.20x2.40m space - I believe that would make a big difference. I grow with 3x600w in a 1.20x3m space presently and have used 400w lamps on previous grows so I'm speaking from experience. The 600w are much better in terms of penetration and efficiency.
Also 55 plants for a 1.20x2.40 space is quite low for a sog - you could try the classic 36 plants pr square meter sog for 103 plants :D

Other than that I would say try 7 weeks this rotation, and then maybe do a run of 8 weeks. If you're running a cut for production it's always a good idea to test it at different flowering times to see how that impacts yield and potency.

gl

well m8..amazing..finaly some1 who answer all i need! TWM again. ill make changes in my grow room and post pics to see what u think about it

well m8..amazing..finaly some1 who answer all i need! TWM again. ill make changes in my grow room and post pics to see what u think about it

No probs pal - if not for all the help I received when I started I'd still be growing with a 500w halogen lamp in a cupboard.
The more info you provide about your method the better people will be able to advice you.

Growing is all an evolution and a learning curve - make the proper improvements and the rewards will follow.

How is your ventilation situation? temps under control?

You should be able to do 1grm pr watt in your space with a 7-8 week cm sog. Using 2x600w and having temps under control, then easily.

I was also thinking a lot about if its possible to achieve the results of like 650-750g/m2 in 44-55 as mentioned in the description of CM. As we can read in posts of CM Growers you can get very different phenos such as big yielder and others that you can cut after 45days.

I know a guy who is growing B52 (which is also a Big Bud genetics like CM) on soil. Flowering is always 63 days. He harvests at least 650g/m2 with 600W. His last harvest was 685g/m2 in average, the best m2 was 740g. I saw it all with my own eyes.

These days I came to the conclusion that its possible to harvest between 600-800g/m2 with a 600W Lamp. But i dont believe that one can get these results in less than 56 days. Even 56 days is very short for these kind of results. Modern Inddor growing methods can accelerate natural processes, but it's also limited.

650-750g/m2 with a 600W in 45days is a bad joke. There are people who would give you 5000$ or much more if you give them a clone with genetics that could provide you with 650-750g/m2 with a 600W within 45 days.

Hydrodreams

I was also thinking a lot about if its possible to achieve the results of like 650-750g/m2 in 44-55 as mentioned in the description of CM. As we can read in posts of CM Growers you can get very different phenos such as big yielder and others that you can cut after 45days.

I know a guy who is growing B52 (which is also a Big Bud genetics like CM) on soil. Flowering is always 63 days. He harvests at least 650g/m2 with 600W. His last harvest was 685g/m2 in average, the best m2 was 740g. I saw it all with my own eyes.

These days I came to the conclusion that its possible to harvest between 600-800g/m2 with a 600W Lamp. But i dont believe that one can get these results in less than 56 days. Even 56 days is very short for these kind of results. Modern Inddor growing methods can accelerate natural processes, but it's also limited.

650-750g/m2 with a 600W in 45days is a bad joke. There are people who would give you 5000$ or much more if you give them a clone with genetics that could provide you with 650-750g/m2 with a 600W within 45 days.

Hydrodreams

Some breeders regard the formation of pistils as the start of flowering period.
If that be so, then it would pretty much tie in to a 56 day cycle.
A decent 45 day plant does not exist.
norty:)

With big bud strains from seed, only some will have that "big bud" gene active. I think Nevil said one in six will have it? I don't have any experience with Shanti's version, but I imagine it's similar. And the ones that do definitely take longer than 45 days, watch out for bud rot it's fucking depressing.

Last edited:
ever heard of crinkle :confused:

its an ontario canada strain

ever heard of crinkle kush :confused: its making its rounds and recieving great reports

both finish in 45 from the flip and some claim less

peace :cool:

Never heard of it though 'd love to try it bob.
Anything sub 8 weeks has always been a big disappointment imo.
Is this strain a derivative of DJ's Grape Krush?

Never heard of it though 'd love to try it bob.
Anything sub 8 weeks has always been a big disappointment imo.
Is this strain a derivative of DJ's Grape Krush?

crinkle is what a lot of the bikers grow , its been around ontario for years , dunno much more other then its fast and is quite good

peace :cool:

Some breeders regard the formation of pistils as the start of flowering period.
If that be so, then it would pretty much tie in to a 56 day cycle.
A decent 45 day plant does not exist.

I've heard about that. And I believe its nothing more than doing marketing and catch peoples attention:mad:. Who cares about the number of flowering days from the moment pistils start to show?:confused: People want to know how long it takes them to do one grow. Why this confusing describing of strains? People will find out anyway one day that it is not true.:p

Here in my place people start to count flowering days from changing the lights to 12/12.

Hydrodreams

How is your ventilation situation? temps under control?

You should be able to do 1grm pr watt in your space with a 7-8 week cm sog. Using 2x600w and having temps under control, then easily.

can you get 1 gram per watt with the critical mass without co2 ?
or are you using co2?

Back