CM first time grow

congratz on your first clone. looks like she'll pull through.

Patience is the name of the game when it comes to cloning, and ime the less you do to them the greater success you'll have.

I used to have a hard time cloning, but I was checking on them every 5minutes, spraying the rockwool with water, misting the inside of humidity dome, opening rockwool cubes to check for roots, adjusting temperatures, blowing into the humidity dome to provide fresh co2 etc etc.

Or in other words generally doing the opposite of what I do now which is set em and forget em.

In the beginning I prolly had 1 in 10 success doing all that uneccessary shit. Now that I set em and check on them 10 days later I generally have 9 in 10 success rate.

Btw - my little plants are growing like crazy now - 2 inches of growth in 24hrs. Love it when they're happy :D

Thanks mate! Yea, i've kind of just neglected the little girl and put her in a cooler with a cfl and covered her up. I make sure she is watered about every day with mild rooting hormone in the mix. i honestly thought i'd never be able to get cloning to work, but I guess that shows me, huh haha.

Where are the pics Gronn???? i've found that cm has some random growth spurts; it'll grow 2 inches one day, none the next, then 3 the next day. crazy crazy crazy fool :)

congratz!

hey all. hey nice.

lookin mad!

-i just wanted to ask if u could start typing out a translations of zeimai's posts? that would b much appreciated, bud.

-regarding cutting., roots usually start to show (emerge from cube that is) between 7-20 days. in my findings, chief factor for speed is a steady rooting medium temp., i'v found that just a couple of cold nights can b the differerence between a 10 strike and a 17 day strike.

2nd factor for cuttings is getting a feel for ideal moisture level in the medium. basically, drier is better, as this means more air.

when u first take the cut, check on it (just look to see that it is not looking unhappy) every couple of hours for 1st half a day, just to make sure it likes the new envirnment..

--finally, this is not my recommendation, it is simply what i do, but for many years now, i have not bothered with rooting hormones or humidity domes.

.. .. .jj

hey all. hey nice.

lookin mad!

-i just wanted to ask if u could start typing out a translations of zeimai's posts? that would b much appreciated, bud.

-regarding cutting., roots usually start to show (emerge from cube that is) between 7-20 days. in my findings, chief factor for speed is a steady rooting medium temp., i'v found that just a couple of cold nights can b the differerence between a 10 strike and a 17 day strike.

2nd factor for cuttings is getting a feel for ideal moisture level in the medium. basically, drier is better, as this means more air.

when u first take the cut, check on it (just look to see that it is not looking unhappy) every couple of hours for 1st half a day, just to make sure it likes the new envirnment..

--finally, this is not my recommendation, it is simply what i do, but for many years now, i have not bothered with rooting hormones or humidity domes.

.. .. .jj

haha no problem man, i shoulda thought about posting translations! i will next time. thanks for the advice jj! clone is looking great! got her in a drink cooler with a cfl haha.

i wish the momma would bulk up tho, buds are lookin great but i guess buds take longer to grow than veg lol

bonjour, j'ai compris que vous ne me compreniez pas,à cause de la traduction.
-je ne posterais plus de message,c'est plus simple. merci a tous pour vos reponse.

merci, j'utilises dejas "google chrome".je ne peus vous comprendre normalement; c'est juste sur ce forum,mais pas de soucis.
-si tu as 5 minutes tu peus regarder ce lien: " www.house-garden.fr ". tu as le schemas de culture pour hydro,tu comprendras ce que je veus dire par "EC". vous sur ce forum vous parler en terme de " force". exemple: 1/2 force ou 3/4 de force. mais je continus a lire vos sujets qui sont tres interressant. bonne continuation a tous.

Last edited:
whoops, just figured i can use 'Bing' to translate it myself! computer noob i am. doesn't seem to do the language justice, tho. feels like i'm reading words written by Borat!! lol! cheers, zeimai! i'm sure u don't write like borat!! . .. .jj

Clone1.jpg

good one, nice.. this little thing could be the key to unlimited access to a very nice plant. cold and wet is the enemy to rooting.. let it breath- no standing water, let it dry out a bit between wetting the cube. i'm hesitant on that last comment, as a too dry cube can quickly end the journey,, but then i can't see that happening, as it'll feel way too light waay before this point... ..

Last edited:
Where are the pics Gronn???? i've found that cm has some random growth spurts; it'll grow 2 inches one day, none the next, then 3 the next day. crazy crazy crazy fool :)

Hi Nice!

Gotta love them growth spurts :D

She's still happy and growing like crazy - soon she'll start packing on the weight if god and circumstance are willing.

Here's a pic of how they look today 15 days in flower- bud formation has started.

gr%F8nn-albums-cm-perpetual-picture5648-050.jpg

Below is a side-by-side of the view of room now and how it was 6 days ago. The angle is a bit different, but the netting and the pieces of wood on the walls are in the same place.

From 20cm to 50cm in 6 days is a nice average of 2 inches a day. If I wasn't such a busy boy I would just sit and watch em grow.

But it seems like the 9 first days weren't so great for them :(
I think i have to improve my method to minimize the time it takes for the new plants to adjust to the flowering room.
Might put up a pre-flower room to veg the plants for a week after they get transplanted from the cloner to the hydroton. as i think the first week of flower is wasted growing roots and getting over transplant shock. Which could be acomplished under t5's.
This is my first sog grow btw. Grateful for any advice.

gr%F8nn-albums-cm-perpetual-picture5649-054.jpg
gr%F8nn-albums-cm-perpetual-picture5652-hpim2477.jpg

Nicessity said:
i wish the momma would bulk up tho, buds are lookin great but i guess buds take longer to grow than veg lol

Tell me about it. Every grow I start fiending and worrying at some stage.

This is what's going through my head: "Will they form nice buds? Are they behind? I hope they bulk up soon. Oh no it's gonna be a bunch of fluff... Are my nutes good? Aaaargh maybe I should add (insert random uneccessary snake oil nutrient supplement)... This guy on icfag says I should pull off all my leaves - maybe he's right? Rusty nail through the stem? vortex water? alien sex hormones? ...."

My advice to you and self: Don't stress. Patience is a virue. And growing is about learning what works in your environment - with your plant - with your method, and adjusting accordingly. Take note of what you wish you had done diffrently and improve.

Sorry for rambling in your thread - don't mean to hijack your thread btw. I'll contain myself to an occasional picture, but try to minimize the rambling :p.

Looking forward to seeing her bulk up, and hope my girls look as nice as yours in a week.

Last edited:
Update at day 68 from Seed guys!

Full shot of the momma :)
IMG00211-20110705-1442.jpg

Central Stalk
IMG00212-20110705-1442.jpg

Here is the clone :)
showed roots yesterday, got her in a top drip until she can reach the nutes!
IMG00210-20110705-1442.jpg

Thanks, Dawn! I just got super lucky on everything! lol, i haven't been sterile or anything, it's all been ghetto haha. clone is looking great :) got a water pump givin her seedling strength!

The momma is over 100cm wide and over about the same height! Gonna flower for 20 more days cause u guys tell me to flower longer haha.

ATTENTION HYGROMETER ADVOCATES: I got a hygrometer today haha. It's 49% rh and 75 degrees-f. Everything is going well! I did get a little burn on her top leaves because of nutrients, i think. I, also, had a guy come in to look at my setup that is a hydroponic veteran and he told me to get the 400w hps within 8", so that's what I'm doing haha. Once the momma is ready for harvest, I'll stick the clone in the room with the 400w metal halide. There'll be no reason to keep on with my grow log, but I'll still be here chattin' you guys up!

Thanks so much for everyone's help, gronn, dawn, jj, everyone! It's been an awesome experience!

I'll still be updating till she's cut and dried!

Peace, love, and fuzzy slippers;

-nice-

Hi Nice!

Gotta love them growth spurts :D

She's still happy and growing like crazy - soon she'll start packing on the weight if god and circumstance are willing.

Here's a pic of how they look today 15 days in flower- bud formation has started.

gr%F8nn-albums-cm-perpetual-picture5648-050.jpg

Below is a side-by-side of the view of room now and how it was 6 days ago. The angle is a bit different, but the netting and the pieces of wood on the walls are in the same place.

From 20cm to 50cm in 6 days is a nice average of 2 inches a day. If I wasn't such a busy boy I would just sit and watch em grow.

But it seems like the 9 first days weren't so great for them :(
I think i have to improve my method to minimize the time it takes for the new plants to adjust to the flowering room.
Might put up a pre-flower room to veg the plants for a week after they get transplanted from the cloner to the hydroton. as i think the first week of flower is wasted growing roots and getting over transplant shock. Which could be acomplished under t5's.
This is my first sog grow btw. Grateful for any advice.

gr%F8nn-albums-cm-perpetual-picture5649-054.jpg
gr%F8nn-albums-cm-perpetual-picture5652-hpim2477.jpg

Tell me about it. Every grow I start fiending and worrying at some stage.

This is what's going through my head: "Will they form nice buds? Are they behind? I hope they bulk up soon. Oh no it's gonna be a bunch of fluff... Are my nutes good? Aaaargh maybe I should add (insert random uneccessary snake oil nutrient supplement)... This guy on icfag says I should pull off all my leaves - maybe he's right? Rusty nail through the stem? vortex water? alien sex hormones? ...."

My advice to you and self: Don't stress. Patience is a virue. And growing is about learning what works in your environment - with your plant - with your method, and adjusting accordingly. Take note of what you wish you had done diffrently and improve.

Sorry for rambling in your thread - don't mean to hijack your thread btw. I'll contain myself to an occasional picture, but try to minimize the rambling :p.

Looking forward to seeing her bulk up, and hope my girls look as nice as yours in a week.

dude, ur the bomb, you have an awesome setup, unlike me in my bathroom closet with a clone in the shower haha! Doing great, man. CM is a beautiful girl, and she can take a beating, obviously, since mine was put through hell and back again and still turned out to be the female and grew huge and beautiful!

GOOD LUCK!

Hi Nice, your humidity is too high, not a problem now but when the buds get bigger it might cause bud rot. If you cant do anything about the 49%H then try and keep the air circulating in and out 24 hours a day and it will help. I had bud rot so I know what I am talking about. With other plants no prob, but CM buds are huge! Oh, BTW, I told you to put the light lower!:p

Great job man keep us updated,
Dawn

Thanks, man! I'm gonna go get one of those cheap dehumidifiers at the store and suck all that moisture out :)

One question,
Do I need to keep one mother in a perpetual state of veg to take clones from for the rest of the time i grow CM? or is it okay to take a clone from the plant every time I'm fixing to go into flower? So either 1 mother having babies forever (1 plant giving clones forever) or a mother giving birth and that turning into a mother, giving birth, turning into a mother, giving birth (1 creating one then getting cut, then the next giving a clone and getting cut, and the next giving a clone and getting cut)?

How are your grows coming, dawn?

Hey Nicessity! You have great looking plant there!
I guess in a month she will be ready to cut !?(judging from pic)
enough time to grow that clone into a nice plant...
And all what EB said up here!
Stay safe bro.
Thh

Update at day 68 from Seed guys!

Full shot of the momma :)
IMG00211-20110705-1442.jpg

Central Stalk
IMG00212-20110705-1442.jpg

Here is the clone :)
showed roots yesterday, got her in a top drip until she can reach the nutes!
IMG00210-20110705-1442.jpg

Thanks, Dawn! I just got super lucky on everything! lol, i haven't been sterile or anything, it's all been ghetto haha. clone is looking great :) got a water pump givin her seedling strength!

The momma is over 100cm wide and over about the same height! Gonna flower for 20 more days cause u guys tell me to flower longer haha.

ATTENTION HYGROMETER ADVOCATES: I got a hygrometer today haha. It's 49% rh and 75 degrees-f. Everything is going well! I did get a little burn on her top leaves because of nutrients, i think. I, also, had a guy come in to look at my setup that is a hydroponic veteran and he told me to get the 400w hps within 8", so that's what I'm doing haha. Once the momma is ready for harvest, I'll stick the clone in the room with the 400w metal halide. There'll be no reason to keep on with my grow log, but I'll still be here chattin' you guys up!

Thanks so much for everyone's help, gronn, dawn, jj, everyone! It's been an awesome experience!

I'll still be updating till she's cut and dried!

Peace, love, and fuzzy slippers;

-nice-
Hi nice she's looking great.

She sure is one huge momma :D

congratz on the baby showing roots. u now have an unlimited supply of plants :eek:.
I like to keep several small moms and replace periodically. It's a good insurance against loosing a strain or if you want variety.
Like this old overgrow article: bonsai-mother-plants-og-salvage - good way to do it if you have limited space.

The little clone should be a nice sized plant for putting into flowering by the time you harvest the monster in the closet. And then before flowering her you can take several cuttings to make a mother from. ;)

Hi nice she's looking great.

She sure is one huge momma :D

congratz on the baby showing roots. u now have an unlimited supply of plants :eek:.
I like to keep several small moms and replace periodically. It's a good insurance against loosing a strain or if you want variety.
Like this old overgrow article: bonsai-mother-plants-og-salvage - good way to do it if you have limited space.

The little clone should be a nice sized plant for putting into flowering by the time you harvest the monster in the closet. And then before flowering her you can take several cuttings to make a mother from. ;)

that is an awesome thread, gronn! i'll definitely do that!

the place i have my clone at right now is too small for the 4ft 4 bulb t5 fixture i had, so i sold it and i ordered a 2ft 4 bulb t5 fixture, it should be here by monday or so! for that one clone, 100watts from a 2ft 4 bulb t5 fixture should be enough in a small white room, shouldn't it? i had two under a 200w for half of the veg before i switched to the 400w mh for the last grow i did.

-nice-

Here's just a few pics I liked, since I found my camera! No blurry, crappy images, anymore!

There are still a few burnt leaves around the main stalk, just because of the nutrient burn from about a week ago. She hasn't gotten any worse, so she's in the clear!

Central Bud
SANY0011.jpg

Just a random bud, one of manyyyyy :)
SANY0012.jpg

And, Gronn, that really sucks, mate... That light system is crazy! Can you say, "ROAD TRIP!" and get those buggers! haha

Roadtrip would be cool, but it would be a long one.

So in absence of time or car i've found these:

t5.jpg

Should do the job if i get multiple. Unfortunately it seems i'm going to be paying 2x the price to get about half the quality, but such is life.

I'm sure they will grow plants nicely even if they don't look as nice ;)

Nice buds you got going there - some light bleaching and some nute burn, but nothing serious and if she's not getting worse you must have fixed the issues.

If your camera has a setting for manual white balance you can take pix under hps light and have them come out normal instead of orange.

i think, here soon, i am going to do a bonzai marijuana tree grow with the sage and spice feminized seed or the burmese kush feminized seed i have. just to decorate my room :)

here's a pic of what i'm talking about if no one has heard of that type of grow.

they are used to give perpetual cuttings with only less than a cubic foot of grow room and less that 50w of light. good for disguising your mother or decorating your room. people who have them have had them all over their house and guests in the house think they are some special type of bonzai, not cannabis.
Also, they will stay healthy for up to 15 years, only dying once the roots have been over-crystalized by unremovable salt build-up over the years.

halloween_2007_ulf_Cannabis_sativa.jpg

Back