CM first time grow

flowering has commenced!

day 1 of flowering

0606012332a.jpg

there were a few leaves burnt because the babysitter didn't move the light up to adjust for the rapid growth, it's averaged over 1.5" per day since i've been at the beach. both plants still look extremely healthy! they have been moved to beginning-flowering solution. about 3-5 leaves were burnt, but the sitter will be trimming the leaves to encourage new growth!

also, they have been moved to a 400w HPS, instead of 400w MH!

I'm excited!

what does everyone think so far!?

looking real good

they have grown quite wide,but i guess they will stretch and
i am very interested ,on ,how much will they stretch,so i can plan my grow :)
everything looks good..i'll be watching how will they progress ;)
Cheers THH

Last edited:
Thanks, guys!

I'm kind of on end because there was a little leaf burn, and I'm still not home to care for the babies. I guess this is how a nervous mother feels when her child gets a cold when she's out of town haha.

Everything is going great: when I get back home, I will have to drill some holes in the ceiling to attach the light so I can raise the light up high enough haha. The ceiling is 8' and the plants are getting close to 2' tall. But they are just tied to a bar going across to the side walls. I will fix that when I return.

I'm so happy my first grow is going to well, mates! Thanks again to everyone for their input and for the grow logs to use as a reference. I hope everything turns out well.

Also, since I left in vegetative phase so long and let it max out on growth, we will see the true potential of CRITICAL MASS! Muhahaha!

Peace, Love, and Fuzzy Slippers -

-nice-

Looking amazing nice. They're gonna be beasts. Will be interesting to see how big they get. DWC sure can grow some plants.

8' ceiling should be plenty of space, but would prolly be good to prune of some of the bottom growth when u get home - be brutal :D

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

yo, u got yourself a hygrometer yet? jj

Nope I haven't yet, jj. What is a hygrometer btw? Like a humidity tester?

I'm too lazy to look it up on my phone haha.

I'm on my way home, now. Will update with pictures as soon as I arrive. ETA: 6 hours..

Can't wait to see my babies!

yeah, exactly that.. what u wanna get is a thermometer/hygrometer that records highs and lows.. so when u check on 'em, with the press of a button, you can see how the weathers been to 'em.. and keep the humidity in check or mold can ruin your your girls real quick 2nd half of flower.. .. .

hygrometer

hey bud here's what you looking for:

It tells you temperature with highest and lowest value,and in the lower part it tells humidity or RH-hygrometer- same with highest and lowest value
hope it helps,
Cheers THH

soooooo plant 2 turned out to be a damn male.... cut his ass out. now it's back to just 1 plant. i hope she does good! she's got a lot more space to breathe now!

i shoulda known it'd be too lucky to get 2/2 females! haha

but anyways, i thought about taking cutting but i don't know much about it and it's better to not screw the one girl i have up.

i have the two seeds that came free with the mr nice left : burmese kush and sage and spice (both feminized)

so we shall see how this lady turns out without having all that competition!

she is drinking her nutrients very fast, though: am i supposed to fill her back up? in almost a week she's drank half of it. do i just fill with pH'd water or nutrient solution?

bummer, but keepin on going! the one i almost threw away is my last hope! haha, will post picture

P1_-_Day_45_from_Seed.jpg

it doesn't look as clear as the other pics for the past 2 weeks cause it's a different camera lol. i have a few other pics of it now in my photos.

how does everyone rate my chance of success with this one darling, now? haha

I will be transplanting both plants into a simple dwc setup tomorrow because this aeroponics system is giving me such a headache trying to adjust the pH and trying to move around all the parts to change nutes.

did you mean to write something else? ha

P1_-_Day_45_from_Seed.jpg

it doesn't look as clear as the other pics for the past 2 weeks cause it's a different camera lol. i have a few other pics of it now in my photos.

how does everyone rate my chance of success with this one darling, now? haha

Looking good - I rate your chance of success as high. Just make sure to keep on top of the dwc.

she is drinking her nutrients very fast, though: am i supposed to fill her back up? in almost a week she's drank half of it. do i just fill with pH'd water or nutrient solution?

refill with ph'd water. Are you doing weekly change of the nutrient solution?

Cloning isn't very hard at all, and it's a useful skill to learn. If i were you i would trim off some of the bottom branches as they're gonna produce airy popcorn bud anyways, and let the plant focus its energy on the top buds.
You can try to clone the stuff you prune off.

I use an aero cloner, but there are people being successful with rockwool, peat, coco, soil and loads of different rooting plugs.
Try whatever suits your style best and make sure to not keep them to wet. You should have some rooted clones in 2weeks.

Even though one was a male I still recon your gonna get a good yield from the one plant with that extra veg time.

Looking good - I rate your chance of success as high. Just make sure to keep on top of the dwc.

refill with ph'd water. Are you doing weekly change of the nutrient solution?

Cloning isn't very hard at all, and it's a useful skill to learn. If i were you i would trim off some of the bottom branches as they're gonna produce airy popcorn bud anyways, and let the plant focus its energy on the top buds.
You can try to clone the stuff you prune off.

I use an aero cloner, but there are people being successful with rockwool, peat, coco, soil and loads of different rooting plugs.
Try whatever suits your style best and make sure to not keep them to wet. You should have some rooted clones in 2weeks.

Even though one was a male I still recon your gonna get a good yield from the one plant with that extra veg time.

ah okay, so if i were to try to clone the momma, how would i go about it? i was going to buy i couldn't get myself to cut on the limbs with the fresh growth like i read online. i was thinking about just cutting a leaf or two from the bottom growth that has a limb going to the main stem: basically just a leaf with a stem and dipping it in rooting powder and sticking it in rockwool. then just sitting it somewhere under a few cfl bulbs, not much wattage because i only have that one closet for growing. my shower isn't wide enough to fit the 4ft t5 flourescents in there to grow clones. and i have no idea how much to water cuttings in rockwool or to give them nutes or whatever lol. mainly idk where i could have enough room to grow them under the 4' t5. would it work to have the 2 clones under sayyyyyy 4 26w cfls? if so i could fit that in my shower.

anyone got any step by step and setup advice for me to take some clones?

thanks.

-nice-

yeah, temperature of the rooting medium is paramount to successfull and prompt 100% strikerates. buy a cheap $4 thermometer and stick it in the medium to the same depth as your cuts..so you know whats goin on down there.. i like mine 22- 27 degrees C.

-i remember reading in a seedbank catalog where Nev mentions that the big bud (of which i believe CM is a remastering of) doesn't require as much light intensity to yeild tight nugs as many other varieties, so that correlates with Dawn's report.

-however, def give cloning a go.. 1 lower branch is an investment, not a sacrifice.. do as Dawn described.. the branch can b cut into several segments, each being around 3" long, each a new plant!

Do not trim the lower branches. The so called airy bud on this plant is not airy as gronn suggests. You can take a branch or two to clone but the buds on this one tend to be good even on the bottom and since you only have one plant you want the most you can get.

Even so i would still prune some of the lower branches and make clones from them, it's a good investment.
In my experience the plant will just refocus it's resources on the remaining branches, and as long as you don't trim of too much it won't affect your yield at all.

It's easy peasy - just follow the tutorial that Dawn posted. But no need to use superthrive or hygrozyme. Just presoak your cubes in ph 5.5 water overnight to prepare them for use. Use a rooting hormone such as clonex to increase your rooting percentages.

Cuttings don't need much light to be happy - a couple 26w cfl should be plenty enough.

It's important to keep the temperature of the rockwool in the range jondojoando suggests or else the cuttings will take forever to root. Also important to make sure the rockwool cubes aren't completely saturated with water (jus shake out excess water) as this will also delay rooting.
And good hygiene is also very important - wash your hands and all equipment well before cloning to avoid grey mold and damping off.

I'm sure you will have great success cloning, and once you master this skill you will be self-sufficient, and able to keep the nice plants you get from seeds forever.

sounds good guys! the mama is still in dark cycle right now or i'd give it a go with the cloning. i'll take two cuttings from the bottom and get a tray to get them going in the rockwool. i have the rooting powder so we will see how successful i am with that haha. i'll get, probably 4 cfls to light these babies up pretty good. wish me luck! i will post pictures step by step of me doing it so u guys can tell me if i'm doing it right.

nevermind guys, this being my first grow and all i don't think i'm going to test my cloning skills lol. on the next grow i will do that!

i just want everything to go smooth with this mama. i changed nutes today, root mass is crazy!

totally understandable.. info overload, eh? though my suggestion is to still give it a go, using the male plant, which would otherwise be thrown out i assume. that way, it's kinda 'just for fun', no pressure, no expectations.. just to get ur hands wet, so to speak.. you'll gain confidence, learn lots, and will be ready for when it counts.. just a thought..

p.s. i told u u shoulda popped 3 seeds! heehee!!

damn it! i should have cloned the male for a test like u said! i'm such an idiot, he's been hanging there dead for 2 days now haha. i'm gonna make some butter with him!

but here is a photo of the female! she's 21" today, bud hairs are starting to form! She hasn't shot up like dawn's did but she's definitely getting huge. she has commandeered the space that the male was taking up. she was flat on one side but has filled out since she isn't getting overshadowed by the male anymore!

IMG00176-20110614-1829.jpg

I'm keeping tops about 18-20" away from the 400w hps, it looks like there may be a couple spots from from burn, but I put my hand under there and it's not hot at all, plus I have the fan going---maybe just a little stress from nutrient change/ph change?

Back