CM first time grow

guys, i'm getting kind of nervous about how big these plants may get if I veg any longer. they're only about 6-6 1/2" tall but they're really lush and compact. They're both females and I have to decide wether I am going to start flowering this saturday or wait for 2 more weeks because I will be gone on holiday. So vote now:

start flowering 5/28/11
start flowering 6/11/11

I have room for them to get up to 3' tall each, what should I do?

Congratz on the girlz.

I vote for 6/11/11.

As i think 6 1/2" and 4weeks old from seed is to small and young to start flowering. Better to give two more weeks of veg and maybe get some tall plants. It all depends on how quick they grow and how much they stretch in flower. But I think they're to small to start flowering now.

You can always train them - or maybe even top them (don't know how cm responds to topping, but if u research and ask around i'm sure you'll find out).

Give 'em an extra couple of weeks veg - should increase your yield even if u have to prune of some bottom growth and do some bondage on them.

thanks guys!

i think i'm going to start flowering after one more week maybe, idk, i will be having someone take care of my plants while i'm gone and i'll ask them to update me with pics.

i think it'd be good to flower when they're both about 10" tall what you think? Also, how do you guys feel about the pics above of the slight curling? Something I should worry about or will it go away as the root systems develop more?

curl is nothing to worry about looks like she might have been too close to the light. or even could be genetic. your off to a fine start

Hi Nice!

I still give you between 80 and 90% chance of success. It looking good!
for the curling leafs I suspect your humidity level is too high!

Have fun!
MT

thanks again guys! they're about 2' away from the light and i put my hand above them and it's actually really cool, but the humidity would make sense! I will definitely pull the pan of water i have in there out and put a small bowl of water to evaporate instead. they didn't start doing that until i put it in there, now that I think about it!

i just had a really high humidity level till now because i wanted to make sure my plants turned female cause i've read that a low humidity level and high temp create males or hermies!

I'll check it out! THANKS AGAIN!

I wouldn't worry about the leaf curl unless it gets worse - they don't look stressed at all. I think the curl is prolly result of having your fan blowing straight at the plant and not oscilliating.

High humidity in early veg is very good, the plants love it - as long as you have good air exchange and circulation you should be golden.

Just wanted to post a link: Moisture stress thread by cantankerous old man. An absolute classic by the legendary Uncle Ben.

hey bud.

-did u say that they are both girls? i woulda thought it b too early to tell... are the preflowers developed yet? you gotta know so u can plan and allocate resources accordingly..

-oops, today is 5-28.. so too late to vote.. my opinion is strongly on the side of veggin 'em bigger ...

-can't remember if you already stated the available space.. so 3 feet vertical growth and like what, 1m X 1m?

cheers. .. .

Last edited:
tee hee!! and behind door no.2 we have LSD!! venture forth! oh, and watch yourself behind doors 6 and 8, not sayin there's anything 'up' with them, but with great power comes great responsibility.. and running into too many doors lead to posts that confuse the one reading it before it has ever been posted.. i should know as i'm plenty confused at the the stroke of these keys. .. .. .. .. .. .. ........

tee hee!! and behind door no.2 we have LSD!! venture forth! oh, and watch yourself behind doors 6 and 8, not sayin there's anything 'up' with them, but with great power comes great responsibility.. and running into too many doors lead to posts that confuse the one reading it before it has ever been posted.. i should know as i'm plenty confused at the the stroke of these keys. .. .. .. .. .. .. ........

haha sorry, i was just saying that marijuana is a life-changing tool. out of left field, but oh well!

Hey Nice,your CM looks better than mine though...
i have tons of problems with my grow,but that is how it goes when i am stoned all the time.i overferted and temps of water are too high...i got curling of leaves on the edges and curling downward because of overferting (too much N),and to top that i have a wrong combo meter(ph,EC,ppm+temp)but the EC is for high values...so i can't calibrate it with 1.41 solution it asks for 12.xx solution:mad:
and you are about a week or week and half,ahead of me,so i'll keep my eye on your thread ;)
Stay safe bro!
THH

Hey Nice,your CM looks better than mine though...
i have tons of problems with my grow,but that is how it goes when i am stoned all the time.i overferted and temps of water are too high...i got curling of leaves on the edges and curling downward because of overferting (too much N),and to top that i have a wrong combo meter(ph,EC,ppm+temp)but the EC is for high values...so i can't calibrate it with 1.41 solution it asks for 12.xx solution:mad:
and you are about a week or week and half,ahead of me,so i'll keep my eye on your thread ;)
Stay safe bro!
THH

hey mate, these plants bounce back after goofs!

i almost killed and threw plant 1 away. at one week, i cut the jiffy pellet down the side and because i didn't think it was growing anymore, and inside, where the roots were, was completely dry, no water at all. so it was stunted for a few days. then i was overfeeding and drowning them. then i had humidity and fan power too high.

here are my pointers with cm:

-keep at seedling/mild solution for the first month, don't ever go over 800 ppm in your solution. they really like mild solution as opposed to heavy solution. they will quit growing if you give them what GH nutrients says on the bottle, keep it around the mild plant or seedling strength that the bottle says for the first month, like i said, then give it full mild solution, not full veg strength. then for flowering, i would go by the bottle but keep the levels under 850 ppm, so adjust accordingly as the bottle gives you instructions for a much higher ppm

-keep humidity at about 50-70% for veg stage, once it has chosen sex, hopefully female because you've been keeping it VERY HUMID, then step it down, way down for flowering so the buds don't mold due to the high density of the buds

-don't have a full force fan on them, keep it very gentle and oscilating, just a very tiny amount of motion

-the water temp hasn't affected me and both buckets are under 400w mh at the moment. keep it below 80 degrees, though

-don't smoke in the room, nicotine is poison to them

-keep ph for cm at 5.8-6.3, which has been the best for me, i usually keep it at 6.2 or 6.3 after the pH stabalizes.

-make sure if you are using tap water to neutralize the calcium and lime with fish tank tabs which will also get the chlorine out, all tap water has chlorine, which is poison

-don't fluctuate the pH, or temp too much.

-keep the plant temp during light cycle at around 70-78, maybe 80, i don't have a thermometer in my room haha.

-they bounce back very well, pH for these guys and low nutrient concentration is the key for CM, less is more, 400ppm for early growth, 750ppm-850ppm for late veg and early flower, up to 1000ppm for mature flowering is what i will use but i haven't gotten there yet! my plant 1 is a month old, the other is 3+ weeks.

got any new pics?

good luck!

Hey Nice,these pics that i have are from last 6 hours lol!
tomorrow morning i am changing water in my buckets.i think that i will have 1 male,but will be sure in 2 to 3 days...yeah i'll go easy with ferts this time so i'll be updating tomorrow on how is going...
thanks for the guidelines on fertilization,oh yeah and pics i'll post a few right now to show you what i was living of last year ;),and i never had such problems as this time around, but we learn each day,yeah!
Stay safe bro!
THH

edit:check my 2010 album

Last edited:
rewriting history

oh come on nice, u erased that good stuff about Jesus... shoulda kept it.. Jesus deserves the props!, yes? plus now i sound like a raving lunatic on post #55!? tsk tsk.. . .. .jj

edit:
haha sorry, i was just saying that marijuana is a life-changing tool. out of left field, but oh well!

no need to apologise, bud, if we can't speak free here, then what's the point, eh? hell yeah, cannabis is a blessing to me! cheers, nice.. .

Last edited:
Where did your nice post 54 go?

Even though it was maybe a bit personal and loony - I still agreed 100% with it. Cannabis is the opener of doors within - a powerful tool. And one that they would deny us to keep us powerless and docile.

As jojo says: if we can't talk about it here, where then?

And Jondoejoandoe: U always sound like a raving lunatic. It's part of your charm :D

Last edited:
About time to start flowering, no?

Wanna see some pics, but ur prolly at the beach right now Nice. Well well, enjoy and be sure to post some new pics as soon as possible.

About time to start flowering, no?

Wanna see some pics, but ur prolly at the beach right now Nice. Well well, enjoy and be sure to post some new pics as soon as possible.

Haha sorry guys, the beach is amazing! I got the babysitter to send pics today! Be prepared!! I can't reply to everyone because its taking me an hour to upload these pics from my blackberry haha!

Without anything further, here are plants 1 and 2 right to left. Plant one at 5 weeks, plant 2 and 6 weeks (even though it is larger). They are both 17"! I am having babysitter switch to flowering immediately tonight! Haha they were just under 7" when I left a week ago!!

Plant 1 (5 weeks) and plant 2 (4 weeks)
0604011352b.jpg

Plant 2 measurement from base at top of hydroton!
0604011352a.jpg

Like I said! I will be commensing flowering tonight via the babysitter while I'm at the beach so they don't overgrow my house!!!! Aghhh I'm so excited!!! Thanks again for everyone helping me to have an amazing first veg! Now on to flowering!

yeah yeah

And Jondoejoandoe: U always sound like a raving lunatic. It's part of your charm :D
hahahaha!! yeah, hehee.. i'm often off my chops round here!! fully cogent, alert but not alarmed and simply smilin!! so, cheers bud! i shall meet u at the friendship corner!!

-hey nice. great job on your education, bud. gotta respect a man who knows how to throw himself into study, so the future b bright, eh?!

tee hee..... cheers all, jwastedj!!!!!1

hahahaha!! yeah, hehee.. i'm often off my chops round here!! fully cogent, alert but not alarmed and simply smilin!! so, cheers bud! i shall meet u at the friendship corner!!

-hey nice. great job on your education, bud. gotta respect a man who knows how to throw himself into study, so the future b bright, eh?!

tee hee..... cheers all, jwastedj!!!!!1

haha thank you mate!

sorry i deleted that long post, i actually made a more sophisticated post similar to the mysterious post i deleted haha, but oh well! now everyone thinks you're crazy! muhahahaha

how do you think these babies are gonna turn out with me switching to veg tonight! hahaha

it's a monster!!!!! AGHHHHH

Back