CBD MediHaze & CBD Critical Mass DWC LED

blackmesa

Let me start this off by saying that finding well documented and or completed grow journals are incredibly hard to seek out regarding the CBD Crew's genetics. This is my primary reason for doing this journal, secondly I would love to become a tester for any of the current or future releases of the CBD Crews line so I figured before asking I could perform an in depth journal including effect report & lab testing to also give some data to those who are interested in these wonderful high CBD strains.

Regardless of strain I seem to be averaging around .86 GPW and have a consistent and reliable process. With that said, any feedback or questions are more then welcome!

My Equipment

1 - 400 watt HPS (might supplement with led in flower stage)
1 - 12" Phresh Carbon filter (modified for sound and longer life)
2 - 5" table top clip fans
1 - custom made DWC System with 2 Grow sites and a nifty refilling port
1 - Set of Flora 3 part nutes
Ph Pen & PPM Pen
1 - Garden Hydro PH down

Strains

1 - CBD Crew Medihaze
1 - CBD Crew Critical Mass

My Veg Cycle

I veg under 200 Watts of 6500K CFL lights per 2 plants for around 2.5 - 3.5 weeks and always top 1 time then it's off to 12/12. I start seeds in a paper towel then once I have a 1" root, they are placed into a 2.5" Rockwool cube that is placed into a 3" netpot that's lined with hydroton pebbles.

Feeding Schedule

Keep in mind that the PPM numbers below don't include the starting tap water PPM! I use such low numbers because of the high PAR content from the LED lights, so this chart only works for LED's in general. PH is also anywhere from 5.5 to 6.5 and I purposely like to bounce all around in this range.

Week 1: day 1 to day 7 (25-50 ppm) achieved by weekly nute increase.

Week 2: day 8 to day 14 (60-75 ppm) achieved by weekly nute increase.

--Tank Change

Week 3: day 15 to day 22 (75-150 ppm) achieved by weekly nute increase. I usually start flowering from 2.5 weeks or at the end of the end of week 3, which ever gets me to 10" in height after a topping.

--Tank Change

Week 4: Start of flowering (still using Veg nutes): day 23 to day 30 (160-200 ppm) achieved by weekly nute increase.

--Tank Change

Week 5: flowering (transition to flower nutes) day 31 to day 37 (210-300 ppm) maintained.

Week 6 and on: Working my way to 350 ppm (+ 150ppm of my tap water) depending on nute demand with tank changes weekly. I never usually surpass 350 PPM and never up my PPM by more then 50 per 7 days.

I use a ppm nute calculator that accurately predicts ppm numbers in addition to my tap water so this should explain why my ppm numbers above seem on the low end, that and DWC in general requires less nutes because the method.

Last edited:
Awesome! Sounds like you will be a nice addition to the family here. Do you have any pictures you would care to share, since everyone knows we all love pictures :) if you want to see mine check out my weekly's chem 4 grow

Veg day 15

@weezy I will positively be including pics with each update and plan to update weekly. :)

The following attached pics show veg at day 12 for each plant and then again at day 15 which is current as of today. those days are from seed and Medihaze is to the left of the tub followed by Critical Mass on the right.

I had a bit of drop in temps here that is preventing the explosion of growth that happens around this time but looks like in a few days temps will be ideal!

Medihaze looks droopy in the latest pic but that is an illusion do to the camera angle other then that things are going smooth and wow at how indica the critical mass really is, very large leaves and super short growth.

Attachments

• 20140412_204520.jpg
    20140412_204520.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 16
  • 20140412_204530.jpg
    20140412_204530.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20140415_203745.jpg
    20140415_203745.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140415_203752.jpg
    20140415_203752.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 9
Quick little update followed by new pic's tomorrow. So I decided to switch light to my 400w HPS because I wanted to do a little 12/12 from seed experiment on the side because I have never done that before and predict the results may be pretty darn good considering I only usually veg 3 weeks anyway.

The CBD Crews are currently on day 4 of flower (or day 4 of 12/12). The Medihaze is a fast one and a bit stretchy in a good way, topping was a good call as every branch is growing equaly. I also have started LST'ing the Medihaze and have a good spread going.

The Critical Mass does not require or benefit from topping so in the future no topping for this one, it's a dense bushy ball and requires no LST yet but I may try to spread her out in the coming days.

The 12/12 from seed consists of 1 seed from a good 1984 bag seed, only 1 out of 8 attempts was successful in sprouting and I also have 2 Purple bud sprouts from Seedsman going.

Other then that the HPS is being ran at 75% or 300 watts and will be bumped as soon as I see fem signs. Nutes are at 275 ppm including tap ppm's and I may be more aggressive due to using HPS lighting now. I am also topping up nutes every 5 days to keep my levels consistent. Pic's here shortly.

Pics from day 5 of 12/12

Below is Medihaze, explosive growth now and LST daily.

Below is Critical Mass that is very stacked, this one didn't benefit from topping.

Below is a shot of both of my tubs, to the right is the 2 purple bud's and the 1984 bag seed. 12/12 from seed with these 3 are a new thing for me to try.

Growth is very noticeable daily now and the Medihaze looks to have lots of bud sites. Nutes are also being added every 2 days as the growth drops my ppms.

Thank you la resistance verte, CBD is just too beneficial to not include in strains anymore. I'm looking forward to what these CBD Crew genetics can deliver! :)

Day 10 of 12/12

Insane growth now with the CBD Critical Mass literately catching up with the MediHaze, Plant's are going through .75 gallons of water per day and using up nutes as fast as I add them.

I will be changing out the rez within the next day to get a fresh start for any nute imbalance that may be happening because I have been adding back missing PPM's.

This may be the fastest growth I have ever pulled off in a 5 day comparison, maybe due to low temps and larger light this early on.

Below is Medihaze in front and Critical Mass in the back:

you understand there will be a huge height disparity between the 2 correct?

the medi haze will stretch at least twice the size of your mass so top, bend, supercrop accordingly...

good luck!

I have just about every branch of Medihaze tied down twice to keep it level with the Critical so as long as I stay on top of that I shouldn't have an uneven canopy.

My job would have been slightly easier if I didn't top the mass but things seem to be under control at the moment.

Great!

remember though that the stretch will happen in the 2-4 weeks of flowering, and theyll stretch alot, so what looks like an even canopy in veg may not like the same in flowering.

Either way, you seem to have a handle on things so Im sure youll figure out whats best for your situation with ease....

excited to watch em grow, good luck!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the wish of luck :) I think my biggest stretcher was a very sativa dominant Blue cheese that took me by surprise other then that I had a purple widow that was a big challenge despite topping multiple times.

I could have sworn that the description for Medihaze stated that it didn't stretch that bad but every journal has said the opposite. I'll have to look into that one.

Day 22 of 12/12

As of today both plants remain level with an even canopy however the Medi haze is a super beast that I have had to massively spread out to keep things level. The Critical Mass is much further ahead in the flower transition as to be expected.

I am pledging to do all future pics in white light from this point on. Other changes that have been made is running a dehumidifier during lights off to stay around 45% humidity and am now running cooling during lights on. I may introduce a 125w led light as supplemental lighting in the next week or two to help with coverage.

Another interesting fact is how similar the leaves look on these two strains, they look near identical except there is a massive difference in grow structure. I feel I could do 2 medihaze tops in the future but perhaps 4 Critical mass.

Day 30 of 12/12

Day 30 of flower update, Things are looking nice but I do have some questions. For starters my CBD Critical Mass looks more sativa then the Medihaze but the flowering is much further ahead then the Medihaze, are skinny sativa leaves normal for the CM? I also started adding supplemental led lighting in from the side to up the resin production and since I'm dusting a few lower branches with some pollen from a 1984 bag seed male.

The Medihaze flowers are half to 1/3 the size of the Critical but this is to be expected due to the flowering length of each strain. The critical has a nice citrus smell and the Medihaze isn't producing resin yet so not much to smell yet from her.

Below is both plants, Critical on left, Medihaze on right:

Below is Critical Mass:

Below is Medihaze:

If it wasn't for how the plants are growing I would say I got an Indica Pheno Medihaze and a Sativa pheno Critical Mass. :p

Day 41 of 12/12

Here is the update from day 41 (few days ago). Both plants are taking on weight and you can really notice a difference every other day. Both are packing on the frost with CM now smelling like sweet nectar honey and MH smelling like Lemon minty pine, very nice smells.

Nutes are at 500 PPM total "including tap" and i'm letting them dwindle down without re upping because the rez is being changed every 7 days now. Everything is running smooth.

Pic's of both CM and MH:

CBD Critical Mass:

CM X 1984 dusted branch:

CBD Medihaze:

MediHaze sounds incredible @ 80% Sativa

Hi there blackmesa:) Thanks for doing this thread on MediHaze I have five myself.:)

This plant got my attn from the breeding SSH x NH sounds amazing and are surely the best plants available for this cross.

I will tag along.;)

resinbud

Thank you and I hope it can be of use to anyone interested in CBD strains. There is a lack of journals in relation to CBD Crew strains in general so I wanted to contribute the best I can.

So do you currently have 5 going or have you grown them before? They smell so much like minty lemons...love the smell. Funny how the CM leaves look nearly pure sativa but yet isn't as stretchy and has a more indica bud structure.

Should also mention that I forgot to include a pic of the Medihaze branch that's been dusted with pollen from a 1984 bag seed. will include that next update, should be an interesting combination.

Thanks for checking out the journal! :)

Great Job !

I have five beautiful girls, I mean BEAUTIFUL, and all appear stable like an ibl.
The smells I am experiencing are as you say and three of them are really smelly one for sure gets my attn.:p.

Your contribution here makes this site the best in the World.

peace,

resinbud ;)

From Day 51

The Critical Mass is looking like it will be dwarfed by the Medihaze as far as yield is concerned, the MH has 12 strong tops going compared to CM's 4 tops. The extreme yield from the MH was totally unexpected and i'm looking for information if this is common or I have a monster. I expected CM to be the yielder. :p

Both CM & MH

CBD Critical Mass

CBD Medihaze

Back