CBD crew - CBD SKUNK HAZE

Snomystic

G'day, I have a cut of CBD Skunk Haze, acquired from Delta 9 in Canada. Its one of my favorite plants and smells absolutely amazing in flower. The CBD : THC ratio is always around 2:1 in my growing conditions and even though the CBD/THC assay is low it has a really nice effect. I'm keen to preserve these genetics in seed form but despite multiple attempts I using different doses of silver thiosulphate I'm yet to get a single seed. I can get a full reversal with plenty of male flowers formed but they don't produce viable pollen. I have heard that this is typical of some Haze types, is this correct?. I would greatly appreciate any insights or tips on how to go about getting this to work - I'm worried that I will loose my favorite clone and never be able to get it back again. Cheers Snomystic.

You could hunt for males in the line and do open pollination of even 1:1 mating or if you find a new female that resembles your current female you could try to reverse that one to pollinate your current female.

Even other strains can be used if you breed them back for several generations to your keeper, evey step does involve prodigy testing to see if you made the right choice.

you can find very usefull info here if you search.

G'day, I have a cut of CBD Skunk Haze, acquired from Delta 9 in Canada. Its one of my favorite plants and smells absolutely amazing in flower. The CBD : THC ratio is always around 2:1 in my growing conditions and even though the CBD/THC assay is low it has a really nice effect. I'm keen to preserve these genetics in seed form but despite multiple attempts I using different doses of silver thiosulphate I'm yet to get a single seed. I can get a full reversal with plenty of male flowers formed but they don't produce viable pollen. I have heard that this is typical of some Haze types, is this correct?. I would greatly appreciate any insights or tips on how to go about getting this to work - I'm worried that I will loose my favorite clone and never be able to get it back again. Cheers Snomystic.

Hi! Here's the STS mix ratio that I use:

And some directions I've lifted from Khalifa Genetics site:

How and When To Apply STS?​

Knowing how and when to apply your STS spray solution is just as important, if not more important than knowing how to make STS.
Spray on the nodes and bud sites, not on the leaves.
Spraying on the leaves is useless and is more likely to burn the plants. It will not prevent the reversal but it will cause you to waste a lot of spray solution and time.
The first application should occur when the plants are still in their vegetative cycle. Spray your females 1 day before flipping them to flower. Reversed females take longer to start producing pollen than regular males. Therefore, flip the donor plants about 1 to 3 weeks before flipping the receiver plants to flower. This will help ensure that you don’t miss the optimal pollination window.
Then, spray every 4 days until you see the first male flowers forming. Pure Sativas require 1 application every 3 days whereas you can spray the Indicas just once every 5 days.
Not all strains respond to STS the same way. Some may produce empty pollen sacks. That is why it is highly recommended to spray several female plants in order to increase the odds.

Good luck!

Back