Can't believe I just did that...

BIZ112

Man, I had this big old mango haze praise thread started and somehow I clicked on something that made the post disappear. A prime example of what happens when you try to smoke haze and post. lol
So, here's the Reader's Digest condensed version.
Germed 10. Got 6 girls. Started flowering on New Years Day. First one finished on 3/17 and the last got chopped last night.
Height: 2 1/2 ft to 5 ft under 600 watt hps in dirt
Fourth mango haze run.

Problems: BIZ always ends up with too large of plants in too small containers. Races every time to get plants finished before they get completely root bound. (5 ft plant in 2 gallon smart pot is definitely NOT ideal. lol) I do know better. :rolleyes:
Plants are unruly to grow, but oh so worth it.

Pluses: Taste? Incredible, but hard to put a finger on the flavor. It begs to be sampled over and over, however, one too many will bring on "the haze".
Buzz? Wow is all I can say. Been smoking for 35+ years and this is up there with the best.
Thanks MNS for providing such a fine strain!
And thanks friends, for stopping by and taking a look.
Here's a couple pics. First two are of early tops and the last is the top from last night's chop (it's more done than it looks). Sorry about the crappy pics, but hope you like them anyway.
All the best,
BIZ

Attachments

• DCP_1235.JPG
    DCP_1235.JPG
    644.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DCP_1236.JPG
    DCP_1236.JPG
    560.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DCP_1237.JPG
    DCP_1237.JPG
    668.7 KB · Views: 86
Ya mon! Lookin good.
Can't wait to put some Nice stuff in the soil. Any day now. :)

Did you flower from seed? Or did you veg them a little bit before flowering? I'm about to start mine, seeds just cracked. I am going to try my luck with 4 seeds.

@ musashi
Who's that in your avatar?

And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw;
for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit,
and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being.
- Black Elk
Wichasha Wakan, Oglala Lakota

@M&C...
Be prepared for the possibility that these plants may triple in size during flowering. I let my last batch veg until they were 12"-18" tall, they ended up 4'-5' when finished. They were in 2 gallon smart pots and completely root bound by the time they were done. The longer flowering plants started to suffer during the last two weeks, due to the root issues. I'd recommend using more dirt than you think you need or start flowering sooner than you think you should or top a time or two. You can always tie down branches and tops if they start to get away from you. That's all I got for ya, bud. Good luck!

@musashi
Thank you. I kept thinking Crazy Horse for some reason. *smacks self in forehead*

And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw;
for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit,
and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being.
- Black Elk
Wichasha Wakan, Oglala Lakota

Howdy Musashi, I thought you came from the School of Two Swords, I didn't know you were also part in the Seven Rites of the Oglala Sioux? :D

The Sacred Pipe

Howdy Musashi, I thought you came from the School of Two Swords, I didn't know you were also part in the Seven Rites of the Oglala Sioux? :D

The Sacred Pipe

What is a warrior without wisdom? Who are THEY that inspire you and bring you to your higher self through their examples of word and deed? What can we do daily to heal ourselves and others? What do we need to learn/change/do so that our children may live?

Serious shit. We need real (peace) warriors with wisdom today not this cowardly shit; worldwide murdering of unarmed innocent human beings and being above the law. /r

Okay back to the thread...
Thanks for the info pH!

M

What is a warrior without wisdom? Who are THEY that inspire you and bring you to your higher self through their examples of word and deed? What can we do daily to heal ourselves and others? What do we need to learn/change/do so that our children may live?

Serious shit. We need real (peace) warriors with wisdom today not this cowardly shit; worldwide murdering of unarmed innocent human beings and being above the law. /r

Okay back to the thread...
Thanks for the info pH!

M

"All things, material and spiritual, originate from one source and are related as if they were one family. The past, present, and future are all contained in the life force. The universe emerged and developed from one source, and we evolved through the optimal process of unification and harmonization."
- O-Sensei

Attachments

• O'Sensei%20Muscles.jpg
    O'Sensei%20Muscles.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 7
  • o_sensei_flowers.jpg
    o_sensei_flowers.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for info. I've got 5 gal smart pots so they shouldn't get too root bound if I wait to transplant them till like a week or so before flowering them. But I just gotta wait to see if I got any females and then I'll take a few clones and flower them. I'll be low stress training them a bit as well.

HAA!!!!
Congratulate me, please. I was, only moments ago, able to successfully identify, control and stop an epileptic seizure by concentration (with the same brain that was trying to seize in the first place). Ah, paradoxes... I guess the main thing is we got the seizure monster put back in the closet with no damage done. *BIZ gives that monster "the finger" with an emphatic "shove it" gesture at the end.* Thanks for listening!

You know, this may be common knowledge, but since these hazes keep growing well into the flowering cycle, I kept using my veg formula nutes for first two weeks in flower this time around. My logic being they need a little more nitrogen to help with that later growth. I have 3 mango girls @ 6 weeks in and the leaves aren't prematurely yellowing like my last run. Something to think about, anyway. I'll let y'all know if it affects taste in a few weeks. (this is a dirt grow, btw)

I was gonna chime in philosophically, but that will probably end up being a post in itself, so I'll wait til tomorrow.

Thanks for info. I've got 5 gal smart pots so they shouldn't get too root bound if I wait to transplant them till like a week or so before flowering them. But I just gotta wait to see if I got any females and then I'll take a few clones and flower them. I'll be low stress training them a bit as well.

Good luck with your grow brother.

M

HAA!!!!
Congratulate me, please. I was, only moments ago, able to successfully identify, control and stop an epileptic seizure by concentration (with the same brain that was trying to seize in the first place). Ah, paradoxes... I guess the main thing is we got the seizure monster put back in the closet with no damage done. *BIZ gives that monster "the finger" with an emphatic "shove it" gesture at the end.* Thanks for listening!

Congratulations BIZ! I kinda know how you feel. It was quite a liberating day when I figured out that just a little smoke could stop my migraines from starting.

-pH

@ milkncereal
Cheerio, bro. Have a good grow. In the game of "Life", I hope these turn out to be your "Lucky Charms". Keep everything in "Chex" and the mangoes shouldn't play any "Trix" on you. Sorry, I couldn't resist, I got pretty "Crispix" a bit ago. Kinda "Fruit Loops", if you know what I mean. Hope you get a "Kix" out of all this nonsense. :D

@pH
Thanks for listening! Yeah, f*ck that monster. If it wasn't for the element of surprise, that bastard wouldn't stand a chance. Unfortunately, it's like trying to fight a ghost.
Then again.... there's lots of folks out there that are much worse off than me, so I can't really complain too much.

Now this is weird. I can see pH's attachments, but not the op's :confused:

I can't post pics anymore and I have problems logging in and out. What's going on with this site???

Don't know what happened to my original pics. Anyway, this is what BIZ has cookin' at his house...about a week or two from being done for these two.
Sorry about the 1990's camera. lol

Attachments

• DCP_1235.JPG
    DCP_1235.JPG
    644.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DCP_1237.JPG
    DCP_1237.JPG
    668.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DCP_1240.jpg
    DCP_1240.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 47
Hello again, mango fans. Was working on some other stuff ;) for the last couple of months so Miss Mango finally has room to go back into rotation. I re-vegged my favorite Mom from that last run and look! She gave me some nice (Hmm, Mr. Nice) little clones. They showed roots in 10 days and have been growing like weeds, so to speak, ever since.
Cheers,
BIZ

Attachments

• DCP_1245.jpg
    DCP_1245.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DCP_1246.JPG
    DCP_1246.JPG
    831.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi again
Mangoes in bondage.
These are going to be great fun to transplant. :rolleyes:
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DCP_1273.JPG
    DCP_1273.JPG
    806.5 KB · Views: 17
Hey Mr B!

Great to see the clones coming along? Do you use any mycorrhizae when you transplant? Mango is definitely one of my favs!

Back