Cannatrol Cure Cool System

Skuncle Lenny

'23, '24 COE Winner
Last month I received an unexpected 401k company match, despite retiring Oct 2024.
We all know what to do all know with found $, you go over the top 😂
I have a long history of inconsistent curing, being sidetracked by Mr. Nice and his lesser peers, always losing track and leaving out too long.
My most famous story goes way back to November 9, 2016, when the Golden Asshole somehow beat the Giant Turd and I got soooo stoned in shock disbelief that it resulted in a beautiful Power Plant from Dutch Passion turning to crunchy dust.
I’ve been following the rise of Cannatrol in the industry so thanks to my prior employer I’m diving in.
I have a 6 pack of ASH forthcoming and a few ZkittlezGlue to practice on beforehand.
Lets see if I get cured sticky icky buds 💨

Attachments

• IMG_2344.jpeg
    IMG_2344.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2346.jpeg
    IMG_2346.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2345.jpeg
    IMG_2345.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 8
The Cannatrol website describes the science better than I, other than an controlled dehumidifier in a mini fridge 😂
So,
1 plant: ZkittlezGlue, 143 days soak-harvest, flowered 10w.
1st step: Cut the 3.5’ tall and hung for 24 hrs and trimmed all fan leaves. I ran dehumidifier as it’s been raining here, so kept room at 60%.
2nd: I cut each branch and hung on a line for another 4 hours, just because I wanted to/buds are wet.
3rd: gave each bud a loose trim of the sugar leaves because I want all the terpenes I can get.
IMG_2379.jpeg
134g of wet bud.
IMG_2381.jpeg
6 trays are provided and I spaced out liberally as it could probably hold three or four times that. They claim 2 pounds, but from my initial experience the only way you’re doing that is having 2 pounds of 🫏 dicks…

IMG_2387.jpeg
The only thing I needed to do was use the provided stylist to press the start button and the system is pre-programmed with their recommended settings.
IMG_2388.jpeg
Naturally, at the start of the dry cycle, moisture is being removed so they provide a drip tray to catch it, which needs to be monitored for the need to empty and put back. Also need their provided sponge after 1st 24 hrs to keep system stabilized.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Had the foresight 💥 to weigh totally wet, which came to 134 g. Based on the size of the plant, my official Skuncle Lenny guesstimate is dry way of 56g. Glad I get to practice on a random hybrid before I commence the harvest of the half dozen ASH plants I have going.
The only little challenge/difference that I see so far is that you have to coordinate harvest since you can’t put wet and with drying. They will be an 8 to 10 day cycle.. But I’m flexible 🤸‍♂️
One thing I do need is some Mr. Nice swag/stickers to add to the cigar humidor you can see in the background which has such from lesser peers.
May the 💨 🐝 with U

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Seems on the surface like an ultimate hash prepping machine.

I will have to check that website out when I'm more actually rested. There are shades of grey, when it comes to cognition and function.

Congratulations on your windfall by the way. I hope that it, and your new toy/tool, bring you some modicum of lasting satisfaction. Its nice when surprises are actually... you know... good.

Its like when a clerk complains that their day hasn't been exciting. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking, "you know, a guy, with a ski mask and a .25 automatic can be pretty exciting..." So like I said, its nice when surprising is a good thing.

Keep us updated, and again, congrats.

1717186065898.pngOK, after 36 hrs cut and hung, then 2-4 day cycles(see above earlier photo), I just emptied, jarred and sampled.
* Cannatrol advice is ready at this point though they state further curing is beneficial *
1) Buds are more moist and less crisp that my usual dry/cure, though very nice.
2) Aroma is light, though sweet.
3) Bong hit is very smooth and tasty.
4) Result is 💥 🤤 WOW. *** I’ve been 💨 all day MHI, NHM, The Doors and some dispensary weed👎 and 1 hit of this ZkittlezGlue dry/cured for 9 days Mike Tyson 🥊 me into the couch to chill.
Dry result=26g Top Shelf, 26g Mid and 14g for edibles. 66g dry total down from 134g wet, just over 50% loss.
Mason jar humidity readers saying 67-68%, though Cannatrol technology and science is based on dew point.
🤔
Is my customary 62% and boveda packs for long term, too dry??? I didn’t think so as I have 6 months to 18 months of cured w/62% packs and feel it’s 😋
Guinea pig 🐹 time as it’s up to me, so gonna let it cure in the jars with humidity readers and test periodically and go from there.
Interested in trying another hit to see if it 🥊 again.
Running next cycle of 2 more ZkittlezGlue harvested to be ready/this point next weekend.

Ease of use and ability to cure while away for 4 days is definitely a BIG +.
Sponge is lasting 4-5 days and reservoir collects 1/4 full at most.
The last 2 ZkittlezGlue cured very well.
Solid firm buds. Little crunchy, yet properly firm with nice terpene smell, when squeezed.
Little smell when jar is opened, but excellent aromas when squeezed, broken up and smoked.
Sweet tasting with a punch.

I'm doing a "side-by-side" dry/cure with my 1st ASH plant. Hung to dry for 7 days with all leaves left on, and with little control over the humidity & temps while I was away for 4 days. Trimmed and A lot of dry/burping since due to fluctuating humidity and small dehumidifier and A LOT more monitoring than The Machine(but expected).

Have a Sherbert & ASH2 curing in The Machine, to finish Tuesday night, to be followed by ASH3 & 4.
Initial impressions continue.
Smoke well my Friends.
☮️

View attachment 86780OK, after 36 hrs cut and hung, then 2-4 day cycles(see above earlier photo), I just emptied, jarred and sampled.
* Cannatrol advice is ready at this point though they state further curing is beneficial *
1) Buds are more moist and less crisp that my usual dry/cure, though very nice.
2) Aroma is light, though sweet.
3) Bong hit is very smooth and tasty.
4) Result is 💥 🤤 WOW. *** I’ve been 💨 all day MHI, NHM, The Doors and some dispensary weed👎 and 1 hit of this ZkittlezGlue dry/cured for 9 days Mike Tyson 🥊 me into the couch to chill.
Dry result=26g Top Shelf, 26g Mid and 14g for edibles. 66g dry total down from 134g wet, just over 50% loss.
Mason jar humidity readers saying 67-68%, though Cannatrol technology and science is based on dew point.
🤔
Is my customary 62% and boveda packs for long term, too dry??? I didn’t think so as I have 6 months to 18 months of cured w/62% packs and feel it’s 😋
Guinea pig 🐹 time as it’s up to me, so gonna let it cure in the jars with humidity readers and test periodically and go from there.
Interested in trying another hit to see if it 🥊 again.
Running next cycle of 2 more ZkittlezGlue harvested to be ready/this point next weekend.
ounds like you've had quite the journey with this batch! The Cannatrol process seems to be working well. Your results are impressive—especially that one-hit wonder effect! Maybe the 67-68% humidity is just right for this strain. Testing over time sounds like a solid plan. Keep us posted on the next cycle and how the curing in jars goes. Happy testing! 🐹🌿💨

I have a good test for the system since I just harvested 6 plants of varying density, stickiness and size. 2 critical skunk, 3 grape kush and one NL5.
IMG_3798.jpeg
image.jpg

image.jpg
I’m not saying that the Cannatrol curing system has buds perfectly cured in eight days, as I still cure them further in jars. What it does is perfectly dry and start to cure in 8 days. What would take me 3+ weeks in a perfect environment, which is seldom during this time of year, especially when curing big buds like these, so I’m looking forward to the end result.
Definite increased terpene expression than when I cure by hand.
The analogy I’ve been telling people is similar to the complexity, depth and length of taste between a $10 bottle of wine and a $50 bottle of wine. 🍷
🤙

I have a good test for the system since I just harvested 6 plants of varying density, stickiness and size. 2 critical skunk, 3 grape kush and one NL5.
View attachment 90842
View attachment 90843

View attachment 90844
I’m not saying that the Cannatrol curing system has buds perfectly cured in eight days, as I still cure them further in jars. What it does is perfectly dry and start to cure in 8 days. What would take me 3+ weeks in a perfect environment, which is seldom during this time of year, especially when curing big buds like these, so I’m looking forward to the end result.
Definite increased terpene expression than when I cure by hand.
The analogy I’ve been telling people is similar to the complexity, depth and length of taste between a $10 bottle of wine and a $50 bottle of wine. 🍷
🤙
I have to say Skuncle, I have had absolutely no interest in buying one of these units, until I read this thread. The final line at the bottom is tempting as hell.

If only they were slightly cheaper.

Have you tried drying two batches of the same plant yet, one in the cannatrol and one by hand?

I have to say Skuncle, I have had absolutely no interest in buying one of these units, until I read this thread. The final line at the bottom is tempting as hell.

If only they were slightly cheaper.

Have you tried drying two batches of the same plant yet, one in the cannatrol and one by hand?
Yes I have compared my way vs Cannatrol for 3 different runs. Zkittlezglue, ASH & Critical Skunk:
6-9 days hanging to dry v. 5(1 day hang + 4 day Canna dry)
7-21 days burping jars to reaching initial cure n smoke test v. 4.
Daily challenge of trying to control heat and humidity versus wet a sponge once.
I think I’m pretty darn good at curing weed, as I have some from 2022 and 23 that is still fantastic, but it’s the inconsistency of myself and the environment, and lucky company bonus, to go this route and I like it👍

Back