Can someone confirm this or am I wrong in my thinking?

TGTDE

2022 COE Winner
Having trouble confirming my suspicions so I’m bringing it here for some much appreciated opinions / help.

Are feminized seeds more likely to grow up to be similar in qualities to its mother than regular seeds? (I realize they won’t grow to be the exact same like a clone does.)

Why I’m wondering is: If I went on a large pheno hunt and found a prized (for example) Mango Haze that I fall In love with and want to preserve. (For the purposes of this example let’s pretend this phenotype that’s found only shows up in 1 out of 100 mango haze plants grown from regular mango haze seeds.) If you were to then use two clones of this 1/100 pheno to make feminized seeds would this phenotype be easier to find in the resulting feminized seeds so that if I ever had to stop growing or my mother plants got infected, ruined in a fire, stolen, etc the seeds could be a form of insurance policy? I realize they won’t, or may not be identical to the mother but would maybe 3/10 look and smoke very similar to her? Instead of having to try and refind the originally very rare 1/100 phenotype?

Any input is appreciated

That's the entire draw to feminized seeds. Taking the prized selection/pheno of a cross, having it cross to itself and sell away.

Definitely a better back up plan than nothing. What I've seen so far from the gear here though, every one out of three or four females have been something special I'd definitely run again. Good luck in your search.

That's the entire draw to feminized seeds. Taking the prized selection/pheno of a cross, having it cross to itself and sell away.

Definitely a better back up plan than nothing. What I've seen so far from the gear here though, every one out of three or four females have been something special I'd definitely run again. Good luck in your search.
I was hoping that was the case with the 1/4 MNS comment. So from a pack of 15-18 you're very likely to get something awesome?

Last edited:
Having trouble confirming my suspicions so I’m bringing it here for some much appreciated opinions / help.

Are feminized seeds more likely to grow up to be similar in qualities to its mother than regular seeds? (I realize they won’t grow to be the exact same like a clone does.)

Why I’m wondering is: If I went on a large pheno hunt and found a prized (for example) Mango Haze that I fall In love with and want to preserve. (For the purposes of this example let’s pretend this phenotype that’s found only shows up in 1 out of 100 mango haze plants grown from regular mango haze seeds.) If you were to then use two clones of this 1/100 pheno to make feminized seeds would this phenotype be easier to find in the resulting feminized seeds so that if I ever had to stop growing or my mother plants got infected, ruined in a fire, stolen, etc the seeds could be a form of insurance policy? I realize they won’t, or may not be identical to the mother but would maybe 3/10 look and smoke very similar to her? Instead of having to try and refind the originally very rare 1/100 phenotype?

Any input is appreciated
I would say yes , however imo it would depend on how stable the strain is for the characteristics you search for.

The only bad part about the gear here is it really makes you wonder how the rest of these companies do their fem selections.

In one pack you can find phenotypes at opposite ends of the spectrum that are both top notch & equally amazing.

Even the off phenos are like something from dinafem.

ita bSIClly like buying seed and making amore seed w/ a male from the progeny, but with less phenotypews. its all the henotypes that the mom has in her code mixed with her own code could make.

So you would have less pheno variations if the mother is homozygous for selected traits.
thats what I took away from how it is explained. for example, if I were to make an S1 of MAC 1 Caps Cut, it should make a bunch of weird grandparent phenotypes because its a polyhybrid as that is what most peopel who make it produce. if I were to take the pack of 88g13hp I have, s1, considering it is an f10 already, is gonna give out like 4 grandparent phenotypes, which wil all be 88g13hp the squat mildly stinking, the squat stinking, the one the stretches a little and stinks, and the one that stretches a little and has moderate stink.

thats what I took away from how it is explained. for example, if I were to make an S1 of MAC 1 Caps Cut, it should make a bunch of weird grandparent phenotypes because its a polyhybrid as that is what most peopel who make it produce. if I were to take the pack of 88g13hp I have, s1, considering it is an f10 already, is gonna give out like 4 grandparent phenotypes, which wil all be 88g13hp the squat mildly stinking, the squat stinking, the one the stretches a little and stinks, and the one that stretches a little and has moderate stink.
Yup very good example

Yup very good example
thank you!
I would guess, and this isnt even an educated guess; that if you were to Feminize your best, MH, it would make something "like" the MH IBL Shanti made, but selected towards your preference, from a smaller pool, than Shanti's non feminized version. you would also catch much hate from traditionalists, who feel that the lack of the larger male genome makes feminized seed lesser, I have no opinion on tis as I have grown enough regular seed to grow some midsy mids next to a kushy kush from the same pack to know amount of info doesn't matter, quality of info is. but remember, I am far from an expert, I have never made feminized seed, I have only purposefully made seed twice. I am just stating what I feel is an obvious best possible result of your plan.
at worst you make something that expresses from SSH to MH to Haze AC(from what I understand atleast these 3 have are from the same parent stock, I may be wrong in how I understood what I read), with literally every possible growth pattern between NL and the haziest of Haze. and every seed effectively being its own phenotype, and the potency varies wildly between each seed plant, regardless of phenotype.

hope for the best, plan for the worst. that way, when it comes out somewhere in between, you are not disappointed.

But I do think That you will make something worth smoking and growing if the parent you choose passes its own traits well. but isnt that the fun part? seeing if we ade good choices w/ the next generation of seed?

Any input is appreciated
The offspring/progeny will show both parents in the seed
the dominant parent will add a bit more to the progeny overall
Some will be a blend.
Example;
N/H x M(ibl). M would be mosltly dominant with N and H contribution some what less.
15%\15% x 60% example only...
10% a blend of all three, wild cards?
I just burned one so...🤔

Back