C99

for either 8 or 9 years(?) running cindy has been in my outdoor garden. last year i only had two gals and alas, neither made it after a visit from animals. in recent history, i have been a joeyweed fan but those days are over so i am on the hunt and my biggest fear is that she will not be the same c99 that i grew to love. strange things happen with plant genetics over time and they evolve into something different. peace-biteme

strange things happen with plant genetics over time and they evolve into something different. peace-biteme
Yeah, this is true to an extent mate, but I think that Cindy has somehow managed to be pretty solid.

My original Cindy F2s from FET were pretty damn good.
Their progeny at F3 was also very good and unmistakably Cindy.
The femaleseeds clone I had - well you could tell that there was something else in there - but, if anything, it was even more cerebral and motivating.
Out of 4 FETxfemaleseeds crosses 1 was like totally Cindy (in smoke as well as in growth habit) 2 others were a bit different in growth habit, but still 100% Cindy smoke, one a bit more para, the other really fun. Only 1 out of 4 was poor quality (weak).

My point is this:
If the breeder has bothered in the least with selection, it should be pretty good. I wouldn't expect every c99 plant to be perfect, but on average it shouldn't dissapoint.
Haven't heard much bad about Joey or Mosca, wouldn't mind trying them, though my plate is pretty full at the moment.

OT: BTW, Cindy also makes a terrific cross with the more "wild" sativas.

Check my c99 mum out here

for either 8 or 9 years(?) running cindy has been in my outdoor garden. last year i only had two gals and alas, neither made it after a visit from animals. in recent history, i have been a joeyweed fan but those days are over so i am on the hunt and my biggest fear is that she will not be the same c99 that i grew to love. strange things happen with plant genetics over time and they evolve into something different. peace-biteme

hi,
the GN's c99 offering is really similar to the joeyweeds stuff, but so exepnsive !! :rolleyes:
there is other F2 outhere for less than that, with a good pheno hunting i think you found a mother pretty similar as the jw ones.

1903539d1322141924-my-little-grow-thread-verticulture-002.jpg
c99 at seven weeks

This is just the sort of misinformation that makes this site a bore...
GM1 you have no idea what c99 or weather a ten year defunct seed co carries it... There are like three people here who try to answer everything but only prove they know little beyond there small mns scope...
I feel honored that shanti allows posting on other topics than his seeds. So please respect that by giving info that is accurate... Reccomend shark shock for c99???

Anyway that question about KOS c99 if you can get it DO IT!! I trust the rev at KOS to have real deal bros Grimm stock ... I grew a Joey weed f2 and loved it:)

Do brothers grimm still deal with c99? I also heard that it's not a massive yielder.

I personally wouldn't grow it and I'm pretty sure it's only in feminized form, although I could be wrong.

Nah, gimme my MNS shark shock any day of the week over this c99 strain.

GM1

Last edited:
C99 is a decent line but its not the end all of lines i use to chat with fet often and he him self told me its ok at best a well selected mango haze would make it look mid grade as would a good kali mist.

He told me not to even bother running it as what i was running was way better so that from the guy that sold lots of c99.

There are many great lines out there its a personal choice tho some love c99 others liked Apollo 11 better they were both fast you could fined 7 week plants thats why they were popular and they had a decent high to go with the speed of flower.

i have noted where c99 is touted as a 7 week plant, the words coming from the breeder's mouth, but as mr. joedank pointed out, a cindy that finishes in 49 days is an anomaly and the 60-65 day version is what most are looking for. i'm not sure a realistic comparison can be made between cindy and the haze varieties as it becomes and apples to oranges sort of thing? but if one is to believe the story of her origin then we are speaking of a jack herer pheno with some haze in her background. if one germinates enough seed then it is hard to say what will pop up?

cindy has become part of the menu for many outdoor gardeners not only due to her short flowering time but also for her overall quality. peace-biteme

C99 is a decent line but its not the end all of lines i use to chat with fet often and he him self told me its ok at best a well selected mango haze would make it look mid grade as would a good kali mist.

He told me not to even bother running it as what i was running was way better so that from the guy that sold lots of c99.

There are many great lines out there its a personal choice tho some love c99 others liked Apollo 11 better they were both fast you could fined 7 week plants thats why they were popular and they had a decent high to go with the speed of flower.

I wouldn't have thought of that C99 to Mango comparison, but that really seems a pretty sound argument to me....

Probably a fair trade off on the finish time though.

Postin this just for fun

I run a-13 and c-99 but the real bros Grimm star is Durban Thai flyer !!

To go off on a tangent it is my assertion that c-99 is not a jack h but a Durban cross ... Think on that for a Sec...!
I love the diversity that is found in a-13 c-99 and other bros Grimm stuff ... It is not just "like" my a-13 or c-99 my Durban looks like the missing link in mans history;)

I call no person a liar I am just saying after rocking Jack h seeds to death and SSH seeds I find nothing in the pool that is really pineapple or grapefruit... Many other fruits like mango orange and berry spice but NO pineapple.. Witch is the most apparent pheno in my packs;)
If you love c99 check out brother monks
1903528d1322141689-my-little-grow-thread-verticulture-055.jpg

have you ran the c99 from brother monk, joedank? i noted it is for sale at that site where he spends his time and i am curious. and as to the origins of c99, i know little other than what is common knowledge on the boards, soul's story.

how long have you had the a13? afaik, very few seeds of a13 were made available and she is even scarcer today. ime, you are the first to bring up the strain in many moons. what i have noted is that she seems more popular than the a11 among those who have grown both? peace-biteme

Bite me If your looking for Apollo 13 I believe subcool from tga has a backcross of it on his menu, supposedly makes red hash, if you look around I'm sure you'll find more info on it. Cheers.

i'm not sure if flt's c99 is the similar to any of the other versions available, but i was not impressed with how it smoked. (it smells and tastes great, but those aren't nearly as important to me.)
i don't really care for it as it gives me a headache when i come down.
it also makes me more paranoid than a schizophrenic.
when i smoke it i feel like everyone is conspiring against me, so needless to say i didn't keep a cut of it.
i did get about 100 or so seeds from her so i'll see how those go.

it also makes me more paranoid than a schizophrenic.
when i smoke it i feel like everyone is conspiring against me

damn

i love those highs

dont run from yourself ;) accept yourself ;)

It never ceases to amaze me that a strain like C99 is never fully appreciated until it's no longer available & then everyone goes mad for it ?? We all know it was always a cracking strain, loved for it's lovely high & short flowering.

Funny how people never appreciate what they have till it's gone.

amen bubbla however, i am one who has always loved cindy and made an effort to keep her close but then my source, joeyweed, decided to hang it up and i got caught with my pants down. but i am not that desperate yet and have some avenues to check out.

and briefly, mr. iwasshelby, i have tried many different tga hybs and for the most part i have been disappointed. those phenos that sub worked with were some of the finest to be found in canada and yet the hybs he developed were no where close to the parents in quality. only jack the ripper met my standards for potency. i don't get it? peace-biteme

damn

i love those highs

dont run from yourself ;) accept yourself ;)

I have a c99 x casey jones cut that i thought i was going to die after smoking.

very powerful and very paranoia inducing. Very hot in the chest and thought i may have a heart attack.

wonder if thats from the c99 side.

Either way, some of the best stuff ive got

edit: heres some pics of the sisters. got them as a freebie and they turned out to be some of the strongest shit ive grown in terms of high.
longhorn-albums-vertical-picture7412-011.jpg

longhorn-albums-vertical-picture7404-003.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, nice Female Seeds C99 grow Bumble. I found this thread doing a google search for Female Seeds C99 info. You have the best detail and pics of any FMS C99 grow on the web. Hats off to you they look and sound great.

Biteme- You say C99 has been a staple OD strain for you, what lat are you growing at and when do they typically finish up for you?

Is there any mods on this site? I can't believe they would let a nice thread go to hell with a bunch of ladies arguing like some teenage school girls for the last 4-5 pages.

I have a feeling the people that were actually contributing in this thread got turned off by these people and quit posting pics and info, what a buzz kill.

you can still run into some quibbling and arguing here at mns majestic, but it is not near as bad as it once was. the site does have mods now but they only do a fair job of trying to slow the bickering.

i live at 41n in the midwest, usa. when cindy would finish seemed to always be pheno dependent and in general, over about a one month time frame from the first week of september to the first week of october. those plants that finished later in the fall were always better than the early birds which could be flat in flavor and potency. peace-biteme

Thanks for the info!

I currently have 5 Female Seeds seedlings about a week or so above ground. Germinated 6 for 6 but one didn't make it up, I still have it in the cup but I doubt it will come up.

I kept the other 4 seeds to have fun with later. I'm looking for a keeper mother that does good inside and out. I've only had C99 crosses but never the real deal so I'm pretty excited. I'm really confident in these seeds from looking at Bumbles results and another guy's over at IC.

I'm a fan of feminized seeds so these are right up my alley.

your c-99s are above ground, majestic? do you live in the bottom half of the earth or by above ground do you mean they were planted in pots? and if you use the term 'fem seeds' in a favorable fashion around here you could be opening yourself up for one of those verbal spankings that will come flying out of the cheap seats. just ask our most recent c99 poster, mr. champa, who commented on an observation he had made and ended up the target of whole new verbal tirade. i know cindy would not approve and back on this subject, it seemed like those c-99s that finished later in the fall were most likely to be heavy on the sativa side and probably more paranoia inducing imo? do keep in mind that according to the story of her creators she is merely a jack herer pheno. peace-biteme

Back