C5 day 118.

As you probably know Nev gave some to friends here in Holland. Some of Nev's old friends are my friends going back 30 years. It is the same clone Sammy holds and was known as the mango C5.

From the horse’s mouth:

No.122, the one Shanti dubbed the Mango

Aspiring growers often came to see me and I regularly made them start with 5Hz seed. There are a few cuts around from those exploits, but they weren’t as good as 1 and 122. But almost.

Sammy says that Nevil confirmed on this board that he gave his breeding plants to peeps in Breda...

Can you link me the post where Nevil confirmed that?

Last edited:
I think I remember seeing a post were nevil was asked about the a5 cutting being given out. Im sure he did write down that it had been to a small numbers, but that he had been using 2 different a5 cuttings and he couldn't remember which was given out were. Also nevil mentioned about their being no skunk haze a cutting passed here so skunk haze a being the father of the original mango haze is wrong and the father supposed to be the same one used as ssh.
I also think ive seen a passage were sammy asks nevil about some labels. Nevil responded I think saying "if they came from j (not sure he said in what form) then there was cg13, ag13, and others. I will have a look to see if I can find the info.

I never heard Nevil using the C5 / A5 terminology for his plants.

What the peeps in Breda have are at best well selected F1...

Maybe you can ask Sammy the link?

I would only know the information nevil wrote down. Ive never smoked these breda cuttings so I wouldn't know. From all the cuttings ive seen going around Jahnovas c5 looks most familiar. But with time memories sometimes arnt as reliable, and different grow conditions and the age of cuttings can make them seem not so familiar. Its hard to tell accurately from pictures. Your right though only nevil would have known and been the only one to confirm things.
Ps I think what people call c5 nevils code for it was 5c rather than the other way round most people use.

Last edited:
I would only know the information nevil wrote down. Ive never smoked these breda cuttings so I wouldn't know. From all the cuttings ive seen going around Jahnovas c5 looks most familiar. But with time memories sometimes arnt as reliable, and different grow conditions and the age of cuttings can make them seem not so familiar. Its hard to tell accurately from pictures. Your right though only nevil would have known and been the only one to confirm things.
I can drop some off at Jason's for SB when he gets to the Dam, i'm pretty sure he can tell.

I can drop some off at Jason's for SB when he gets to the Dam, i'm pretty sure he can tell.
Hey Jahnova, I suppose that would be up to you. Personally I don't think you need to vairyfy anything to anyone. You've already said you don't really breed, your not trying to make money or fame, and you grow this cutting cuz it has a special place in your heart, because you love it and that is the only thing that really maters.

You've already said you don't really breed, your not trying to make money or fame, and you grow this cutting cuz it has a special place in your heart, because you love it and that is the only thing that really maters.
That is correct. The cut is not for sale, neither is my herb. I'm not here for the fame, been there done that. I just came here to research some strains and share some of my knowledge about growing these 50% Hazes because thats what i did for more than half my life. Thank you for your uplifting words.

I would only know the information nevil wrote down. Ive never smoked these breda cuttings so I wouldn't know
In the early 90's real Haze was super rare, even in Holland. Everyone and his momma went to that same shop if you wanted some of Nev's goodies. It was the only shop ever to list at least 6 of Nev's Haze hybrids on their menu at any given moment. And yes, also unreleased stuff. Breda was Haze capital in those days.

No matter what it is, its still a beautiful well selected c5 cutting. Held with love and dedication by Jahnova for a long long time. From pictures I think it looks like the same cutting OJD got from uk growers who say it was sourced in cutting form from nevil during seedbank days. If it is the same cutting it would/could be one that predates the mango haze mom but from same stock. Looks lovely anyway and well done Jahnova for managing to keep it safe and what looks like very very healthy too. Hopefully you will enjoy it for many many more years to come.
I hate to start trouble ( as im known for that these days 😂 but i find it hard not to speak my mind) but what was sold in dampkring as C5 is defo not the famous C5 that was grown and sold in dam by Nevil after he moved to dam away from breda crew.
This cut im talking about was similar but without that amo twang ( not saying its amo) but there is this similar thing i dont like on the amo thats on this so called other c5, i call it bleach , you find it on Amnesia and other SSH cuts.
Its a hard story to unravel for sure but what ive thought/worked out ( only my opinion from working with Haze for 20 plus years) is either the cut Nevil worked with in dam and was sold all over until he lef around 2001-2 and then the bud disapeared was either C5 x skunk 1 an older selection ( which Nevil was known to have either selected when he moved to dam as he mainly used that or the C5( C5 or C5 sk1) and Nevil Haze for flowers not the other cuts Ag13, HpH etc or its the real C5 , either way this other C5 that goes around now and buds sold in dampkring are either not the famous cut Nevil produced buds for in dam or a different selection.

My SSSDH cut is much closer to what i remember to the workhorse Haze cut Nevil used to flood amsterdam with over the years , that lovely citrus/pine side of Haze but without that sweet bleachy thing thats in this c5 sold in dam and you find in the best am cuts and the 2nd grade SSH cuts that float around europe.

Another thing that led me to this conclusion is the famous G13 Haze Male soma had/found from seed , i did alot of work with that cut and made 100,000's seeds and many combos and the C Haze phenos are similar to the C5 workhorse i talk about that buds was sold all over dam( vended under several names) after leaving greenhouse and sold to greenhouse and vended under different names there to and again none of this bleachy sweet thing in the G13 Haze combos so either the cut Nevil had that buds were sold all through late 90's , early 2000's was either the real C5 or C5 x Sk1 or the new cut is a different selection and or a differnt C5 or C5 x Sk1.

The SSH from yellow paper packets Mr Nice seeds throw out many keepers far better than these bleachy sweet amnesia and SSH phenos you see all over europe these days( i not tried the foil packs of SSH and still have 2 yellow packets in the seed vault waiting for thier time to shine)

Also for the record my Old Haze cut from London is gone , lost in a bust and nobody else has it anymore either, i only have seeds left in hybrid form( not for sale).
I hope to arrange a Haze cup next year and would like to see all these cuts entered and all the old school Haze players enter and even judge also.

These new Nevil selections i have are up there with the best Haze's ive ever seen , especialy the 2 Swiss Thai Nevil cuts and Nevil ( RIP) left the world with alot of new special Haze's to look/work through and im going carry on the work with this last project Nevil made and get those seeds and selections out to more people so they can taste and expirience Nevils last work as its as good as his other world famous Haze's.

Neville Schoenmakers , still the king after all these years , RIP

I cant because i'm quite new to this forum but i can confirm the guys from the Breda area held many of Nev's clones and were close to him.
The breda crew defo are the holders of the old cuts AG13 , HPH but never the C5 i thought or heard read ? , as i said in previous post it either a later selection from after he stopped working with the breda crew and moved to Amsterdam.

The breda crew defo are the holders of the old cuts AG13 , HPH but never the C5 i thought or heard read ? , as i said in previous post it either a later selection from after he stopped working with the breda crew and moved to Amsterdam.
I've grown this cut since the early 90's, long before Nev moved to Amsterdam so itis definitely not a later selection. They held much, much more cuts than just the HPH and AG13. This is not hearsay, i was there...

what was sold in dampkring as C5 is defo not the famous C5 that was grown and sold in dam by Nevil after he moved to dam
I dont sell or ever sold to Dampkring so i have no clue what they sell as C5 but this is not "bleach smelling" lol. Whenever you get to Holland hit me up and i will hook you up for free so you can check for yourself if this is the "bleach pheno" or not.

I've grown this cut since the early 90's, long before Nev moved to Amsterdam so itis definitely not a later selection. They held much, much more cuts than just the HPH and AG13. This is not hearsay, i was there...
Yes i dont doubt that you grown it since then , but you know when Nevil left the south for dam he started more seeds and had new selections that he worked with for the next decade plus

Back