Butta Radio

Wovoka brought the ghost dance. The wounded knee massacre occured on December 29th. On that day, we do a sweat lodge ceremony to commemorate that event.

yeah knew a little bit about that, my mother was kind of addicted to some native american histroy and childbooks. But wasnt in fact Wodziwob from the Nevada Paviotso Tribe the inventor of the ghost dance and Wovoka just catched the idea some years later and lets say refined it to reach a even greater mass?
At least thats how i learned it, 1. Ghostdance movement from early to late 1860s and first appearnce of the 2. Ghostdance Movement in the early 1889/1890?
The wounded knee massacre occured on December 29th. On that day, we do a sweat lodge ceremony to commemorate that event.
When the question is allowed are you Native American?

I am not but have followed NA ways for a number of years. A lot of Christian ideas pervade the NA "religion," the ghost dance is similar to the story of resurrection and the second coming. A coupla examples of "bullet proof" shirts (most in museums) and one with me on the Rez with a medicine man who made ghost dance shirts. Notice the cross symbolism.

IMG_1972.JPGIMG_1973.JPGIMG_1974.JPGIMG_1975.JPGIMG_1976.JPGIMG_1977.JPGIMG_1978.JPG
IMG_1927.JPG

A lot of Christian ideas pervade the NA "religion," the ghost dance is similar to the story of resurrection and the second coming
Yeah espically the ghostdances as far as i knew in the second period because Wovoka grew up from the age of 6 or 8 at an mormon farm and learned a lot about christianity? Also the ghostdance story includes the story about the deluge that drives away the bad from the plantes surface also popular story in more religions.
But can you draw some more parallels or advice some books ? Quite intrested in that.

In the end all is mixed up with regional cults and was included to christianity at least in europe. We today also celebrate gallic and germanic holidays and have some holy story for it.

Many Germans participated in our Sundance ceremony which again features a cross symbol. Lots of books out there. But probably start with, "Black Elk Speaks," "Ich rufe mein Volk (I Call My People)." Seven Arrows, Original Instructions, Neither Wolf Nor Dog were also popular reads.

Many Germans participated in our Sundance ceremony which again features a cross symbol.
Can i ask you where this ceremonys are held? Also remembers me of some story of my childbook that i never wont forget and also quite intresting that the labyrinth as holy art is used mostly all over the world. maybe you know the symbol as well mu? Thanks for sharing the book adivces i check if i get some in german or at least used ones.

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    7 KB · Views: 1
Back