Buds sweating after opening vacuum sealed jar

curious101

So I recently posted about long term storage but I had one issue

I had a few jars that were already vac sealed with a boost 62

Cracked it open and dropped the hygrometer in and it’s a steady 62% but the bud as it’s coming to room temp feels WET

It was a 20F temp fluctuation from cellar to upstairs

This happened when I opened a previous jar and thought it was just a bad seal or something

Last time I laid the jar out in panic before Checking RH and it super over dried

Any thoughts?

Maybe the cold temperature has made the boost not working efficiently

Or the temperature fluctuating is causing the issue

Seems the harder I try to store longer term the more mistakes I make

Drying by weight is possible to see how much water you have removed.

It's very easy to go to the jars too soon

I would check all the jars now.

Once the buds have sweated in the jars ie the water has been redistributed throughout the whole bud.

If you pull them out to dry a bit more check them regularly if there is a tendency to overdry.

Once the outside feels crispy again back into the jars then monitor, continue to burp as you do this.

If they don't go wet this time then all you need to do is burp the jar for a month or so.

Less and less as the time passes and your confidence that they are curing and not going moldy is satisfied.

Probably better to hang them on the stem a bit longer next time perhaps.

Last edited:
Drying by weight is possible to see how much water you have removed.

It's very easy to go to the jars too soon

I would check all the jars now.

Once the buds have sweated in the jars ie the water has been redistributed throughout the whole bud.

If you pull them out to dry a bit more check them regularly if there is a tendency to overdry.

Once the outside feels crispy again back into the jars then monitor, continue to burp as you do this.

If they don't go wet this time then all you need to do is burp the jar for a month or so.

Less and less as the time passes and your confidence that they are curing and not going moldy is satisfied.

Probably better to hang them on the stem a bit longer next time perhaps.
I was referring to jars that had properly dried and cured bud

It was dry and stabilized

Possible a condensation issue after opening up the jar.
It is better to let the jar come to room temp before opening it, otherwise you risk dew point condensation on your buds.
When you pull a can out of the fridge in summer heat you can see this proces in a more extreme form.

It is better to let the jar come to room temp before opening it, otherwise you risk dew point condensation on your buds.
When you pull a can out of the fridge in summer heat you can see this proces in a more extreme form.
jup that was my first thought did you take them out of the freezer ?

Sounds the most likely

I pulled my last jar out of basement and it’s at home resting at room temp

It’s the only explanation I can think of

Back