Broseidon's NL5xSks (2) - What y'all think?

Broseidon

This is a double post of sorts as I already posted it in Broseidon's Corner in the Indoor section.

But thought I add to the Strain Base and see what people here comment :D

Without further ado, here they are at ~42 days:

Stretchier pheno. Can't comment too much on it, looks solid all around. Putting on the weight.
She also has very purple leaf tips at some lower bud-sites. Not sure if due to deficiency or cold temps or what.

Shorter than the other, bulked up a bit more already and further ahead overall.
Can't comment much either but looks very solid all around.

Since I just updated on the MKS, here is my update on the 2 NLxSK:

I forgot which one is which after curing but they both came out quite similar in the end. Also during flower they seemed the most similar to each other from the 4 strains in that round.

Pheno A had a little more weight to it but developed less pronounced aromas/odors in the cure. Pheno B came through with potent and strong citrus aromas, somewhere in the direction of grapefruit, very pleasant and also surprising since it developed those aromas after quite a bit of cure and seemed rather bland, like Pheno A, beforehand. Pheno A has the same undertones of citrus but much less pronounced.

The effect of both is also quite similar. Both gave me the most couchlock and indica stone from the 4 strains but Pheno B also seemed a bit more potent than Pheno A.

Combined with the aroma, Pheno B was the clear winner and the jar is almost empty while Pheno A still has lots left.

Probably the clearest sign of which Pheno is a winner is what jar is empty first :D

Anyway, two satisfying plants with a solid couch lock. No holy grail or anything but very solid and in some aspects very pleasantly surprising plants (aroma).

Can recommend and would grow again.

Stay frosty Bros

noice bro! Pumped to hear it. I got this one in the queue but it's gonna be a little while..

This is a double post of sorts as I already posted it in Broseidon's Corner in the Indoor section.

But thought I add to the Strain Base and see what people here comment :D

Without further ado, here they are at ~42 days:

Shorter than the other, bulked up a bit more already and further ahead overall.
Can't comment much either but looks very solid all around.
Beautiful plants Broseidon! Just seen these. Did you keep any clones?

Unfortunately not Bro :(

Was my first "test round".
I did reveg the MKS keeper plant because it had these awesome aromas/terps but I couldn't get a clone to root.
Back then I was heavily fungus gnat infested and I believe that had something to do with me not getting any clones to root. Seedlings also had troubles around that time due to the gnats.
Have since successfully rooted clones without a hitch and have a copy of all my CM females on standby, awaiting my final judgement/selection.

Had to reset completely back then and decided to go with CM over NLxSkunk in my current pheno hunt but I have 30+ seeds in my stash for this strain and might revisit it eventually.

Unfortunately not Bro :(

Was my first "test round".
I did reveg the MKS keeper plant because it had these awesome aromas/terps but I couldn't get a clone to root.
Back then I was heavily fungus gnat infested and I believe that had something to do with me not getting any clones to root. Seedlings also had troubles around that time due to the gnats.
Have since successfully rooted clones without a hitch and have a copy of all my CM females on standby, awaiting my final judgement/selection.

Had to reset completely back then and decided to go with CM over NLxSkunk in my current pheno hunt but I have 30+ seeds in my stash for this strain and might revisit it eventually.

Dude, our first cloning experiences were also disastrous! We didn't heed the warnings of others (including you) on the forum but, in retrospect, timely and successful cloning is as important as any other aspect of a selection! I saw a film of Shanti's clone setup from a few years back and, it seems, even the masters wont get 100% success with cloning.

Fortunately, 3 runs of clones later (discarding the majority of cuts, which failed to root) we now have our potential keepers - in one state of vegetation or another. Some of them have insane vigor.
I understand CM is an excellent yielder. It was Health Robinson, and his superflous yielding CM plants, which inspired us to use vertical lighting.
We are pleased with the system so far. If only we can magically produce as much 5hz on a single plant as he did CM ;)

One thing that helped me with cloning success that might be interesting is using tops to clone.

I have the average 60-70% cloning success when taking "normal" cuts from further down the plant.

But I have had 100% cloning success before when using tops.

The tops take longer to root but seem to have a higher overall chance to develop into a successful clone.

I have confirmed that in my anecdotal setting twice now.

Tops take longer to root but have a much higher success rate overall.

So I now only top my vegglings when they are big enough that the top can be used as a clone and only take 1 clone per plant and have had 100% success twice now.

Probably won't take "non-top-clones" again until I selected a mom and clone her to fill in a flowering run.

To me the best cloning tip is to make everything as clean as possible.
That includes cleaning the pots and the medium with boiling water and putting the cloning bits in diluted chlorine or alcohool.

Back