Bringing back a strain

The Pacific G-13 was brought into the Cannabis world forums community by a lady who used the handle Pacific .
She had a pretty interesting story about it, I won't get into it😉
We got it sent into Australia for me to do some breeding projects with it for a US company I was working for at the time. I won't get into that either🤣
A bit of dodginess went on at the time as we had to get it sent to another member in Australia to get it to me after some failed attempts to get it to me.
We finally got it in to him , things went a bit strange.. but he finally got it to me .
Interestingly, it carried mites from Canada along for the ride. .. and infested his garden
A little bit of Karma maybe 😉
I done some work with it but CW and overgrow got busted and not long after so did the company I was breeding for.
It was passed around to a few people, notably Rodwal who was running MJ Oz at the time, he made a few hybrids
We believed it to be from Nevils G13 X NL#2 but who knows.
Rodwal had some NL#2 genetics and made a cross.
It wasn't that interesting .
He handed the clone out and gave up on it as he just didn't like it ..
It had absolutely no vigour, produced mass amounts of foliage.
I tried different techniques with growing it, any kind of defoliation just did not agree with it, affecting the already terrible yeilds.
Nice fat heads up top but basically nothing underneath.
If using chemical nutes it needed heavy flushing or it would just have a horrible flavour.
Organics improved on the flavour a bit.
Pacific crossed it with Shanties Black widow...if I remember correctly he requested she maybe not use the widow, but she did anyway.
Reefer man got hold of the hybrid I believe when it was at F3, don't quote me on that one, I'd have to check the old catalogue.. but I believe he sold F4,s .
That hybrid was pretty solid!
The Airbourne g-13 was the G-13 passed around before the Pacific cut, and was favoured by most as the better of the two.
It was believed to be the same clone by some. But was clearly not.
The Airbourne was believed to be a GxNL2 as well. Again who knows.
Some say the Pacific cut still floats around Australia. .I doubt this!
I couldn't imagine what condition it would be in now .
Slowest grower Ive ever come across!!
Not something one would want in their garden.
And with the MNS G-13 offerings available it's safe to say you would find something that kicks it's ass anyway.
Not sure what is referred to as the Pacific G-13 nowdays?
The Airbourne is still around in the states and is still used by different breeders.
I've got S1,s.. but why bother?
Anyway, off topic from the OP so I'll leave it there💚✌️💚

I am of the opinion that people lose clones because they don't keep it clean, and diseases get introduced over time. Some of the work being done in california w/ tissue culture and disease treating the elder lines brought in is awesome. but, I am not down to pay 10k for them to clean my plant. I currently don't think I have a plant that sick, or that valuable to me. I used to be terrible at rooting cuts. took me almost 6 years to figure out how to get 100% success each time. suppsedly Kevin Jodrey took in one of his oldest cuttings, and when it come back it was like the plant he grew 30 years ago according to him, full of vigor.

You can take an old sad and tired clone and revive it pretty easy. Save for virus, you cannot get rid of virus like mosaic in clones. TC has its own set of issues. In the case of monocots like bamboos, TC results in weaker clones. Divisions result in the best bamboo clones. I also worked with TC in cloning cymbidium orchids.

I would not believe much of what Kevin says any more. He seems to have sold out long since. As have most in the old Emerald Triangle in NorCal. I have met several growers here in Oregon that left Humboldt and Mendocino and they say that it has gotten pretty ugly growing down there in NorCal now. Both legal and black market.

Last edited:
Hi Big Sur, I think I remember you from CW back in the early 2000s?

I believe I somehow mislabeled a clone and ended up flowering the last original plant thinking I had a backup to take the next set of cuttings from. It was like one day it was this killer strain, then the next run it wasn't worth the effort. I'll be anxious to get my hands on the cutting again and see how it does. I did make some crossed with it back at that time. I crossed it with a Legends Ultimate Indica male and came up with a pretty nice copy of it, and a cross with an Apollo 11 male made some interesting samples. I'm going to make some S1s as soon as I get it back and see how that works out. Thanks for the info!!

CW? There are some others with the alias Big Sur on some other forums. I was not on any online forums regarding mj until after it was made legal in Oregon. Since then I have been booted off of most of these forums, as I am not a suck up to the likes of Dave Watson. Which is how I wound up here.

S1s can be restrictive and show recessive genetics. But in some cases you can get good results. Like ChemDog '91? (AKA ChemDawg now). One of the 11 seeds or so came out good. The rest were males or duds. He tossed the males, which was a HUGE mistake. But the ChemDog line stems from S1 seeds in otherwise sinsemilla bud from Colorado.

Last edited:
As for clones losing vigor *sigh*... what can I say. You can change the expressed phenotype or a plant pretty easy, but not the genotype. Sports and chimeras are possible, and sports have a different genetic makeup than the parent plant. However, sports are rare. In bamboos chimeras are common, and I have many chimeras in my bamboo nursery here. But the chimeras all have the same phenotypes and they can and do revert to the original genotypes or cycle through the same chimera phentypes. Clones can also get virus and degrade, and once plants get virus it is virtually impossible to eradicate. Even with TC. Virus is common in orchids, particularly cymbidium mosaic virus. Once an orchid gets that, you cannot get rid of it. The Japanese put virus in cymbidiums on purpose to get striped leaves. They liked the look. But those clones all have virus, which is undesirable for orchid breeders. So they are avoided. Similarly there are a lot of tulip bulbs that are intentionally bred with virus, and like in orchids, they give the tulips striped leaves and/or striped flowers. Whether the virus plants are good or bad depends on the virus and what people want.

But virus and sports/chimeras aside, clones of plants can go for centuries with virtually no genetic or phenotype changes. Take an apple tree here on my property for example. It is a clone of Gravenstein. It is one of the oldest recorded apple clone in existence. Most sources say that it originated in Denmark in the 17th century, but there are records dating it farther back to its possible origin being in northern Italy in the early 16th century. In any case it grows exactly the same here as it did back then in Denmark (we have similar weather in west Oregon as Denmark). It has been grafted for many centuries now with no degradation. Apples do not grow true from seed, like avocados and lots of other plants. Meaning that if you plant apple seeds from say, a Honeycrisp apple, you will not get any Honeycrisp apple trees. On average, you will only get one good apple tree out of 1,000 seedlings. With avocados, it is estimated that there are only one good tree resulting out of 10,000 seedlings planted. Hence in the world of apples and avocados, it is all about scions grafted onto a variety of root stock, or self rooted cuttings. But my point here is that plant clones can survive for many centuries, and virtually (as far as we know) forever.

Last edited:
Also the term "genetic drift" is throw around a lot, but that is not what is really happening in Cannabis clones or in sexed seedlings over the short term (less than decades). Clones do not typically asexually mutate or express any genetic variation in times of decades or even centuries. Yes, you may get a random odd sport. But the odds are very very low of that ever happening. You can also change the sexual phenotype expression in Cannabis using chemicals or extremes in environment. But that does not change the genetics of the cloned plant. Genetic mutations are also very rare, and take many generations and long periods of time to occur. What people claim as being "genetic drift" in sexual Cannabis reproduction is really gene switching. The genes are not mutating here. It is simply that some genes in the DNA switch on and off other genes in the DNA when exposed to variables in environment. This allows Cannabis (and humans, BTW) to adapt to new climates and environments very rapidly. This has been observed to happen in as little as 4 generations in Cannabis (dating back to 17th century New England in records of growing hemp). In humans it can happen in a single generation. For example, if your father or grandfather was subject to famine when they were growing up, you are likely to live longer than if they were always well fed.

And yes, you can use extremes to force genetic mutations. Like exposing seeds to Colchicine to produce genetic tetraploids. And they are doing all kinds of genetic witchery with GMO now to produce Cannabis plants that one has to wonder if they are even plants any more. Particularly in New Mexico, where Trait Bioscience has made lots of GMO Cannabis strains (Dave Watcon can scream all he wants that GMO in Cannabis does not exist). And I am not talking about the Cannabis strain "GMO" that is not really a GMO strain. Love it or hate it, bioengineering has come to the world of Cannabis. CanBreed also has extensively developed CRISPR technology applied to Cannabis (gene splicing or 'editing'). And new comanies like Demetrix and Amyris are actively working on producing any cannabinoid or terpeniod in bulk using yeast. So it is not just about growing Cannabis any more. It is the old process of fermenting yeast... with a new twist.

I would like to chime in here and inject a conspiracy theory. Do you know much of polyploidy? It happens naturally at times. Seedless watermelons double strawberries and mules. Ever have an awesome plant that you couldn’t get any seeds from? Some of the backbone strains of old could have been colchicine induced seeds. A lot of modern crops were beefed up this way. I’ve heard tale of old hippies that didn’t give an f doing this to seeds to create the ultimate sensi back in the day. But they did it in agriculture breeding programs before that to learn. In Hawaii, the botanical gardens are way hip to this. Highly poisonous to deal with. Wrecks your kids dna. Also makes sterile plants. Kind of like mules. Happens all the time in plants four leaf clover. It doubles the chromosomes somehow over generations making mutants until you can get something usable or smokable. Or a new strain. Imagine a dry desert highland plant meets a equatorial humid grower and you get ALL the best traits of BOTH varieties including potency, drought resistance, etc, if you can just pick the ONE out of thousands, or the best three. Enter NL1259 HazeABC in there. U have to make triploids and tetraploids in a big math deal while also choosing from what you get and wanted. The kids are nice but the folks are sweet -and deadly to smoke. Who smoked NL5? -Who is still around with no cancer? Maybe it was so awesome because it was melting the dna of your brain. The kids that show the dub trait. That’s the rare breeder. Then breed it. Find out. In nature the plants are in a big field doing this. The polyploids not dropping far from mom and turning off traits they don’t need fast. With modern science it’s easy to pinpoint some genetic markers. Or with your eyes. There’s hardcore genetic drift with the mutants. Younger dryas is a time of melting after the ice age a bunch of old species died off and new ones sprang up. Sativa Indica Rudy. Lions and tigers from sabertooths. Polar and grizz from cave bear. Is there a profusion of autumn crocus pollen alongside the younger dryas in the ice cores? It would be worth a look. A world event could have created a great flood or burn or both and what grew afterwards - a mutation causing plant ( autumn crocus) proliferating at a world event might cause a bunch of colchicine to infect the water supply... Now look at the Egyptian murals. Tall people under a weird flower then little people under them. Perhaps they had powers that have been suppressed over time. In modern humans like you said in plants. It may be as simple as both right and left brained working together. The rare polyploid of an ancient neandrathal could have become human or Bigfoot with a suppressed hormone that makes humans feel intense fear. Was it rare to find ruderalis? Lol oh the possibilities! Indeed I believe autism is a certain form of polyploidy in humans. You are the people I look to for gardening in the future as a savior for our kids world, where as scientists are just testing your badass methods we’ve used over generations. The polyploid plants may even be able to stabilize the unstable thc8 molecules or whatever they just invented for the ultimate medicine. All because you guys wanted to smoke the dank smoke thanks tho. Here’s one my buddy grew.54B3770A-EDF9-4930-B0EC-EB36D43F9FB6.jpegEE92EB38-77B7-4FA2-9F1E-1EFD86A58E18.jpeg

Hey Big Sur, regarding genetic drift..
Yes you are %100 correct, genetic drift is an incorrect term, and yes I shouldn't use the term as it is technically incorrect .
Single cell organism ..I don't really need to say more . Your well versed ..
Regarding loss of vigour, yes it does occur.
You basically just explained in more technical terms pretty much what I was saying.
I should explain exactly what I mean in more technical terms...but to tell you the truth I just can't find the words anymore and have lost alot of what I have retained over the years..
Some days are better than others😉
Your level of knowledge is amazing and I appreciate the information you share, while sometimes I do not agree, the majority of what you share seems on the money.
Thankyou for setting me straight...much appreciated 🙏💚

I would like to chime in here and inject a conspiracy theory. Do you know much of polyploidy? It happens naturally at times. Seedless watermelons double strawberries and mules. Ever have an awesome plant that you couldn’t get any seeds from? Some of the backbone strains of old could have been colchicine induced seeds. A lot of modern crops were beefed up this way. I’ve heard tale of old hippies that didn’t give an f doing this to seeds to create the ultimate sensi back in the day. But they did it in agriculture breeding programs before that to learn. In Hawaii, the botanical gardens are way hip to this. Highly poisonous to deal with. Wrecks your kids dna. Also makes sterile plants. Kind of like mules. Happens all the time in plants four leaf clover. It doubles the chromosomes somehow over generations making mutants until you can get something usable or smokable. Or a new strain. Imagine a dry desert highland plant meets a equatorial humid grower and you get ALL the best traits of BOTH varieties including potency, drought resistance, etc, if you can just pick the ONE out of thousands, or the best three. Enter NL1259 HazeABC in there. U have to make triploids and tetraploids in a big math deal while also choosing from what you get and wanted. The kids are nice but the folks are sweet -and deadly to smoke. Who smoked NL5? -Who is still around with no cancer? Maybe it was so awesome because it was melting the dna of your brain. The kids that show the dub trait. That’s the rare breeder. Then breed it. Find out. In nature the plants are in a big field doing this. The polyploids not dropping far from mom and turning off traits they don’t need fast. With modern science it’s easy to pinpoint some genetic markers. Or with your eyes. There’s hardcore genetic drift with the mutants. Younger dryas is a time of melting after the ice age a bunch of old species died off and new ones sprang up. Sativa Indica Rudy. Lions and tigers from sabertooths. Polar and grizz from cave bear. Is there a profusion of autumn crocus pollen alongside the younger dryas in the ice cores? It would be worth a look. A world event could have created a great flood or burn or both and what grew afterwards - a mutation causing plant ( autumn crocus) proliferating at a world event might cause a bunch of colchicine to infect the water supply... Now look at the Egyptian murals. Tall people under a weird flower then little people under them. Perhaps they had powers that have been suppressed over time. In modern humans like you said in plants. It may be as simple as both right and left brained working together. The rare polyploid of an ancient neandrathal could have become human or Bigfoot with a suppressed hormone that makes humans feel intense fear. Was it rare to find ruderalis? Lol oh the possibilities! Indeed I believe autism is a certain form of polyploidy in humans. You are the people I look to for gardening in the future as a savior for our kids world, where as scientists are just testing your badass methods we’ve used over generations. The polyploid plants may even be able to stabilize the unstable thc8 molecules or whatever they just invented for the ultimate medicine. All because you guys wanted to smoke the dank smoke thanks tho. Here’s one my buddy grew.View attachment 49687View attachment 49688
Interesting point of view
Personally myself regarding the picture posted.
I would say Fasciation...or commonly referred to as crestate growth. Occurs in many plant species.. and Cacti.
Very sort after by Cacti collectors...not so much in Cannabis ✌

Sensi - Bigsir always like reading your guys stuff. That was just a conspiracy theory but a fun one to discuss. Haha. I always like joking around with some cool people here.
I wish I had cactuses. Try spraying them with a little weed killer- if you dare haha. In Florida the best we got was littledickheads and purplewitcheshats in the patty fields. If you were into dodging redneck birdshot that is. I was fast back then. Haha!
Yes fasciation -probably caused by weed killer -is what I’d say to that pic as well. I wouldn’t try it on my cactus... It’s dna probably mutated because of it and stunted it’s growth. Happens a lot spraying dandelions. But what I’m saying is that the physical result of polyploidy looks something like that, a mutation- I’m not sure what theyd look like. But thats a changed plant. It was mutated -but not from from inception. I watched a corn video -you could see the effects on how they used colchicine treated corn and chose the plants with way bigger kernels out of thousands. It was easy to see in a field. Tested the intersestingest and biggest ones. Cant eat these. And then bred them to each other. The seeds were a whole new crop of offspring way bigger than parents or grandparents. Successive chosen generations slowly lost some of the craziness and polyploidy, but then adapted well over time becoming solid breeding stock for other varieties. Took the inedible polyploid parents and treated their kernels again. Chose again out of thousands. Can’t eat that one again. That plant can now breed with any other regular old badass plant and pass on the polyploidy to give some sterile triploid kernels. Sterile. Cant get any kernels. Bad for corn- but good for watermelons or anything else with pesky seeds. Like weed. No worries for a killer outdoor crop. Unless another triploid comes along- you might want that. But true sinsemilla. Jack Herer equation. Why didn’t the plants continue on in their badass form? Why are they only heard of in the days of yore? Well I’m sure the legal part didn’t help. I would try some Kerala x Afi. Maybe Swazi x Vietnamese. And Thai x Colombian. Skunks just badass Mexican skunk -the ( normal ) stabilized good part of the equation. Now you’re on you’re way to nl5 and hazeA. Shiva skunk. Now I’d like to take Shantibabas badass stabled up lines and backcross them to the original polyploids nl5 hazeA whatever. But maybe you want to introduce new unseen genetics like Malawi or Punto Rojo or something because then get the best of both worlds complimenting each other. I heard some awesome plants were made first introducing Rudy into the mix. Polly or something. Polyannaploid. Now there’s a conspiracy theory for the mr nice stoners to think about. Ha Cheers!

Always appreciate thinkings- outside of the box and knowledge in its true form. Thanks to all for keeping us stimulated.

🤙 Mu

Hey kryp, here is something that may interest you if you haven't already read it.
See what you think, would love to discuss your thoughts if your interested
✌️🙏💚

You can take an old sad and tired clone and revive it pretty easy. Save for virus, you cannot get rid of virus like mosaic in clones. TC has its own set of issues. In the case of monocots like bamboos, TC results in weaker clones. Divisions result in the best bamboo clones. I also worked with TC in cloning cymbidium orchids.

I would not believe much of what Kevin says any more. He seems to have sold out long since. As have most in the old Emerald Triangle in NorCal. I have met several growers here in Oregon that left Humboldt and Mendocino and they say that it has gotten pretty ugly growing down there in NorCal now. Both legal and black market.
The Phylos nonsnese is what it is. He may have lost his professional/business credibility w/ me but he has been at this for 30+ years and his plant knowledge still holds value IMO. Depending on the virus I do feel that a botanist w/ a degree in w/e the fuck plant medicine is called could remove quite a few virus from TC cloning and treating w/ anti virals, its like PM you can get clean clones once you suppress it out of spore stage. and take clones off of a few generations of "clean" clones while getting PM testing done. remember, not all virus or viroid codes in every single cell of the body. this is true for plant, animal, and fungal virus from what I understand. I know little of mosaic. When my neighboir got it, we literally burned down her whole garden w/ propane weed flame throwers, and let it sit fallow for a few years. all cuz one cucumber plant expressed mosaic symptoms. I assume it is a most hardy of virus that codes itself in the undifferentiating tissue.
Tell us more about sports and chimaeras please. i literally barely understand what a sport is. is it a clone that had genetic mutation/permanent switch to be different than the mom? or a plant that has bad traits but passes great traits. I've only really seen it used to reference g13 in cannabis. Are chimaeras plants that rotate through phenotypical expression while keeping the same genotype? if so that's fucking cool.
I would like to chime in here and inject a conspiracy theory. Do you know much of polyploidy? It happens naturally at times. Seedless watermelons double strawberries and mules. Ever have an awesome plant that you couldn’t get any seeds from? Some of the backbone strains of old could have been colchicine induced seeds. A lot of modern crops were beefed up this way. I’ve heard tale of old hippies that didn’t give an f doing this to seeds to create the ultimate sensi back in the day. But they did it in agriculture breeding programs before that to learn. In Hawaii, the botanical gardens are way hip to this. Highly poisonous to deal with. Wrecks your kids dna. Also makes sterile plants. Kind of like mules. Happens all the time in plants four leaf clover. It doubles the chromosomes somehow over generations making mutants until you can get something usable or smokable. Or a new strain. Imagine a dry desert highland plant meets a equatorial humid grower and you get ALL the best traits of BOTH varieties including potency, drought resistance, etc, if you can just pick the ONE out of thousands, or the best three. Enter NL1259 HazeABC in there. U have to make triploids and tetraploids in a big math deal while also choosing from what you get and wanted. The kids are nice but the folks are sweet -and deadly to smoke. Who smoked NL5? -Who is still around with no cancer? Maybe it was so awesome because it was melting the dna of your brain. The kids that show the dub trait. That’s the rare breeder. Then breed it. Find out. In nature the plants are in a big field doing this. The polyploids not dropping far from mom and turning off traits they don’t need fast. With modern science it’s easy to pinpoint some genetic markers. Or with your eyes. There’s hardcore genetic drift with the mutants. Younger dryas is a time of melting after the ice age a bunch of old species died off and new ones sprang up. Sativa Indica Rudy. Lions and tigers from sabertooths. Polar and grizz from cave bear. Is there a profusion of autumn crocus pollen alongside the younger dryas in the ice cores? It would be worth a look. A world event could have created a great flood or burn or both and what grew afterwards - a mutation causing plant ( autumn crocus) proliferating at a world event might cause a bunch of colchicine to infect the water supply... Now look at the Egyptian murals. Tall people under a weird flower then little people under them. Perhaps they had powers that have been suppressed over time. In modern humans like you said in plants. It may be as simple as both right and left brained working together. The rare polyploid of an ancient neandrathal could have become human or Bigfoot with a suppressed hormone that makes humans feel intense fear. Was it rare to find ruderalis? Lol oh the possibilities! Indeed I believe autism is a certain form of polyploidy in humans. You are the people I look to for gardening in the future as a savior for our kids world, where as scientists are just testing your badass methods we’ve used over generations. The polyploid plants may even be able to stabilize the unstable thc8 molecules or whatever they just invented for the ultimate medicine. All because you guys wanted to smoke the dank smoke thanks tho. Here’s one my buddy grew.View attachment 49687View attachment 49688
I know nothing on this topic

Hey kryp, here is something that may interest you if you haven't already read it.
✌🙏💚
this was just uploaded while I was typing my post. I hope yall njoy!

this was just uploaded while I was typing my post. I hope yall njoy!
Thankyou, will check it out🙏
I also found this interesting

Thankyou, will check it out🙏
I also found this interesting
once I get my new glasses I shall give it a read! Eye straiin is only worth it to talk to yall!TYVM for sharing

In my nursery and plant biz background days, eradicating a plant of virus was not considered feasible or possible. With orchids, a very high value plant, the good varieties and award winners are mostly cloned by TC and/or divisions. Except cypripediums that cannot be cloned by TC. Anyway, we always discarded plants infected with any virus in the orchid nursery for cloning by division or TC. Now very recently within the past 10 years or so there are some complex methods that have been developed to eradicate virus from high value crop plants. Particularly in vitro thermotherapy-based methods, including combining thermotherapy with shoot tip culture, chemotherapy, micrografting or shoot tip cryotherapy. These methods have been successfully established. But these processes are new, they take a lab, and they are not all proven yet. Its certainly not a home grown operation. Most guys that I know that have used TC for Cannabis say that the TC clones wind up with all the pathogens and parasitic infections that the mother plant has. Including virus and things like fungal rot. Even in sterile cloning environments, the tissue itself has the pathogens in it. Its the same with cloning Cannabis from cuttings in my experience.

Here is a paper on the new (and proposed) methods of viral eradication in plants.

Interesting, though I do not agree that clones can be permanently 'damaged' or degraded by spontaneous epigentics, other than say with the occurrence of random spontaneous "sports". Maybe if you had a clone from a small group of meristem cells that are treated the same, as is done in TC. Which I believe is the reason that TC clones of bamboos are typically not a vigorous as bamboos cloned by whole plant division. But a plant cutting (as in the case of a typical Cannabis clone) that is rooted is a large collection of cells, and they would all have to be affected in the same way.

Though I had not thought of the possibility of direct epigenetics (gene switching) in the organism itself. As in genetic switching in the person or plant affecting the person or plant later in life while it is alive, rather than in subsequent generations through gene switching of genetics in gametes as it has been established to occur. But that would lead to a sport; a genetically different plant growing from a host plant. Many sports (and chimeras) revert back to their original genetics. Many of them die off. Here is a web page explaining plant sport mutations in simple terms:

Last edited:
✌🙏💚

Amusing, though they say that polyploids have only been developed in hemp, and never in marijuana? I have an old book on treating mj seeds with colchicine to produce tetraploids. Its an old book written in the 1970s. Triploids are known to be sterile. My old Gravenstein apple tree here is a triploid and hence it cannot pollinate itself or another apple (or pear) tree. There are two brothers just south of me in Oregon that are developing triploid hemp strains that are self-sterile. Much to the dismay of many. Tetraploids are typically stronger plants with more vigorous growth. I had many award winning tetraploid cymbidium orchids in my collection, and they always bloomed more and grew larger and faster than the tri- and diploids. Many were award winners. I tried to produce tetraploids by treating mj seeds one year many years ago but they all came out as mutants and died. Too much of a good thing?

In my nursery and plant biz background days, eradicating a plant of virus was not considered feasible or possible. With orchids, a very high value plant, the good varieties and award winners are mostly cloned by TC and/or divisions. Except cypripediums that cannot be cloned by TC. Anyway, we always discarded plants infected with any virus in the orchid nursery for cloning by division or TC. Now very recently within the past 10 years or so there are some complex methods that have been developed to eradicate virus from high value crop plants. Particularly in vitro thermotherapy-based methods, including combining thermotherapy with shoot tip culture, chemotherapy, micrografting or shoot tip cryotherapy. These methods have been successfully established. But these processes are new, they take a lab, and they are not all proven yet. Its certainly not a home grown operation. Most guys that I know that have used TC for Cannabis say that the TC clones wind up with all the pathogens and parasitic infections that the mother plant has. Including virus and things like fungal rot. Even in sterile cloning environments, the tissue itself has the pathogens in it. Its the same with cloning Cannabis from cuttings in my experience.

Here is a paper on the new (and proposed) methods of viral eradication in plants.

thats all the stuff I as talking about,! I have cloned out PM, but that IS A LOCALIZED SYSTEMIC INFECTION, AND CAN BE OUTGROWN AND CLEAN CUTS CAN BE TAKEN FROM A PLANT THAT OTHERWISE HAD MILDEW IF THERE ARE NO SPRES RTO REINFECT. LIKE YOU SAID NOT FEASIBLE OR VIABLE, AND FOR THE VIRUS AND ACTUAL SYSTEMIC INFECTIONS IT REQUIRES A LAB, AND TRAINING ABOVE THE AVERAGE PERSONS PAY GRADE. FUCK SPENDING 10 TO PAY A LAB TO SAVE ALL BUT THE MOST LIFELONG OF KEEPERS. SORRY CAPS. DIDNT LOOK UP TO EDIT AND i AM NOT RETYPING THAT. STILL W/O FGLASSES

Back