Breeding with auto fem seed...

King Tubby

Hi all, I haven't grown too many autos and never fem but it has become necessary in my situation. A lot of seeds im interested in ; dutch passion for example, only come in auto fem varieties. I was gifted a nice regular auto strain but dont want to inbreed it forever. Has anyone had any personal experience or run into problems when crossing a feminised plant with a regular male?
Thanks..

I don't think you should encounter any problems you only end up with regular F1 seeds I have no breeding experience so how knows but because fems are bring to hermie for fem seeds they could give that trait further but i read they dont give that hermie trait further so it should be no problem

I'm pretty new to autoflowers too. There are some trusted names Dutch passion is one of the better ones. I've only grown mephistogenetics autos so far but I can point you in the right direction. Im not gonna link but Dinafem, Mephisto, Dutch passion, Night owl, Twisted tree and Rocbud inc. there's probably more out there that are good auto breeders. Night owl and Mephisto sell only automatics so rep is built on autos only.
Peace all.

thanks for replies, i guess another route i didnt think of would be to select fast plants i already have for that future cross? i was interested in making f2s of shark shock and g13 skunk anyhow. I have a fungus issue in my guerilla spot that more or less doesnt allow me to grow long flowering sativas properly before it spreads from the leaves to the flowers. Only the fast finishers are unaffected. One might advise to find a better spot but it doesnt really exist in terms of privacy, light and water availability.

So the goal would be automatic to plant earlier, harvest earlier and avoid the wetter months. Might have to go to F3 to lock in autoflower traits so that happens reliably. I haven't grown any of Dutch passions stuff. Earlier in auto culture they were seen as rather stable. But like much of Europe's banks they now sell white label bulk Spanish seed. If you read @Bobberr 's thread there's a wealth of info about breeding autos.
Peace all.

The goal is actually to do 2 crops instead of one as it seems to be the soil or the surrounding vegetation that carries the mould/rust, starts from the bottom fan leaves and works its way up. you notice yellow spots on leaves then look at underside and theres mould spots forming. its definitely not budrot from wet weather. i havent grown any either, im interested in mazar and skywalker though. the auto i have is some sort of blue plant. which i thought might pair well. bluexSSH x Bluexmazar would be a nice project.

Last edited:
Mephisto has an f7 automatic using the DNA's Skywalker kush cut. They just name it Skywalker though. Maybe plant an equal number of photos and autos. Autos will finish 1st then the photoperiods can continue on. Or you could just plant 2 sets of autos a few weeks apart at the start of season.
Peace all.

australian btw. i had a look at their gear a week ago on my auto hunts seems great but unavailable to me. i actually did plant half auto and half photo and the photos are now all dealing with it. As much as i dislike it, auto until i find a spot nearby that doesnt harbour mould.

King Tubby said: "...I have a fungus issue in my guerilla spot..."

Hello King Tubby!

Have you identified your enemy(fungus)? It would be easier to help you if we knew more.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” - Sun Tzu

Longball

i dropped my phone here yesterday so all my pics are long gone. tully-gorge-natural-infinity-pool-east-coast-of-australia.jpg (600×400) (jucy.com.au) nope not off the edge, in that little pool, which i dove at least 5 metres into pitch black without touching bottom, rip phone. It looks similar to this, but eventually turns the entire leaf a pale, light, sickly looking green. Rust - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums. my cluey mate i grow there with thinks black spot mould. ive noticed people saying 'thats a deficiency'. definitely not the case as the underside of the leaves have spots of mould spores that rub off, spread and eventually grow. i spray it all with eco fungicide when i get the chance havent tried neem yet as that post suggests but honestly probably a bit late now. i'll share some photos of my actual plants when i get back to them next if anyones feeling helpful.

cheers.

that links probably not the best example as its more a yellow spot on top with a grey mould on underside. any ideas to set me on track are useful.

Hello @King Tubby!

After seeing how awesome the tiny pic of Tully Gorge Infinity Pool looked, I had to Google it and see about some bigger pics. WOW! Such a beautiful place! And the Autoflower Girls there are beautiful too! Did you know there are Autoflower Girls on every continent that Autoflower Plants grow on!

Tully Gorge Infinity Pool, Australia, with Autoflower Girl! :)
Infinity Pool.jpg

Longball

Ok, getting the thread back on track. First question was about breeding fem Auto with a photoperiod. Can't really give you the answer you are looking for but this last summer I did mate a male MNS G13 x Afghan Skunk with a fem Auto Lemon Haze and I did get seeds. I read Boberr's thread on Autoflowers and thought I'd get some semi-auto's that he mentioned. I must have read it wrong because now I think these F1 seeds will simple be photoperiod plants. I don't think I would see any Auto's or semi-Auto's until F2 or F3 and I don't think it's worth my time to do that. I have grown at least 10 crops of fem Auto's and while they are easy, fun, and nice to give to Autoflower Girls or to get people started growing, I don't think they are worth growing to keep as a main stash. Just my opinion, that and $7 USD will get you a cup of coffee!

For the fungus problem - a picture of it on your plant would be best of course. Someday you will get a new phone and post up some pictures. As there has only been 144,180 types of Fungi identified, we may be able to solve this by the process of elimination. You posted up a pic of "Rust' fungus but you don't believe that is it. Your friend thinks maybe a type of Black Spot Funfus. Quite common on Rose's and you can be sure that rose breeder's and those who enter International Rose Competition's have an answer for this. Does your problem look anything like this Black Spot Fungus picture?
Black Spot Fungus(1).jpg

Longball

I don't know for a fact I'm just going on hearsay but it was explained to me that if you cross an auto with a photo then you will get 25% Autos in that batch seeds. because the auto trait is a recessive trait. haven't done any breeding but I've been running a couple experiments I took a lemon auto and put balls on it just to kind of figure out the process used to make feminized seed. figured if the shit goes down knowing a little bit about breeding might be one of those good skills to have. kind of like making ethanol. if Society crumbles I figure I'll be sitting all right because I can grow weed I can make whiskey and you can use that whiskey to drink, run tractors or vehicles if you have to. personally I very rarely drink but being able to whip out a batch of whiskey is a good skill to have. I'm thinking learning a little bit about breeding aint going to Hurt nothing either. if anybody wants that feminized Lemon Haze auto pollen let me know I really don't want it I just practicing skills the only reason I did an auto is because I could do it in my cloning area it was a convenience thing not a wanting to make Autos thing. last year I did a few autos outdoor I didn't get s*** for yield but I was in the hospital for a couple weeks and we had a drought last year. but they were done in July and I had enough of them out there that I had enough smoke to get me through almost Christmas

I don't know for a fact I'm just going on hearsay but it was explained to me that if you cross an auto with a photo then you will get 25% Autos in that batch seeds. because the auto trait is a recessive trait. haven't done any breeding but I've been running a couple experiments I took a lemon auto and put balls on it just to kind of figure out the process used to make feminized seed. figured if the shit goes down knowing a little bit about breeding might be one of those good skills to have. kind of like making ethanol. if Society crumbles I figure I'll be sitting all right because I can grow weed I can make whiskey and you can use that whiskey to drink, run tractors or vehicles if you have to. personally I very rarely drink but being able to whip out a batch of whiskey is a good skill to have. I'm thinking learning a little bit about breeding aint going to Hurt nothing either. if anybody wants that feminized Lemon Haze auto pollen let me know I really don't want it I just practicing skills the only reason I did an auto is because I could do it in my cloning area it was a convenience thing not a wanting to make Autos thing. last year I did a few autos outdoor I didn't get s*** for yield but I was in the hospital for a couple weeks and we had a drought last year. but they were done in July and I had enough of them out there that I had enough smoke to get me through almost Christmas
The first round of auto × photo gives no autos. In the f2 is when the 25% will come into play.and the f3 50% with selecting and crossing the autos together the percentage will increase every round. Iirc

Automatic flowers
Are made by using
Cannabis Ruderalis, Russian ditchweed
Never will I grow these in my garden.
All I’m gonna say .
Good Luck
In all fairness I have grown and smoked some very potent autos before which had a decent yield. 3 oz or more. And then they have the other autos which didn't even break 1 oz. I can see your dislike to the lack of consistency. But going with reputable breeders goes a long way to good autos . Saw someone grew an auto nightqueen and it yielded more than an lb. Main thing with them is give them a good start. And train with LST early .

Back