Breeding for THC-v

I think there is a few cbg lines out now.

Panakeia is one. Kwikseeds did sell a spanish CBG seed. Rumor is Shanti is developing one maybe? I would hope Shanti's is from hash plants not hemp. Oregon has some lines.

@Big Sur - I'd be curious to see what you find as far as CBG lines there in OR.

We are legally able to grow hemp here now. I'm pretty sure the seed has to be certified by someone somewhere though. I would really like to get my hands on a large amount of high CBG hemp seed that doesn't come with some genetic licensing contract or crop share agreement. if somebody knows more about this, please message me.

Panakeia was developed by CBGseeds but they do not do direct retail sales. Like most hemp seed companies, you have to buy hemp seed in huge volume, typically by the kilo. They claim that Panakeia is 18% CBG and 0,0% THC. A Dutch company called Bedrocan BV Medicinal Cannabis has been producing a low THC, high CBD and CBG strain called Bediol. Not sure if it is available anywhere.

CBG is a precursor to all other cannabinoids in Cannabis plants, so you just need a plant that arrests the development of secondary cannabinoids like CBD and THC from CBG. Theoretically you can just harvest your plants early to get more CBG. CBG will give you the munchies though. The opposite of THCv.

I think there is a few cbg lines out now.

Panakeia is one. Kwikseeds did sell a spanish CBG seed. Rumor is Shanti is developing one maybe? I would hope Shanti's is from hash plants not hemp. Oregon has some lines.

@Big Sur - I'd be curious to see what you find as far as CBG lines there in OR.

We are legally able to grow hemp here now. I'm pretty sure the seed has to be certified by someone somewhere though. I would really like to get my hands on a large amount of high CBG hemp seed that doesn't come with some genetic licensing contract or crop share agreement. if somebody knows more about this, please message me.

If u have 3 or 4 seeds just try your luck
If she's selfed hope u get one viable female.
If they got big money tied up in their stuff, can't see them letting it out.

I just posted what I could find for rare high THCv strains. I do not sanction any of these people. I do not think that many seed company beans are legit any more. Few sell regular photos or sativas any more. RSC/Kwik was legit, but they are drifting more toward Euro collective 'worked' stuff now. MrNice is legit. DJ & JD Short are legit. Seed companies here in the US west are popping up like weeds these days. Like in Canada, I do not trust any of them, save for DJ Short. I get beans mostly in trade from breeders, or direct from source locations. But they are dwindling. Seed scams are on the rise.

I'd like to see some of elite's offer.
Only banks with it r so obscure I can't even find a review on them.
I hope they do it again.
The Doug V r probably about as legit as old school breeders asoc's WillieN.

Another variety if you can find it is Accra Skunk, not a real Skunk but its called like that and Jawhi's Joy from Ghana.Grew the last one and it gave me no appetite at all.THCV reduces the munchies which is caused by THC.

Sub Cool's Chernobyl is suppose to be high THCv.

Vlad, Yantra had some beans, not sure if they are still trading, if so you can put in a request.

My understanding from Jason King is that the equatorial sun or UV light may have something to do with it.

Hi, everybody. I am sure that in the near future, marijuana will become legal all over the world. Since marijuana is very popular, and brings a lot of money. Even now, marijuana is legal in some States and countries. For example, I'm not a fan of marijuana, but I decided to try all-natural, high-quality CBD chewing gums with koality . Since delivery is fast, it's legal, at least in my state. If someone is interested, you can go and take a look. I think you'd better talk to a lawyer about this, because you may have legal problems in your state, and there may be a lot of problems in the flesh before you are released.

Last edited:
With the unfortunate recent passing of Subcool, and his jacks cleaner strains now also becoming legacy breeding, it looks like we are going backwards.
I had a conversation with Subcool about THCv in his strains a couple of years ago. He was running a Jack the Ripper cut for a patient that registered at 6%

Hello. The Dutch passion have THC-Victory strain with 6-8 THC-V .
I'd like to believe that you could find a 6-8% THCv strain out there.
DP would turn out some good enough stuff, if you could throw enough seed.
I don't think any strain is that generous though.
The lower end of the spectrum is throwing 6% THCv is too good to be true
Willie Nelson threw 2-5%+.
Finding a cut that goes 6% would be cool enough.
A strain that goes 6-8% is as good as you'd need.

Last edited:
I understand the Dutch passion dislike . but their auto mazar from a pack has phenotypes with all the different " dutch skunk" type smells. from 6 plants I had genric skunky, tropical fruit skunk, citrus skunk, kush skunk, afghan funk. was really good mids type flower. and for the price, I'm sure the auto critical orange punch and auto banana blaze are most acceptable autos.

I understand the Dutch passion dislike . but their auto mazar from a pack has phenotypes with all the different " dutch skunk" type smells. from 6 plants I had genric skunky, tropical fruit skunk, citrus skunk, kush skunk, afghan funk. was really good mids type flower. and for the price, I'm sure the auto critical orange punch and auto banana blaze are most acceptable autos.

i never grow ruderalis strains

dutch passion is feminized seeds and auto everything that deflets the genome

i never grow ruderalis strains

dutch passion is feminized seeds and auto everything that deflets the genome
You should give some of the auto fems that can yeild well a try. they serve multiple purposes. getting a harvest in before the caterpillars and mildew season, summer harvest w/o light dep, old people who want to have multiple harvests a year; but not deal with pulling tarps, They are pretty and smell nice. I have 0 opinion on whether or not feminized seed is good or bad. all I know is that when I was running a stress testing room; the only clones that refused to express hermaphroditism from multiple extreme stress runs was a feminized cotton candy from delicious seeds I got as a freebie when I ordered some MNS critical mass and CBD crew critical mass like a decade ago. It's not like I'm suggesting you breed with them, or calling them the best weed in the world. I am only suggesting you be open to new experiences.

You should give some of the auto fems that can yeild well a try. they serve multiple purposes. getting a harvest in before the caterpillars and mildew season, summer harvest w/o light dep, old people who want to have multiple harvests a year; but not deal with pulling tarps, They are pretty and smell nice. I have 0 opinion on whether or not feminized seed is good or bad. all I know is that when I was running a stress testing room; the only clones that refused to express hermaphroditism from multiple extreme stress runs was a feminized cotton candy from delicious seeds I got as a freebie when I ordered some MNS critical mass and CBD crew critical mass like a decade ago. It's not like I'm suggesting you breed with them, or calling them the best weed in the world. I am only suggesting you be open to new experiences.

i' m not interested by cbd or auto strains

Well, that's good for you, I referenced an experience I had with a plant given as a freebie, and didnt even mention how the cbd mass plants came out so you sharing your lack of interest in cbd plants is irrelevant, you were knocking fems and autos. the only plant I have ever consistently tried to make express hermaphroditism that did not came from feminized seed. that is a super rare trait for non feminized cannabis. the fact a feminized seed, from the era where "fems are bad, made with hermaphrodites" was the norm made a plant that was not intersexed at all is quite astounding but you if you have no interest in auto flowers, why would you knck them and say they "deflete" the genome, hermaphroditism has been in cannabis for a very long time. the female only genomes constantly got pollen on them in nature.

Back