Boost 62% Showing 63-65 rh after a week

curious101

I tossed these in when the product was at 59-60rh and they gradually brought it up to 62% but has continued to rise..most read 63% which is fine but some are showing 65% which makes me uncomfortable

I am using the large 67g in 1/2 gallon jars

Should I just pull them out and burp to 62%…I was doing these for storage not to rejuvenate

Thanks

The Boost 67g is designed to restore and maintain a pound (16oz) of plant material. I suspect that they are a bit of overkill for a 1/2 gallon jar. Too many unknown variables here to make an informed decision.

Longball

The Boost 67g is designed to restore and maintain a pound (16oz) of plant material. I suspect that they are a bit of overkill for a 1/2 gallon jar. Too many unknown variables here to make an informed decision.

Longball
Add to that that I had 2 orders of Integra

The one batch all reads 61-62

The other with different serial number all are 64-65

I think mine may be out of date

The serial number on accurate ones all ends in 22 which I assume is the year made

also the indicator cards are printed different

The older the boost packs the less likely they are to maintain proper RH, they will start getting low. What about your hydrometers? One in every jar? Were they calibrated? Did you calibrate them? The National Institute of Weights and Measures? You are assuming your boost packs are off, are you sure your hydrometers are balls-on accurate? You can't measure the accuracy of a boost pack with an inaccurate hydrometer.

Longball

I have 10 Caliber IV calibrated by myself with the Boveda calibration kit

i moved the hygrometer around the jars

Only the Batch 21 are above 62-63

Batch 22 is 60-63 which is perfectly acceptable for me…let’s now wait and see if they continue to climb up to 65rh Like the other batch of packs

I pulled the packs out of all the 65% jars

I am going to monitor the jars and see if it happens again

all packs were inserted within 24 hours of each other..really odd that one lot of packs would hydrate and keep hydrating while the others seem in check

I got them on Amazon so not directly from Integra

Quick update

I replaced all the 2021 packs with the new 2022…after burping a week all the jars are sitting 61-63 with most spot on 62

Definitely a bad batch or wasn’t properly stored by the seller…ordered from different vendor and got the2022 batch in both 8g and 67g.. I reached out to Integra with the batch number and hoping to get some answers

Thanks everyone

Back