Blue Widow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumble

Got this bean as a freebie some time back from Dinafem. Glad I decided to finally grow it out. She is 5 weeks into flowering and REEKS of candy apples. I'm keeping two moms, they are in the pics below...

Attachments

• stuff 121.jpg
    stuff 121.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 361
  • tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 52
  • tn3.jpg
    tn3.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 61
  • tn4.jpg
    tn4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
It looks very nice. :)

27890d1326034990-blue-widow-stuff-121.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks man! I have some Black Widow and NL in with her getting ready to harvest in a few days. I'm gonna' let the Blue Widow flower 8-9 weeks in total. So, she's still got 3-4 weeks.

Hi bumble,man she is lovely,great pic's aswell,i got a blue wid freebie at the same stage as your's and like you i'm really impressed and that smell is amazing is'nt it,just out of curiosity what ec do you have her on,i have mine on 1.0_1.1 along with my angel heart but the blue wid is asking for more,good luck with her great grandmother(black wid) haha and nl's

cheers...ps.

Hi bumble,man she is lovely,great pic's aswell,i got a blue wid freebie at the same stage as your's and like you i'm really impressed and that smell is amazing is'nt it,just out of curiosity what ec do you have her on,i have mine on 1.0_1.1 along with my angel heart but the blue wid is asking for more,good luck with her great grandmother(black wid) haha and nl's

cheers...ps.

Thanks!! Ya' know, I honestly couldn't tell you what my EC is, haha!! I 've been growing for over 10 years and not once checked my EC. I keep my soil ph bwtween 6.3-6.5 and watch how my girls react to thier feedings. Each one will have different needs, so I treat them accordingly. The Blue Widow, mine anyway, has been a real light feeder. Been giving her nutes every other watering. I, personally, think the buds are kinda' small for 5 weeks, compaired to other strains I have grown. I'm running a 600 HPS/MH (switchable). She still has time to double up on the weight, so we'll see.

Last edited:
Hey bumble,yeah so there may be slight variations in a whole pack,mine seems to like slightly heavier feed to what i normaly give my plants and the buds on her seem quite big for her age and i had some grow issues to start with but i'll say that i would'nt think twice about buying a full pack of these or any of dinafems gear,i hope you'll give a smoke report on what you got going

cheers...ps.

looks good.

my first ever homemade cross was a white rhino x blueberry.
that was a good one.

a little bit ago, someone gifted my friend a pack of white russian x blueberry.
i have those going now.

now looking back at them all, i think the widow x blueberry may be the best option. the WRhino cross was good, but the wr seemed dominant and the plants only had a little blueberry to them.

the White russian cross looks like it will be more potent, and its more blueberry dominant.
but the flavor is a little strange. it gets closer to grape than blueberry, and a slight bitter licorice smell in some. must be from the russian.

good luck with yours, i think i will get a pure blueberry in a couple months, and then get shantis BW, and see what comes out then...

Hey bumble,yeah so there may be slight variations in a whole pack,mine seems to like slightly heavier feed to what i normaly give my plants and the buds on her seem quite big for her age and i had some grow issues to start with but i'll say that i would'nt think twice about buying a full pack of these or any of dinafems gear,i hope you'll give a smoke report on what you got going

cheers...ps.

I hear ya'!! I'd spend the $$$ on a pack of these. I think my pheno leans a little more towards the BB lineage, hence the smaller nugs and lighter feeding needs. They are rock solid like a kindey stone though, haha!! I have seen grow journals on the BW's "sativa" pheno and it is a slightly larger plant. I vegged this girl for 6 weeks and she's only 2.5 feet tall. Most of the strains I grow end up between 3-5 feet, depending on strain/veg times.

I'll do a complete smoke report....

Nice looking plant...

I was gifted a 5 pack of the entire Dinafem range by a really generous guy called guillem from Dinafem,I had been given a pack or two before by seedbanks but never the entire menu..

I was more impressed with Dinafems S1 of the famed bilbao cut of critical mass than I was with the original offering here,although I think I was unlucky with phenos...

The Blue widow I thought grew itself and yielded really well,however I wasn't happy with the stringent flavour of it or the resin content..that said it didn't look nearly as good as the OP's photo

White Widow I gifted to a friend who reported bad hermie problems,the resulting herb was badly seeded and thus bunk

Cali hashplant I grew outdoors with some success,as well as the blue hash,but neither plant was particularly remarkable

Moby Dick grew well,large yields of hazy dense buds,as did Royale haze

'santa sativa/sister' I believe it was called were gifted to a friend with the shining silver haze,he has not reported back anything thus far

Roadrunner was quite a successful outdoor automatic,reaching the size of an early flowered indica rather than the dwarf yield/plants that could be expected from the early releases of lowryder

Thank you for a most informative reply!!! I agree 100% that this plant grows itself. If the candy apple aroma is a window into the future, the flavor should be amazing. BUT....I have had GREAT looking/smelling plants turn out to be bombs in the flavor department. :D

Nice budshot of the Black Widow...She'll be coming down in a day or two.

Attachments

• tn6.jpg
    tn6.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 44
Chopped her down Monday. I had her hanging until this morning and she's ready for paperbags for another few days. The weight on her right now is just over 3 ozs, (86 grms), so I will see at least 2.5ozs., or more, when she is ready for the jars. So, between her and the 3 other girls I had for this harvest I will see 10-11 ozs. Not a record breaker, but not bad for a 600 HPS and a tent. Wish I was a btter photographer. The buds/plant are much larger than they appear in the pics.

Attachments

• tn7.jpg
    tn7.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 26
  • tn8.jpg
    tn8.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 12
  • tn9.jpg
    tn9.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
  • stuff 164.jpg
    stuff 164.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 16
  • stuff 154.jpg
    stuff 154.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 12
  • stuff 156.jpg
    stuff 156.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 13
Thank you!! She still smells of candy apples, BUT now that she's getting closer to jar/cure time she is getting a pretty heavy skunk aroma that is starting to overtake the sweet smell. I'll do a smoke report after she has cured a few weeks. The resin content as she is drying is amazing. Very abundant, heavy/coarse, and large, resin heads... like sugar granules.

Hi Bumble,can't wait for your smoke report she really looks nice,mine was chopped yesterday cause she had 2 male flowers appear she was about 8 1/2 weeks i think and started to get a fuely old slippers smell but not sweaty just old like a grandads hat and slipper closet,her trichomes were the longest i've had,so i'll keep you informed on how she smokes

cheers...ps.

Hi Bumble,can't wait for your smoke report she really looks nice,mine was chopped yesterday cause she had 2 male flowers appear she was about 8 1/2 weeks i think and started to get a fuely old slippers smell but not sweaty just old like a grandads hat and slipper closet,her trichomes were the longest i've had,so i'll keep you informed on how she smokes

cheers...ps.

Hey PS!! Did you have full on male flowers or just some late flowering nanners? I have read MANY reports that say once this strain gets past 8 weeks, nanners can appear. I pulled mine right at 8 weeks. I didn't have any nanners.

I tried to get some decent resin shots of a dry bud, but either the camera or myself just simply sucks. Here youo go anyway. It'll give you and idea of the finished product. The skunk aroma is very heavy but the berry/candy apple undertones are still VERY present.

Attachments

• stuff 188.jpg
    stuff 188.jpg
    590.8 KB · Views: 20
  • stuff 185.jpg
    stuff 185.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 16
  • stuff 187.jpg
    stuff 187.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 15
looks great bumble.

here is that white russian x blueberry i mentioned earlier.
theyre cut down now, almost dry. dont have any bud shots yet.

1-28-12weedpics092.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back