Best type of (fruit) alcohol for extraction/tincture?

So... it seems like I will start working for my friend in the near future. Gotta work through my notice period now. It's going to be 'a bit' different compared to what I'm doing now (managing a hi-tech/publishing project) but I'm really looking fwd to helping my friend set up a new operation.

He showed me the new warehouse and first thing I see is a 220l barrel of ethanol and was like "this is going to get interesting!" :)
First action I'll take -> put up a sign "NO SMOKING ALLOWED!" lol

Since some of you asked for an update... Underneath a recent picture from one of the production halls. We were distilling Mahia while recycling some of the water from the condensor to fill up a wine barrel which we'll use this week to start a 6-month aging process of our gold label Arak.

20210905_080416 (1).jpg

Tomorrow (yes, tomorrow - we work Sun-Thu over here) we'll start bottling the absinthe we distilled last week so I'm looking forward to carrying out the much needed quality control ;) Thank G1d, business is going well and some new members joined our team in the past weeks.

How He has provided. Feeling like a sjaman yet High-mish? Or are ya more feeling like a moonshiner? ^^
View attachment 54448

It's somewhere between a sjaman and a moonshiner :)
It's great to learn something new and also nice that I can use some of our stuff to make even more interesting stuff with it :)

In case some of you are interested to find out more about the project, you can always send me a pm.

We just finished bottling this Boukha, it's an eau de vie made of figs. It came out at 72% ABV (174 proof) and we kept some of the non-diluted spirit for an extraction, G1d willing with the G13 X Afghan Skunk..

20220115_232007.jpg

And outside, the compost is getting there. I now call it "the pit of death" and hope it will be ready for the outdoor season. I turned it upside down 2 weeks ago, the fresh stuff in front is some of the last stuff that will go in there. I will turn it upside down again this week and then leave it alone for a while.

20220115_231716.jpg

Love the name boukha. It’s so deep, profound and well chosen for its purpose. :D

And you have to pronounce it with a Russian accent... Boukha was made by Russian (jewish) immigrants who moved to Tunisia. Figs were cheaper than grain in Tunisia so they made 'wodka' out of figs which resulted in a very delicuous liquor. It's not easy to make it right as the figs can get burnt during the distillation process and give a smoky/burnt flavour to the spirit. We triple distilled it and it came out nicely, thank G1d. One of our neighbours in the industrual zone is of Tunisian descent and loves boukha.. He gave us his stamp of approval so we're OK to release it on the market :)

It's somewhere between a sjaman and a moonshiner :)
It's great to learn something new and also nice that I can use some of our stuff to make even more interesting stuff with it :)

In case some of you are interested to find out more about the project, you can always send me a pm.

We just finished bottling this Boukha, it's an eau de vie made of figs. It came out at 72% ABV (174 proof) and we kept some of the non-diluted spirit for an extraction, G1d willing with the G13 X Afghan Skunk..

View attachment 57963

la boukha (boura) algerian do the same alcool i drink it with a grenadine sirup on apperitif before a good couscous :)

And you have to pronounce it with a Russian accent... Boukha was made by Russian (jewish) immigrants who moved to Tunisia. Figs were cheaper than grain in Tunisia so they made 'wodka' out of figs which resulted in a very delicuous liquor. It's not easy to make it right as the figs can get burnt during the distillation process and give a smoky/burnt flavour to the spirit. We triple distilled it and it came out nicely, thank G1d. One of our neighbours in the industrual zone is of Tunisian descent and loves boukha.. He gave us his stamp of approval so we're OK to release it on the market :)

There are also “bokeh” lenses in photography which creates visuals on lights and other blurry effects.
I love them so much :)

Back