back on the train

sysadmin

Picked these up last year, always a screaming deal on these it seems and I like the building blocks (nl, sk, nh). Had 19 seeds, 16 germed, ended up with 10 females after a few culls. Kept some males, but tossed them as decided have enough pchuck seed still around. Anyway obviously still a good way to go on these, coming up on 4-5 weeks flower but not much filling yet. Some of these plants stretched 3x+ their veg height and have very hazy look to them.

nsseeds.jpg

nsveg.jpg

ns2wks.jpg

mnnsk2wwk.jpg

3wkmnsnsk.jpg

nskhi.jpg

nsktaes.jpg

onsk.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!

Will definitely be paying attention- this is a line I have given much consideration towards popping some beans but just haven't ever pulled the trigger on getting the beans...not too much around in terms of info on this one....

Plants look fantastic so far- Did you 12/12 these from seed? Will be intersting to see the different flower periods..

Keep up the good work!

All the best,

CM

welcome aboard and thanks for the replies. The seedlings were vegged 5+- weeks under flouros, then placed in flower under 1000 mh. I am big believer in 4-6 weeks min for seedlings, but these do stretch quite a bit so the advice to flower almost immediately may be correct for lower spaces.

So far please with how these are looking, you can definitely see the haze and skunk influences. One small squat, perhaps more indicative of the nl heritage.

wtfn.jpg

mnnnkhuy.jpg

hjhit.jpg

ffki.jpg

atnji.jpg

8823.jpg

6642.jpg

4958.jpg

00551.jpg

chugging along. Not even sure what week of flower we are in! Some interesting plants for sure. Nothing to note regarding smells, resin, etc except the smallest more indica one already has way more resin than others.

IMG_7857.JPG

IMG_7856.JPG

IMG_7853.JPG

IMG_7854.JPG

IMG_7851.JPG

IMG_78501.JPG

IMG_7849.JPG

IMG_7848.JPG

latest update below with a few select shots. Coming along nicely, a very robust strain so far with some variety for sure.

this is the smallest plant, very much like some old nl x shiva I grew back from positronics in the day. It is already glistening with resin but still ripening, due to its small size it has been crowded out but run from clone could be very nice head stash.
nsnl.jpg

this one is very much like a sk/haze cross, look at those calyxes swelling up already!
nskswpis.jpg

very excited about this one, looks similar to some nvhaze large yeilder shots. from the start I had my eye on this one.
nsfull.jpg

group shot at lamp fire, NSK and WA mixed with my usual suspects
flash.jpg

lovely lovely plants man....

gonna keep on feeding her?? hoping at a real low dose....

that haze is shining thru man!!!

congrats!!!!

thanks for the good vibes, I updated the obscure reference, musical theme of the thread. I did actually give the NSK a more sativa based mix which is lesser in feeding. Some of the plants would have preferred something stronger as they yellowed a bit early, but the haze leaning phenos are happy. That is what I highlighted in these shots, but some non hazy ones as well with a much tighter bud structure. Overall a very hardy strain though and very much look forward to a month or so when chopping should be finishing up.

Just curious- are your one-leggeds still standing? or have you performed the sacred ceremonies yet?

The first NSK has been harvested, this one was right about 11 weeks. Generally I find seed grown plants need an extra 1-2 week vs clone from same. Anyhow this one was shaded and much smaller than most of the other NSK. It has very nice resin production and the skunk/nl influence seems dominant. I would say based on smell it is more NL as it has a subdued yet unique odor I remember from some NL5 back in the day. NL strains were always liked for their low odor during grow back when that was a bigger issue. The bottom part of the plant has a xmas tree shape with lots of nuggets like the one below. From clone, pruned and arranged with better light I suspect this one could produce much better and certainly looks good--of course will report back on the smoke report later. You can click on the images a few times to see a really high res of the resin stalks, for that nerdy closeup.

Last edited:
nice and frosty. can you describe the old NL was the bottom branches as lone as the rest? I have one that is christmas tree looking with long thick branches that stay close to the stock and almost go straight up, almost but so much different than anything i have ever seen. Big long wide indica fan leaves with two buds per internode and so frosty it is almost black looking and fuel kind of smell that has changed from sweet berry smelling and i have a clone of this also very hard to clone but all where that way around 3 weeks to root. im not sure what i have here but the yield could be a good one if i just knew what i have. no picture. thats why i not sure if this is NL or Afgan of some sort. any ideas?

sysadmin
thanks for the update. I hope she provides you with good smoke

ratjack
you had me salivating real good there

M

as always thanks for comments and feedback. ratjack it sounds like an indy dom for sure with wide leaves. I have definitely seen afghani crosses that turn almost black (fan leaves) during late flower, esp if temps are cooler. So it could be related to afghani. NL tends to stay pretty green-ish even through flower. I can say that some homemade crosses made with posi NL from 90s produced some really unique plants. There was one I nicknamed "oiler" b/c it had the most glossy leaves ever noted. This NL cross cut was run in several different gardens that, unfortunately, had become infected with massive borge (aka mite) infestations. Amazingly the mites completely avoided the oiler cuts, they were literally untouched while other plants were completely decimated. So really you never know what sort of unique plants you may find over the years while running hundreds of seedlings--and as fate often dictates these could be some of your first, or hundreds later so always worth noting any unique plants.

So anyway here are #2 and #3 of NSK to get the chop. #2 has that classic SK1 formation (pre shit) where you almost do not need to trim as almost all calyxes. This one has a unique baby aspirin smell

this one has a more shit profile, hard nuggets with purple/yellow splotch fans leaves as she ages. Noticed also a few herm flowers on this one, you can see one in the middle of this shot, yellow bit right almost dead center. Hopefully s(h)e did not affect the rest of garden.

Chopped a few more today, these are the non hazy types but remind me very much of my LN cut, dense nuggets with fuelly smell.

this one is still going, from get go had a very pink look to pistils though they are fading. Reports of other strains also have the pink, possibly related skunk father genes?

Here are the three haziest, the two being held up are totally flopping, the other one can stand on its own. still going for I would say another 7-14 days.

This one is also self standing, the largest from get go and seems to have a strong skunk haze crossing, that hopefully combines the best of both as you can see it would be a nice fat yielder

yea i have been thinking about what you said on my cross of NLX afgan but i have been seeing a big difference on the afgan side of this run and no noticeble red brown orange hair at all . almost hairless even when you scope her or them it either nice and redbrown or you could say bald with hardly any at all with a scope. i noticed this threw out my grow on this strain oh by the way i been told through my son that the mom may have been called arora indica they had back some time ago in the early 90's, he tells me this past weekend. have anyone seen a female flower that had all kinds of pistols and one where harvested the pistols would just reseed to almost nothing at all? today i have seen this for the first time. im going like what the hell happen to this and they look great under the scope but i just had to say this that is what i been dealt on this one.

twist around

NSK 1-5 have been harvested and initial cure for long term jar storage is occurring. I have been able to sample all five and to generalize this strain is very pleasing so far even at halfway point of finishers. Description seems completely accurate relative to time and genetics and I recommend the NSK for sure if you do not mind waiting a bit on finish. Numbering was based on finish time. Click thru a few times on pics if you want full resolution.

NSK1--fastest at approx 80 days. not much smell but NL reminiscent. Smoke is a bit harsh, similar low flavor but indica dom with some dankness. High is to the relaxing side but you are quite alert.

NSK2--chopped at 80 days as well since noticed some hermie male flowers. It has the heavy purpling and seems more skunk sided. sampled on small bud, it has skunky. hashy flavor, smoke is pretty smooth. high is strong and a bit disorienting. reminds me of mosh or other similar strong purps.

NSK3- Went about 85. Did not pay much attention to this one during grow as it was nondescript but she has certainly caught my eye, possibly sleeper pheno (as in dark horse running!). The floral structure is haze like and the smell is as well but in a way more generic to strong equatorial sativas. possibly thai or brazilian it has that lime green look and taste. smooth but expansive smoke that delivers a very excellent high that leans toward the euphoric but still all is well. really like this one

NSK4--Approx 88-90 days seems similar to number 5 in profile and smells but there are subtle differences. This one has minty pine flavor but with an acrid undertone, smooth semi expansive smoke is easy on lungs. The high is great blend of focus and up mood. Probably not the best for late night.

nsk5--Approx 88-90 days, has a more spicy flavor, but also minty undertones, smooth and easy smoke. the high is very nice as well, I would say it and number 3 are my favorite so far.

So yes, still 5 to harvest probably another 7 days left on those as will be close to 100 days flower at that point. Here is group shot of 1-5 and will update the others in a couple of weeks.

Back