ASH Phenotypes

grower62

Growing ASH (and Shit): my first MNS Strains.
Starting ASH in April 2013 I got 7 plants from 18 seeds (seeds seemed to be old and very inhomogenous). From those 7 plants are 5 indica dominant and 2 are sativa dominant. Not all of the plants could be sexed from pre flowering yet. But with the 2 sat dom plants one of each is male and one is female. The male one smells like in this forum formerly described like peach (amazing!). The female sat dom plant smells, also discribed in the ASH forum like "slithgly" rotten (fruit?).

Looking for advice about the different phenotypes of ASH and your experience/advice with them. I am interested in the inbreeding aspects of the different phenotypes as well.

As I was able to find some information about the possible ASH phenotypes in the ASH forum. These information lie on many different threads.

I hope to get all the information about the different ASH phenotypes here in one new thread.

Thank you all for your time and your answers !

grower 62

ASH phenotypes

Maybe you can send some pictures too?!

Opened the same thread for Shit.

Have a good time!

Thank you for your time and effort!!!

grower

Hi guys,
ASH is a fantastic all around plant in my experience. As far as phenotypes are concerned, I did not find it difficult to suss out the women from the girls so to speak. The two best plants stuck out like a sore thumb and were essentially opposites of one another. A very sativa like selection as well as a girl I would consider just fine for overall use were the super models of the bunch.

For the price this is a variety all MNS enthusiast should run in their gardens and you may be surprised at the potential you will find in the line. I found it to yield well, finish in a respectable amount of time, rolls off the palette nicely and smokes equally as well.

One pack yielded very acceptable plants so I can imagine with some selection through numbers plants would show themselves that would likely not leave your garden for years to come if ever.

ASH: 3 Phenotypes

Hi all!

Here I post my own experience with those ASH phenotypes:

From my pack of 18 ASH seeds I got 7 plants. Three were female and all different.

Phenotype1: very sativa like plant, tall/lanky, thin buds, strong haze/ammonium smell

Phenotype2: mixed indica-sativa, round buds, haze/ammonium smell (less than phenotype1)

Phenotype3: looking exact like Phenotype2, fruity smell, no haze/ammonium smell at all.

Can´t tell the exact finishing times/yield now as I abused the plants (making many crosses with one ASH and one Shit male, this time not the perfect growing conditions). But I took clones and will grow them again. Next year outdoors as well.

Can´t give a smoke report at the moment.

grower62

Which phenotype is this? is my first Ash
Very slow flowering....:cool:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 74
ASH phenotype 1

Hi Catty!

I seems to be the tall lanky sativa like plant. Low yielding. Ammonium smell. Up high. Mentioned as "Phenotype 1" in my last post.

grower 62

Thanks, I must be patient...this is the most sativa plant I ever had ...Hopefully october-november time will allow me finish the flowering :confused:..
Regards from Spain.

This is one of the most vigorous plant I ever had... For the size of the pot (4.5 gal / 17 lt) is really big, 6.5 feet tall :eek: that size is a problem for me...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Cuánto le quedara a este monstruo???

I´m not sure when to harvest... any suggestion ? :D
Very mild fruity smell...

Last edited:
It looks like they are close to harvest. You probably want to wait until all of the pistils have died back.
Do you have a loupe or strong magnifying glass to check the colour of the trichs?

Amazing plants BTW

Thanks for your answer Barnflowers, is only one plant, the trichomes looks clear and milky perhaps 40/60% :confused: I don't see amber trich yet...

Now she start to smell a little bit more..

Saludos Paisano!

Hey Catty pleease give us some details of the smoke :)

I am currently growing one or two females, one looks like the frs pheno, the otherone looks more indica...although I´m not sure if it's a NL5xSk1...I have mislabeled... we´ll see.

Thank you mate

Fumeke :)

Back