ASH outdoors Oz

W

wanagrowbigbud

............................................................................................................................

Last edited:
Looking good,
I'll certainly be watching this one as ASH is my next serious outdoor project.
Keep it green,
TGM

Those plants look unbelievably healthy WG . The buggers are pointing. ASH , along with Nordle , Critical Mass and the Afghan x Haze are the Mr Nice strains that most pique my interest . I could imagine a gun Critical Mass x Afghan Haze home made cross as well as a Nordle x Afghan / Haze . ASH x Mango Haze , ASH x Bushy's Blue Mango, ASH x Ortega . Even ASH X Critical Mass would be interesting. The possibilities are endless mate. ASH x White Russian . Cheers WG , much appreciated mate .

These are really strong plants , I would have too say some of the most impressive growth I have ever seen at such a young age ... I have taken a bunch of the lower branches for cuttings, you can hardly tell the difference after a week.

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7591-000-0002.jpg

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7767-000-0004.jpg

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7766-000-0003.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Wow

Impressive growth! Just goes to show there's no light better than the sun!

If I may ask- are these popped from seed?

If so, did you veg them until they showed sex?

If so, how long did they veg before showing sex?

Very interested to watch these grow out! I've got CM and Ortega running right now with ASH and Nordle on-deck once some space is cleared.

Consider me SUBBED!

Keep up the great work Wana, these plants look beautiful!

Last edited:
Impressive growth! Just goes to show there's no light better than the sun!

If I may ask- are these popped from seed?

If so, did you veg them until they showed sex?

If so, how long did they veg before showing sex?

Very interested to watch these grow out! I've got CM and Ortega running right now with ASH and Nordle on-deck once some space is cleared.

Consider me SUBBED!

Keep up the great work Wana, these plants look beautiful!

Thanks CM !

I popped 4 seeds, 3 females 1 male

I originally started them in some potting soil after cracking the seeds, they did not look as happy as I thought they could look so I carefully brushed the soil off the roots and transplanted them in the hempy buckets, 1 week later they looked good... they never even showed stress from the transplant.

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7448-100-1497.jpg

They showed there sex at this stage, a couple weeks after the transplant
wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7516-100-1651.jpg

This is when I started leaving them outside at night (instead of bringing inside under 24/7 light) and presumed flower would begin soon like the other strains I have do.

Being part haze they may keep growing for a while before flowering ? They have showed no sign of slowing down in veg growth so may have to wait for the day light hrs to shorten for some flower action.

I will give them the space to grow as big they like ... they are also tied to a bamboo stakes because they started leaning to the side from being so heavy already.

We have long day hrs here so its looking good. I will keep track of the dates and times from now on .. been a bit slack in that department , always have been .... :p

Nordle and ortega are on my list too, I cant wait to start them, may even give ortega a crack very shortly :cool:

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7929-beans-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi wgbb
Looking right on track very nice
I usually start my outdoor stuff indoors under metal halide (sounds like a contradiction lol)
and force flower them to at least a month in and then put them outside.
This method is very variety dependent ie usually your quickest to flower and most stable (low Hermie incidence) will keep on flowering
I,ve had a few pure sativas have a dummy spit and revert but mostly yield and effect/finishing times are on par with plants that have not had to readjust
I also usually harden the plants up by gradually moving them from shady areas to eventually full sun after approximately 2 weeks
You just can,t beat the power of the sun
Happy growing KL:)

Cooking With Gas Mate!

Bloody hell WG , they look magnificent ! Talk about the dark horse. I reckon ASH might be Shantis most underrated strain. Ive never seen a bad report and the vigour is pretty bloody impressive. Much appreciated bro :D

GM1 hi mate, yes you are right, I am using his method and still disrespected him by antagonistic approach and regret my rude ways.

Public Apology to Hempy

I am sorry for rubbishing your name mate, hope one day it can be forgotten about, it wont happen again. It was uncalled for and rude.

Please forgive this newb :p

Your Hempy Buckets are awesome..

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7930-shit.jpg

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7921-ash-3.jpg

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7922-ash-4.jpg

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7928-ash-7.jpg

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7926-ash-5.jpg

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7931-ash-9.jpg

That's a lovely garden you've got yourself wgbb! They look glorious in the sunshine.

It must be amazing sat outside and being able to view your girls the way nature intended.

Wish i was sat next to you! I'd bring some critical haze to share ;)

Enjoy

Fijian

GM1 hi mate, yes you are right, I am using his method and still disrespected him by antagonistic approach and regret my rude ways.

Public Apology to Hempy

I am sorry for rubbishing your name mate, hope one day it can be forgotten about, it wont happen again. It was uncalled for and rude.

Awesome apology, awesome pics, and an awesome thread wgbb :)

ASH is the next on my list of must have Mr Nice strains

peace everyone

Public Apology to Hempy

wanagrowbigbud Apology accepted mate i dont hold negative feeling towards you and i will go as far as to say i know whos the cause of a lot of this and your not to blame any way lets move forward.

The plants are looking nice mate think your going to get some nice yields to look forward in seeing how things progress for you.

wanagrowbigbud Apology accepted mate i dont hold negative feeling towards you and i will go as far as to say i know whos the cause of a lot of this and your not to blame any way lets move forward.

The plants are looking nice mate think your going to get some nice yields to look forward in seeing how things progress for you.

Thanks Hempy, I would of understood if you did not want to accept that apology, as I was a being a smart #ss and it was completely out of line.

I'm stoked however that you have mate, and I'm sure that I will learn a lot from you over the next few years and look forward to it.

Thanks

Very impressive mate, I dont get to wander the forums that much, but I am glad I stumbled on your grow and great to see you and Hempy kiss and make up:D
Anyway cant wait to see these in flower.....I did the Ash last year but the rain didnt do it justice at all, but what I had was excellent.
Good growing mate and wishing u a great finish.

Healthy plants WG !

It's a love in mannnnnn :D Got my love beads on, I'm chanting and doing a hare Krishna dance while tossing rose petals into the air . Beats doing a week in the Mr Nice lockup anytime :rolleyes:
Great pics and extremely healthy plants WG , all credit to ya mate ! Are you creating a ginger catpiss pheno there bro ? :p . Much appreciated amigo and one question for ya .Do you reckon you will have to tie , stake, and or attach the buckets to the ground for when the plants are top heavy with buds ? I wonder how they will stand up in a blow once they are full on heading. Cheers dude :)

Mebbe besa bricks to replace the ones you've got now would be the go ?

Thanks Kanga :)

Hi BucketBong, pmsl, yes I need more bricks mate, Im keeping an eye out for some ... And I have been deep in thought about using stakes as a frame with string tie or a net to stick around the yard for the ASH

Mebbe besa bricks to replace the ones you've got now would be the go ?

Are you creating a ginger catpiss pheno there bro ?

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7928-ash-7.jpg

... and the ginger cat piss pheno, thanks for a good laugh mate lol :D :D

wanagrowbigbud-albums-pics-picture7768-000-0008.jpg

The little bugger spends all day 'tail rubbing' hash ... hash stuck all through his tail, its very hard to get out .... :D !

Thanks for the kind words Fijian Toker , Kanga, S13,CM, Cptn and TGM !

Cheers Guys :)

Last edited:
Nice thread on ASH !

Hello! Wannagrobigbud... I have grown this strain awhile back and loved her. I only had seven beans to choose from but the pheno I found was SPECTACULAR!!! The ASH has amazing smells and high. I will give her another go with more seeds to choose from in the future. Nice thread you have. peace, resinbud ;)

Back