ASH in the greenhouse. Finishing APRIL

YES, that's right. I have an ASH plant finishing in my greenhouse, it's April in the UK.

The plant is frosty and smells of the old days. A kind of fruity Northern Lights smell. Subtle until you move a branch or brush a bud, then musty dank stink.

I started her indoors (of course) but she is outdoors now and LOVING IT.

If I find a keeper I may pop a cut in the greenhouse this summer...you never know (she would have to be doing fucking well to oust my Critical Haze keeper, to be honest. Best goddamn indica/sativa cross I ever grew.)

Anyone interested in ASH? I got 8 girls from a pack and the first is starting to mature now, about 7 weeks in. All are shortish plants. 3 real phenos and a few in betweeners. All smell the same and look similar. Variation is between yield and finish times so far (bear in mind I've yet to smoke any...)

Grover the Sativa Believa

sounds nice grover done a few early forced outdoor plants in the past mostly due to no room indoor for them because of male female % of seeds. been able to do plants that mould up outdoor before they finish like that aswell. any pic you know they speak a thousand words.;)

I Love Experiments Especially Now The Days Are Longer

Sounds Interesting Grover S
I Have Had A Strain Called Daddy's Girl On My Deck For The Last 3-4 Weeks In A DIY Greenhouse , And It's Vegging Away Nicely.
I Also Am Revegging Some Early Haze Outside ( Sunrise 6.30 This Morning ) .
I Find This The Best Time Of Year To Revert A Flowering Plant Back Into The Veg Stage.
Are You Still Giving It 12 Hours Darkness ? . Or Are You Hoping It Finishes Without Reverting ?
I Don't Know How Phototropic ASH Is , But Wish You Well With Your Experiment
Joe:)

Attachments

• Reveg101- Humble Begginings-Rain.jpg
    Reveg101- Humble Begginings-Rain.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 19
  • MOAB_logo.png
    MOAB_logo.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Mad Farmer.jpg
    Mad Farmer.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 12-2010feb2010_0403(009).jpg
    12-2010feb2010_0403(009).jpg
    907.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 12-2010feb2010_0403(020).jpg
    12-2010feb2010_0403(020).jpg
    926.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 12-2010feb2010_0406(004).jpg
    12-2010feb2010_0406(004).jpg
    953.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 3155AK47xKalSquare-AK47x KalX-Aug07.jpg
    3155AK47xKalSquare-AK47x KalX-Aug07.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 3155LR-oneandtwo-junenightshot-Roun.jpg
    3155LR-oneandtwo-junenightshot-Roun.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 37
  • ActuallyCloningInsideBuddysBrain.jpg
    ActuallyCloningInsideBuddysBrain.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 28
sounds nice grover done a few early forced outdoor plants in the past mostly due to no room indoor for them because of male female % of seeds. been able to do plants that mould up outdoor before they finish like that aswell. any pic you know they speak a thousand words.;)

Hi brock1 ; Last Summer The Only Plant To Mould Up On Me Was The G13 X Skunk ( Non Mr Nice Seeds )
Despite The Rain Thats Common Here In Wales , I Have Rarely Encountered Mould , And Find Sativas To Be Almost Mould Proof
Even The AK X KalX Did'nt Mould Up Despite No Let Up In The Rain

Attachments

• Freebies From Dampkring- 5 Daddys Girl-Jan24.jpg
    Freebies From Dampkring- 5 Daddys Girl-Jan24.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Early Flowers- July23- G13 X SK1-Bulking Up.jpg
    Early Flowers- July23- G13 X SK1-Bulking Up.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 4
  • G13 X Stilton- Weather Ravaged -Aug 07.jpg
    G13 X Stilton- Weather Ravaged -Aug 07.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 4
  • Mouldn Oldie - Aug 5- G13 Relocated.jpg
    Mouldn Oldie - Aug 5- G13 Relocated.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 10
  • Zero Mould - Early Haze - Sept 28-09.jpg
    Zero Mould - Early Haze - Sept 28-09.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Just Remember- Its September-G13 Mould.jpg
    Just Remember- Its September-G13 Mould.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Oct 12 - Early Haze - Octobuds A Filling.jpg
    Oct 12 - Early Haze - Octobuds A Filling.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 27
Hi brock1 ; Last Summer The Only Plant To Mould Up On Me Was The G13 X Skunk ( Non Mr Nice Seeds )
Despite The Rain Thats Common Here In Wales , I Have Rarely Encountered Mould , And Find Sativas To Be Almost Mould Proof
Even The AK X KalX Did'nt Mould Up Despite No Let Up In The Rain

the mns g13xskunk sativa i grow last year never got any mould. it did get raped by thieves though before it was done:( it was one of the last plants to be done though chopped it just after Christmas what was left of it anyway. sa help me chop and smoke it because he was staying here stuck because of the snow. wasn't very good still seemed to have weeks left on it but no mould at all on it joe. it's always wet here if its not raining it foggy so maybe it was just the strain of g13xskunk you got or the indica phono:confused:

Phototropism

Hi brock1:)
You're Right About The Seed / Strain . It Was Given To Me As G13 X Cheese , So I Named It G13xSK1.
I've Also Grown Some Mr Nice SSH And Turkish Outdoors As Long As December ( Shortest Days Of The Year ).
However , This Time Of Year The Days Are Getting Longer , And Are Getting Longer At A Faster Rate Than Any Other Time Of The Year.
This Means That If A Plant Is Going To Reveg Naturally , Then This Time Of Year Is Best ( Nitrogen Supplied By April Showers, Etc,Etc ).
So The Possibilities Of A Double Crop Are There Should One Wish To Harvest And Continue On Til Dec21 ( Winter Solstice ).
Bud Growth WILL Slow As The Plant Becomes Accustomed To The Longer Hours Of Daylight , But Thats Fine If You're Doing A Double Crop/Harvest.
Any Plants I Have Inside After June 21 Go Outside And I Use My Growroom As A Drying Room
Plants In The Ground Are Covered With A Green Bin And Plants In Buckets Can Go Into Cardboard Boxes For 12 Hours ( Or Less , But Never More Than )
Lowryders Or Mighty Mites Being The Exception
Thats Why I'm As Keen To See How This Experiment Turns Out And See An Image Or Three
Joseph Of Eyeamanear:)

hey guys,

sorry for the delay. Much gardening to be done at this time of year...especially with a new shoulder! Wey-hey!

Attached are a few photos of the ASH. You can see she is a little indica beauty. The pot she is in is about 35 litres. They are from B&Q / Homebase and are perfect for sea of green, even indoors.

This plant and her sisters were given minimal veg, just a few weeks and are PERFECT sea of green specimins.

As you can see, she has a few weeks to go. I'm hoping that she is so far gone that she won't revert until the end of the month, by which time she will be chopped.. if I see she starts to grow I'll just cull her there and then.

If this works then next spring I'm gonna double up indoors and then bring half out into a heated greenhouse early march for a bonus crop finishing mid april. This should leave room indoors for the other half to stretch out just when they need to....I can turn off the heater when the weather is good (like now.)

This way I can avoid ruderalis and still get a bonus crop in the spring before I fill the greenhouse with my beautiful beautiful Critical Haze keeper (did I mention how good the Critical Haze is?)

Anyways, let's see.

Grovester

Attachments

• ASH1002.jpg
    ASH1002.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 77
  • ASH1003.jpg
    ASH1003.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 82
  • ASH1004.jpg
    ASH1004.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 181px-Mynameisgrover.jpg
    181px-Mynameisgrover.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 27
very nice grover. the first one i grow were from a plant i gave to a mate. don't know the exact breeding it come from a seed out of a bud what come with a very strange story not a really a nice one though. anyway i crossed it with a land race Swazi from Africa and the seeds of that are what this plant came from. i give it to a mate who lived next door who took cuttings from it then gave me it back late September ish. i put it on the window and only watered it and done nothing else with it as i had no room under light. anyway it whent in a old bird avery i used to keep canaries in before rat eat them. early march with translucent plastic over it. bud growth did stop before it finished flowering but it still ripen the buds it had and i cropped them as a early crop was a lovely smoke. then the plant regrow i took cutting from her then grow them under lights and left her in the ground for a summer crop. the last crop wasn't very good as the plant got a lot of mould on it. she gave me a lot of good buds from the first crop & the cuttings so was well worth growing.

Last edited:
Grover S ; Must keep This Short As I'm Late For Church .
Go Find Three Cardboard Boxes And Cover Nightly (8PM)
Remove Covers @ 8 AM
Otherwise I Can See Them Reverting In The Next Month Or Two ( Pre 21st June ).
It's Almost Effortless To Do And Ensures A Fully Developed Plant
The Longest A Plant Has Taken Me To Reveg Was Five Weeks ( Cheese )
Most Others Took 14-21 Days
Joe 90

Attachments

• BoxingATurkForTwelveHours-June19.jpg
    BoxingATurkForTwelveHours-June19.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Ali Baba - Single Leaf Sativa.jpg
    Ali Baba - Single Leaf Sativa.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Revegged Cheese - Aug08.jpg
    Revegged Cheese - Aug08.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 13
Good thoughts, I'm gonna do that.

Enjoy church. Say hello to the big man upstairs for me. I haven't been for a while and feel TERRIBLE about it....:eek:

hows she doing groover?
are the temps being fine for her??
peace
BL

I can't believe how lucky she's been. The weather has been unseasonably warm and sunny. She's even been out of the greenhouse and sunbathing on the lawn!
The sunny weather started more or less the day I put her out and hasn't abated since. She looks GREAT. Frosty and fat. Cola growing in all directions now. Resin glands very large compared to indoor versions.

I'll take a photo as soon as I can.

GrovASH Sativa

Why Not Reveg Her Considering She's Such A Fine Example ?
Just Increase N ( Powdered Ammonium ) And Rainwater
The Natural Light Leading Up To June 21st Will Do The Rest And You Will End Up With A Monster A.S.H
Just Leave One Bud On Her Come Harvest Time
Joe;)

Attachments

• Reveg101- Humble Begginings-Rain.jpg
    Reveg101- Humble Begginings-Rain.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 4
Actually, I chose her to go outside as she WASN'T one of the keepers. I found 3 wonderful examples of ASH - and she wasn't one of them.

I may reveg her anyway, just as an experiment. I'll she how she smokes first! One thing I noticed is that her resin glands have swollen real well since going outside..

Nothing To Lose

Actually, I chose her to go outside as she WASN'T one of the keepers. I found 3 wonderful examples of ASH - and she wasn't one of them.

I may reveg her anyway, just as an experiment. I'll she how she smokes first! One thing I noticed is that her resin glands have swollen real well since going outside..

This One Revegged Four Times In A Year ( Same Plant As Above ) ;)
I Just Find The Whole Practice To Be Nothing But A Bonus To Whatever I May Be Growing Indoors And Adopt A Low Maintenance Approach To All Outdoor O.A.P's ( Retirees )

Attachments

• Once-Twice-Four Times A Lady.jpg
    Once-Twice-Four Times A Lady.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 6
hey GS... im enjoying the grow very much... and ur inspiring me to use all these watts in the sky(i do indoor atm only)... Im glad the weathers going well:)

am very interested in the ash... was wondering if u could tell me a little about ur keepers and their characteristics... if it wouldnt be to much trouble a pic or two of ur keepers would be awesome to see.

alrighty take it easy everyone. peace.

This One Revegged Four Times In A Year ( Same Plant As Above ) ;)
I Just Find The Whole Practice To Be Nothing But A Bonus To Whatever I May Be Growing Indoors And Adopt A Low Maintenance Approach To All Outdoor O.A.P's ( Retirees )

I haven't had much luck re-vegging after flowering. Could it be that I use hempy bucket style instead of soil?

Here she is

hey guys - here's a few snaps for you to see the progress...remember that the bud growth seen here is purely down to our good old spring sunshine ...free'n'easy!!! This beats ruderalis ANY day of the week!!!Oh yes!!!

Grovash Sativash

Attachments

• ASH1008.jpg
    ASH1008.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 64
  • ASH1009.jpg
    ASH1009.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 39
  • ASH1010.jpg
    ASH1010.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 82
Back