Are there terpenes that have ukalyptus smell?

Indi

I've ran this pheno before,it's an early finisher at 8 weeks.Last time slightly it had a slight fruity smell,but this time every cutting of this phenotype has ukalyptus with background of mint.
I've had minty taste but never ukalyptus odor.
Anyone had or heard of any terpenes with halls cough drop smell?If a cola is lightly touched hand smells like halls with hint of mint.

I don't get so much eucalyptus but there is a faint Vicks menthol smell. Hope that helps.

Aloha braddah
M

Wait if you say you ran this pheno, you mean seeds?

Cause that would be the first I hear of a cut changing its terpene profile/expression of aromas :D

Indi was the first (fruity) time a seedplant? Did you change anything in your setup? Some plants express different terps in different setups. I used to run a Casey Jones that was haze spicy if grown in 75+ degree temps, but in the winter runs she got a verry berry flavor. My cheese would go stank in heat & sweet in the cooler temps. Could also be mislabeled clone ;)

As far as eucalyptus terps, I've never run MedMan/Rhino but I've gotten menthol/eucalyptus terps from a hashplant that I used to hold. Most of the grow was minty/mentholly/eucalyptussy, late flower brought out light pine & skunk. How far into flower are you with the cut? Think it may shift flavors between now & finish?

Some plants express different terps in different setups. I used to run a Casey Jones that was haze spicy if grown in 75+ degree temps, but in the winter runs she got a verry berry flavor. My cheese would go stank in heat & sweet in the cooler temps. Could also be mislabeled clone ;)

Damn, first time I heard of that but it does make sense I suppose.
Will keep a careful eye on this and experiment a little to see if my clones also would change their terp profiles depending on environment.
I likely will have much lower temps in the winter time (basement). Was planning to use this time to grow strains that could purple (like blueberry) but will run some cuts of my favs along to see how they behave in the winter.

had this plant once, hawai x maui wowi .. had the most badass menthol terpen profile, in that means that the more you came closer to the roach of the joint, the cooler the smoke would get and the more you could inhale

those are the signs of a good plant, if the taste is better at the end than in the beginning, but its also damn rare too ... sadly

The eukalyptus came at about week 6 in 12/12 right after I dropped floramicro.
They needed more N so I gave them more micro and the odor seemed to greatly fade.
First time they had a fruity floral smell after touch.
I'm not sure if dropping the micro helped bring out natural oils and aroma but next time I'll run micro just a few days longer so yellowing comes on time.

Back