• MrNice will have maintenance starting Tuesday, until Sunday. Update includes loading speed optimization, platform and plugins updates. Forum may be losed for few minutes intermittently.

Anyone using neem cake tea for gnats in coco?

CBDcure

I have been using Azamax with good results in coco.

I got some neem seed cake and applied it once with no negative results but don’t see a noticeable improvement.
Im using a heaping tablespoon per a gallon of water and let it sit for 24 hours.
If you have used neem cake tea with results against gnats how much cake per gallon did you use?

Azamax is expensive but it works great and I can use it mixed in with full strength nutrients and then drench the coco like a feeding.

A constant fan blowing across the exposed CoCo will cause havoc on the nasty bastards. Needs to be strong and constant. Yellow sticky traps and H2O2 spray...

I’m using a product called Gnatrol WDG .
It works really well and mixes in well with nutrients.
It’s bacillus thuringiensis (37.4%).
Teaspoon a gallon of nutrient or water keeps gnats from living.

Gnats are a symptom of an overly wet medium.
Try only watering with 10% of your pot/container size making sure to let the medium semi dry and the pot/container become lighter in between watering. You'll eventually fall into a rhythm with your setup, which will provide a stable moisture level to your plants without the gnats. Mine is about every two to three days depending on external temperatures..

It is my experience plants that have been inoculated with mycorrhizae early on are far better at this method..

Last edited:
Back