Any MNS strains high in CBG, CBN or THCv?

easty

As the title says, does anyone know if any of MNS have higher levels of CBG or CBN in them? Also keen to know if any have higher THCv in them too. Looking into these for a friend who's daughter suffers from upwards of 10-15 seizures a day.
Thanks heaps!

While many cannabinoids have been shown to be beneficial, most agree it is CBD that is the most important contributor. High CBD strains like ACDC, Harlequin, Charlotte's Web, Cannatonic have demonstrated great treatment success. In fact, the FDA approved CBD to treat severe forms of epilepsy. "CBD has the ability to suppress seizures thanks to the interaction between CBD and the endocannabinoid system... CBD is structurally similar to endocannabinoids... In epilepsy patients, CBD primarily interacts with CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the brain. This interaction improves the overall function of the endocannabinoid endocardial system, from which convulsions are significantly reduced... CBD also has anti-inflammatory properties for the patient. Encephalitis is one of the reasons epilepsy worsens, and thankfully, CBD can reduce this severity."
Trial and error is sometimes necessary to find the strain most suitable. For high CBD, CBD Therapy comes to mind. While pharma pushes Epidiolex, any 1:1 product should work. Give a look at CBDCrew.org for other CBD cultivars.

mu

The natural/inactive THCA (which is the fresh form of thc and not decarboxylated) is used where legal for epileptic children and has a longer history of human use than some of the newer discovered derivatives. It’s very potent as an anti-epileptic and doesn’t take any special plants.

CBN can be produced from either Mu’s recommendation of CBD or mine of THCA. I’ve no doubt that it is possible to produce CBG or THCv from some Mr. Nice seeds, but I personally don’t think it’s known or publicly shared.

Thanks heaps @musashi and @dioecious that is great info.
I agree Mu, CBD has been the most helpful so far and I think as more research is done into other cannabinoids, we'll find more that work particularly well for different things. The CBD spray I made for my friend's daughter who has cerebral palsy and lots of seizures, worked really well for a while but is starting to lose its effectiveness. I was reading a journal the other day that was talking about low doses of THCv (and to a lesser extent CBG), mixed with CBD, can enhance that effectiveness. They found in their study that one in 3 patients, their seizures stopped almost immediately when a spray dose of CBD/THCv was administered during a seizure event. The only issue with THCv is even if you find a plant that contains it (mostly African and Indian sativas from what I've learnt), it is in such low amounts that to make a distillate or crystalline form would take kilos to produce just 10g.
Anyway, I'll keep on investigating and if anyone has any info, I'd be super grateful if you let me know!

Cheers
Easty

Back