Any experience/opinions on whether or not cannabis use can affect antibiotics efficacy? Also, any tips or tricks on how to deal with diverticulitis?

Okay, I will speak to this from personal experience. First off, cannabis in general does not conflict with antibiotics, it is the other way around which I'll explain in a moment. But there are many types of antibiotics each with different requirements i.e. with or without food, other drug to drug interaction considerations, etc.; one has to consider and based on your own hypersensitivity to various substances.
I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease back in 2005. I struggled for several years, in fact I bled for over 8 months without letting anyone know bc I was so fearful and in denial. My doc was convinced I had intestinal cancer, a death sentence. Pharma had me on very expensive drugs for symptom relief and fkn doctors were preparing me for regular MRI's and a colostemy bag. So much ignorance and obfuscation from those fkrs. Not willing to live like this, I prepared for my departure but TG I stuck around! Post 2005-24 have been some of my best canna grows!
In moments of despair many find redemption and answers. I did. Fact is most of our immune system, health and energy are derived from our gut. Your gut's microbiome is most critical. Taking antibiotics destroys the beneficial bacteria in your gut thereby upsetting the body's equilibrium. Consider the following:
1. The body functions best and metabolic/chemical processes work more efficiently in neutral or slightly alkaline environments (just like most plants). Most diets are primarily acidic, promoting the wrong bacterial environment resulting in inflammation and the triggering of an autoimmune response. Your body works against you using energy trying to re-establish homeostasis.
2. As we age, intestinal motility slows meaning there are certain foods we can no longer eat bc our body has a harder time breaking it down. Large meals affect us adversely causing reflux.
3. High dose vitamin D is beneficial to gut health.
4. Cannabis has anti-inflammatory properties.
How did I resolve my disease state? Diet and exercise.
1. I stopped all inflammation causing foods for 2 years and let my body repair/reboot. I quit alcohol, sugar, caffeine, tobacco, vegetable oils, HFCS, milk and processed white wheat products during this time. They are all acid producing and potentially carcinogenic. The pantry and freezer were cleared out to reduce temptation.
2. I began juicing regularly and eating more greens and sprouts focusing more on neutral and slight alkalinity. I began drinking lots of water. I ate meals more frequently but portion size was reduced taking into account reduced motility.
3. I began taking 50,000 units 3x/wk of vitamin D.
4. I used aloe vera for it's beneficial polysaccharides.
5. I started taking CBD RS oil for intestinal pH and inflammatory benefits.
6. I exercised to keep core muscle strength critical in aiding peristalsis.
7. I slowly re-introduced some of those "bad" foods in moderation and anytime I started feeling low-energy (an indication of unbalanced microbiome and mitochondrial destruction) I backed off. I no longer use HFCS, tobacco, alcohol or coffee which are the worst offenders.
8. I got rid of all processed foods, foods with preservatives especially nitrates (bacon :cry:) and stopped eating out.
9. I fired my GI doc and avoid medical visits unless necessary which is rarely once I got a handle on my diet and it's positive effect.
10. I regularly read food labels.
I am sure I will think of other things to say but for now... As with plants so with the rest of nature. Don't take antibiotics to kill off the bad bacteria, change your diet to encourage benefical bacteria. I think it wise to take a break from cannabis from time to time. It does increase energy. Lots of water and saunas are very beneficial for purification. That's how I did it anyway. Once I changed my diet all problems went away, I stopped bleeding within the first week and my energy came back. In essence, I became more attuned to my body's needs. To be clear, I am not a doctor just sharing what worked for me. And alot of the knowledge gained did not come from the medical industry which I am glad I am no longer a part of; it came from common sense. Take care of yourself brah and wishing success in your healing.

mu

Almost bled out with a stomach ulcer almost 25 years ago. Gut biome was screwed. Was prescribed ranitidine daily, which I'm glad I didn't take as it was withdrawn a while ago as a cancer risk!

Got it sorted with lots of live & fermented foods (yogurt, Kimchi, unpasteurised cheese etc).

I'm happy enough to take an antibiotic if needed, but make sure re:up my guts afterwards.

Been back to work for about 3 weeks and all is great, I feel really good. Ive been seeing a naturopath, taking probiotocs and stuff, modified my daily smoothie accordingly (I nurse a large great smoothie up until lunch) as well as other meals. I'm on a low carb diet, just meat and veggies, maple syrup or honey only for sugar, no dairy, no grain or legumes whatsoever and squash instead of potatoes/sweet potatoes. It was difficult to break old habits like chips, chocolate etc, but after a couple of weeks I don't really have any cravings except the odd situational habits. My weight is what I always considered optional, lost 20ish pounds.

Its funny, I wound up doing stuff I wanted to get around to anyway, like this diet (pretty well paleo diet) because I got sick. I believe its very possible a part of me brought this on in order to get me back in shape.

I'm tooting my own horn on this because I think there are more of us on the verge of coming down with similar gut/intestinal problems than we realize. Its becoming common. I suspect that simply changing my diet to those foods (and as pesticide free as possible) , should satisfy most of my healing needs

Back