another question about yield

yggdrasil

In the yield descriptions for Ortega , Nordle and Nl#5/Afghan_sk, they mention
'due to its origins and particular parents'
I have just ordered these three strains and am hoping anyone with experience can give me a few clues.
Easiest way to maximise yield I guess is to chose a single cola pheno.
If I don't get issues with mould, then maybe run 1-2 stems per square feet, for maybe 8 weeks.
Or, I look for pheno that finishes in 6 weeks, slender cola, no lateral, all business.
Maybe run these up to 6-9 stems a foot.
So the description still has me intrigued.
Is the variation in yield possible due to the blending of SK, MLI and NLI? Can these plants produce magic puddings.
Or are there the possability of throwing up some garlic or big recessives from way back?
Would love to hear anyone's thoughts or experience.
Thanks

Hey Mr Y,
Having grown out Nl5xAf and Nordle I can give you my observations. Both of these lines have a very dense bud structure and heavy branching patterns. They can be easily trained to give an even canopy with a great concentration of long dense flowers. The result is a very high yield per area. Plant to plant both of these lines are very consistent in their structure, size and yields,
Im pretty sure Garlic bud isn't in their ancestry either. Critical mass and its family of strains is where you want to look for that.
Take care

Thanks.
So the key is management more than selection.
Was there much variation in bloom times for you to be able to select for(Nl#5/Afghan) or are they all pretty even?
I'll be able to answer myself in a cpl months.
Just wondering what I'm looking at when I start to dial it in.
Cheers.

Last edited:
I am sure that you would be able to get them to yield planting them single cola, thats just not the way i grow. There were some Nl5xAf that were quite early at 7 to 8 weeks but these are in the minority, the Af doms were all 9 weeks + IME. Lots of great smells and flavour in that line. They dont like the heat and dont strech much after being flipped. I hope that helps.
Take care

I'd agree on those flowering times for the nl5xafghan. I had a couple done at 8 weeks and one that went 10. I found them fairly uniform in growth, I like to grow bigger plants that have been topped. All plants had a good yield, better yield than the nordles I grew, but the nordle had better resin coverage. I've 3 nl5xafghan in flower now, only 3 females from 8 seeds this time round!

Back