Animal Spirits of the Fire

Mu, all the seeds I received back then are in the fridge and they are still in different colored straws and labeled with the strains name. I ordered 10 packs each of M.A.S.K. Nordle, Nevil's Skunk, NL5xAfghan and NL5xSkunk and I have never opened them to actually count an exact number of seeds of each strain because I don't open the containers until I plan on starting them. Holding them up to a light and looking through the straws I assume there's approximately 150-160 seeds of each varietal. The difference in sizes of the straws are completely different fwiw, some of the seeds are far larger requiring multiple fatter, longer, straws to fit them all inside. I spoke to Shanti a month or so back about them being in the fridge since 2009-2010 and he said it was probably a good time to germinate some and do a viability test to see what kind results come out of it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to give feedback on their viability until closer to the end of the year or next year at worst until I finally finish moving and have the ability to give them all of my love and attention. Generally, I start half of the seeds and leave the other half in case of A. catastrophic failure because no one is above reproach and B. If I find something I find very desirable, I like to have more seeds remaining to search through another round of females in hopes of finding something superior to what I have already found and to have access to test multiple male plants for breeding. Peace and good grows, Tric

Oh brah! I've read about those famed seeds but don't recall seeing a journal on the growing. Back in 2009, there was to be NASH, MASH, MASK, and QASE. NASH became Nev's Skunk, MASH became Angel Heart but I don't think anything became of the QASE (EQ x AfSk) or MASK (MK x AfSk). It would be nice to see them show up at auction lol.

10 packs! How many seeds is that and when will we see your grow? I would be interested in germination rates of 14 yr old seeds.

Here's the thread on the Kaze if you are interested:

Thanks for the share!

mu

So in the fridge and not in the freezer? If so, then I agree with Shanti- get those things going! And I do like your conservative approach.
Too bad you are delayed though. Now, I happen to know that there are quite a few members here who are willing to hold your beer while you get settled lol. Wink, wink, nod, nod. We could get them started for you in a matter of weeks. I mean, I have always wanted to try some 12 yr old Nev Skunk lol. Aloha brah!

mu

Yep, refrigerator. Probably should have stored them all in the freezer, but my plans initially were to start searching through them very quickly. Problem was 16-18 hr days 6-7 days a week leaves little time for projects that require such a significant amount of thorough devotion and somehow 12 years completely got away from me. I will hit you up on PM and see about getting some of the Nev Skunk sent your direction.

Back