Angel's Breathe - Jan 2020 Growth

Hello,

Hope you all have a great day !

I'm starting a growth of 8 Angels Breathe under an Optic8+.

Transplanted into soil after 1 week and into flowering after 5 days in soil. I'm waiting for the gender to appear to get rid of the males ...

Comments & critics welcomed, just phrase them nicely :D

Attachments

• 0 - germination (resized).jpg
    0 - germination (resized).jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 1 - germination (resized).jpg
    1 - germination (resized).jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 2 - Week 0 (resized).jpg
    2 - Week 0 (resized).jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3 - Week 1 - 1_3 (resized).jpg
    3 - Week 1 - 1_3 (resized).jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 3 - Week 1 - 2_3 (resized).jpg
    3 - Week 1 - 2_3 (resized).jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi there,

I was looking on AB too :)
Hope you end up with something tasty & all ;)

Will stay close for sure

Growing fast, but no genders yet ... Next week ?

Attachments

• 4 - Week 2 - 1_2 (resized).jpg
    4 - Week 2 - 1_2 (resized).jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 4 - Week 2 - 1_1 (resized).jpg
    4 - Week 2 - 1_1 (resized).jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 20
Zooo, we are slowly entering the third week of flo, and the plants are still "gender shy" ;)

But they grow like champ.

Cheers
DA

Attachments

• 5 - Week 3 - 1.jpg
    5 - Week 3 - 1.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 5 - Week 3 - 2.jpg
    5 - Week 3 - 2.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 10
Week 4 of flo is starting : we have 3 "coming out" : one guy and 2 gals ...

He's removed and rip.

Next check in few days.

Cheers

Attachments

• 6 - Week 4 - 1.jpg
    6 - Week 4 - 1.jpg
    639.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 6 - Week 4 - 2.jpg
    6 - Week 4 - 2.jpg
    836.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 6 - Week 4 - 4.jpg
    6 - Week 4 - 4.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 15
Small update at mid week 4.

Another male was found and eradicated ;)

All are fine except for one showing stains on 1 plant, 2 leaves only, and those leaves are not the lowest, or the oldest and they are located at middle height for the plant.

Is it something to worry about ? there doesn't seem to be any insects ...

Attachments

• 7 - Week 4+.jpg
    7 - Week 4+.jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 7 - Week 4+ stains.jpg
    7 - Week 4+ stains.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 26
So we are now in week 5, hurray ! :D

The plants are growing fine, most leaves are displaying a nice green.

However, the lowest leaves were somehow becoming a bit wilty, but as it could be due to the light feeding and my very soft water quality, I gave some CalMag to increase nutrient absorption.

If it doesn't work, I'll increase the feeding slightly.

I'm giving much less than what Advanced Nutrients recommends but as it's my first Haze growth and after all I've read on Haze being touchy, let's touch wood than all is fine for now.

There has been a "light accident" where some lights from outside the tent went in the grow room for 15 minutes, it happened 30 minutes after the light switched off, and I really hope it won't have stressed the plants.
What would you say ? any risks of hermies appearing after that incident ?

Otherwise, looking at the height difference, I thought at first that I was having 2 very different phenotypes but now I think that it could simply be because the taller plants are in 3L pots vs 1L for the 3 others.

I wonder if it would still help at week 5 to transplant in a bigger pot ? any thoughts ?

Cu l8er

Attachments

• 8 - Week 5 - 1.jpg
    8 - Week 5 - 1.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 8 - Week 5 - 2.jpg
    8 - Week 5 - 2.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 19
Week 6 is nearly there, and they look really good, with lots of flowers ... not perfect though ... some lower leaves were a bit flimsy.

Today we've transplanted one of the plant from a 1L air pot to a 3L.
The reason being that the plants staying in the 1L are quite small compared to their peers.

It should be an interesting experiment to compare plants in the 2 pots sizes and the "destiny of the transplanted" :cool: at harvest.

On the Led side, we've also started the UV/IR less, 50% power, so hopefully, they should get a bit frosty.

I wonder if they will still grow at this stage ? coz there's still some room before reaching a dangerous promity with the lamp, so if I decide to grow this strain again, I could easily let it grow 30 cm higher.

How many days of veg should I add to have a flowering heigth reaching 30 cm higher ? 1 week ?

Pics in few days. :D

Last edited:
Week 6 is nearly there, and they look really good, with lots of flowers ... not perfect though ... some lower leaves were a bit flimsy.

Today we've transplanted one of the plant from a 1L air pot to a 3L.
The reason being that the plants staying in the 1L are quite small compared to their peers.

It should be an interesting experiment to compare plants in the 2 pots sizes and the "destiny of the transplanted" :cool: at harvest.

On the Led side, we've also started the UV/IR less, 50% power, so hopefully, they should get a bit frosty.

I wonder if they will still grow at this stage ? coz there's still some room before reaching a dangerous promity with the lamp, so if I decide to grow this strain again, I could easily let it grow 30 cm higher.

How many days of veg should I add to have a flowering heigth reaching 30 cm higher ? 1 week ?

Pics in few days. :D

I'm followin' this! The leaves look pretty fat for a 50% haze although they do look like they're pretty tall. Have high hopes for this strain! Nice set up.

In order to have the plant 30 cm higher during flowering, i would veg for an extra 1-2 weeks depending on how fast its growing in veg. If its flying an extra week will do, if its a slower vegger, ~2 weeks.

kbonsai

Good point kbonsai : I will add 1 week veg but tbh I transplanted them directly under the flowering schedule after being slightly scared/nervous to read its stretching ...

If I like the taste I will grow it again and it seems already to be a very easy strain to grow for a haze ... :)

I've also tried some sort of defoliation/LST on one and it seems to react nicely.

How would that strain react to a heavy defoliation of the fan leaves ? ( while leaving all the sugar ones )
Do you have any experience ?

With such a short veg time, is it possible to "fim" the plant indoor without exceeding the tent dimension very fast ?

Few pics of the family :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 9 - Week 6 - 1.jpg
    9 - Week 6 - 1.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 9 - Week 6 - 2.jpg
    9 - Week 6 - 2.jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 9 - Week 6 - 3.jpg
    9 - Week 6 - 3.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 32
The pics ... starting week 7

Attachments

• 10 - Week 7 - 3.jpg
    10 - Week 7 - 3.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 10 - Week 7 - 2.jpg
    10 - Week 7 - 2.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 10 - Week 7 - 1.jpg
    10 - Week 7 - 1.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 48
The lower buds are looking same size as top.. very pretty looking.. thanks for fotos ))

Good point kbonsai : I will add 1 week veg but tbh I transplanted them directly under the flowering schedule after being slightly scared/nervous to read its stretching ...

If I like the taste I will grow it again and it seems already to be a very easy strain to grow for a haze ... :)

I've also tried some sort of defoliation/LST on one and it seems to react nicely.

How would that strain react to a heavy defoliation of the fan leaves ? ( while leaving all the sugar ones )
Do you have any experience ?

With such a short veg time, is it possible to "fim" the plant indoor without exceeding the tent dimension very fast ?

Few pics of the family :rolleyes:

Around 3-4 weeks into veg when the seedlings just start to put out the giant fans leaves, I use to chop these fans off because i felt like they blocked light from lower bud sites and I wanted to promote more side branching. I was doing this to most of my seedlings out of habit for a while. Looking back, I'm sure I was stunting/stressing the plant. Recently, I just left one Bubba kush x congolese like this after listening to a talk from Jeff Lowenfels "teaming with microbes" (great book 4 gardening, highly recommend) and he says removal of these fans which are solar panels will cause the plants stress and not really help at all. This plant that i chose to leave as is and not take fans from, is literally growing like jack's giant beanstalk lol. You may leave these initial big fan leaves, but overall I think minimal removal of leaves is best. I think these solar panels help take in energy for the plant and cause stress when removed. I use to do a good amount of defoliation regularly throughout flower as well. I am experimenting doing much less defoliation and will see how lower bud production is affected, looks great so far. I like sativas because most with the skinny leaves allow great light penetration. There may be some strains that prefer defoliation for one reason or another but for most, I think it slows down bud production due to stress.

Happy growing :)

kBONSAI

Thanks ! :)

After seeing a video about mainlining and if you consider than in nature, insects, rain and wind could all damage fan leaves, I do not hesitate much.

However I only remove few fan leaves at a time, and mainly to allow light where I want the growth of tips when topping/fiming, and during flowering to give ligth to flowering sites.

It doesn't seem to stress the plants that much : they're developing a lot of sugar leaves, that won't be touched.:cool:

New pics ... :D

Attachments

• 10 - Week 7 - 5.jpg
    10 - Week 7 - 5.jpg
    846 KB · Views: 37
  • 10 - Week 7 - 6.jpg
    10 - Week 7 - 6.jpg
    749.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 10 - Week 7 - 4.jpg
    10 - Week 7 - 4.jpg
    755.6 KB · Views: 37
Back