Angel Heart NFT

skunkd0c

starting at week 3 of flower
i'm sharing the space i have between angel heart the flav and Jamaican grape
angel heart taken over the space, out growing all the other strains, the flav is doing its best to keep up

i have 5 AH females 4 out of 5 lean toward mango haze in structure in varying degrees
the plants were grown for 4 weeks under 3x400w MH after germination
currently flowering under 3x600w HPS

12/12 started at about 1-1.5ft in height, the smallest pheno is around 4ft tall now
all the others i have tied over many times to keep them to 5ft tall

one of the plants has a tall mango like structure and branches out well but is developing buds quickly with overall thicker branches which seem less stretchy this one looks to be the best of both worlds so far

none of these pheno's are the same all quite different with an overall sativa structure apart from 1 plant
mostly tall and narrow column shape plants branches growing upright with few leaves

one of the plants seems like a pure mango its huge the branches are thiner and stretching out and intertwining into my next strain of plants
this thing looks like it could have a huge yield potential, as each branch develops many side shoots which could turn into mini colas themselves
this pheno seems perfect for scrog
the buds are all very young still all pheno's apart from the pure mango which is developing buds a little slower have resin straight away .. too early for any real smell yet, just an overall nice skunky smell

some pics below

things look a bit messy in the pics as the mango has taken over all the space its very hard to tell one plant from the next in the pictures ive cut out the Jamaican grape as they are growing at the far end of my room
there are 2 flavs from subcool hiding in these pics fighting for space the angel is not giving in at all :)

Attachments

• 3w2.JPG
    3w2.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 3w4.JPG
    3w4.JPG
    251.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 3w5.JPG
    3w5.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 3w6.JPG
    3w6.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 3wk.JPG
    3wk.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 3wk8.JPG
    3wk8.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 3wk9.JPG
    3wk9.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 3wk10.JPG
    3wk10.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 39
  • flav.JPG
    flav.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 74
  • ah1.JPG
    ah1.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 76
  • ah2.JPG
    ah2.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 61
  • ah3.JPG
    ah3.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 87
  • ah4.jpg
    ah4.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Hi skunkd0c,your plant's look lovely mate,there is some good yielding plants to be found in the AH but be ready for the odd hermie,mine started producing them from week 4 onwards so keep an eye out,good luck on the rest of the grow...ps.

Thanks for the replies ill keep my eye out for any signs of hemmying
thanks for that tip fingers crossed i wont have to deal with that

i have the ec at 2.2 i tend to run things as high as possible, ive not had any issues with burning

it looks like one of the plants i have is a nice balanced pheno so i am pleased with that its getting big but not crazy big like the pure mango pheno i have, and its forming buds close together quickly on fatter firmer stems compared to the others

even though the structure of most of these is very sativa/mango, now the buds are forming i can see the buds are showing nice signs of the Afghan skunk

i wanted something with a haze flavour but i really dont want to be growing for 12 weeks or more if i can help it, so im looking for something that will finish in 70 days max

ill post pics each week
everything is running fine i was a little worried about the height of these things, but now i have tied them up so much they are going no where,

its a waiting game now, the canopy is ready to fatten up, i should get alot of nice colas by the looks of things, there is over 40 branches at the top of the canopy in direct light tied in place

my lights were moved up again today, they are as high as they can go, i have tied so many branches over they seem to be keeping to around 5ft

i removed the males after 4 days of 12/12 after spotting male pre flowers on 5 plants i took cuttings from the remainder female* plants so i have cuttings waiting to grow out as mothers ill decide what cuttings ill keep after i take a few tester buds in 5 weeks time or so and see the overall yield, i doubt i will keep the pure mango type pheno or anything lower yielding as its just not practical for me
all of the phenos rooted well :)

Last edited:
4 weeks

buds are taking shape now, stretch finally over

pics at 4 weeks

any comments/questions feel free ;)

Attachments

• 4 weeks.JPG
    4 weeks.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 4weekz.JPG
    4weekz.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 53
  • ah best pheno keeper.JPG
    ah best pheno keeper.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 522
  • ah bestkeep.JPG
    ah bestkeep.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 40
  • ah keeper pheno.JPG
    ah keeper pheno.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 71
  • ah keeper.JPG
    ah keeper.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 68
  • ah shorty.JPG
    ah shorty.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 37
  • ah small pheno.JPG
    ah small pheno.JPG
    222.9 KB · Views: 49
  • ah smallest pheno.JPG
    ah smallest pheno.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 54
  • ah.JPG
    ah.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 31
  • ah4weeks.jpg
    ah4weeks.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 90
  • angel heart 4w.JPG
    angel heart 4w.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 45
  • mango phen0.JPG
    mango phen0.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 142
  • mango pheno.JPG
    mango pheno.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 31
  • mango phenotype.jpg
    mango phenotype.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 43
ive not had any issues other than controling the height
the mango haze pheno is just too big for my garden and will take too long to finish so im not keeping that one even when you tie over the heads/branches
the side shoots themselves contine to grow its a crazy thing not suited to my needs . but for someone that wants a huge monster of a plant i could easy see this plant making over 16oz/1lb each indoor with the correct training / screen and adiquate lighting intensity

i have narrowed it down to 3 plants that i will keep to run next time as clones
2 of the angel hearts and 1 of the flavs .. overall i am happy so far that i have some interesting genes that i can run next time as clones topped into nice bushes i cant wait to see them grow in that shape next run

lucky for me im in the uk so heat is only normaly an issue for the summer thats over now, a few of the branches i have left upright as they look too pretty to bend and are on the outer edges of the light overall they are around 12 inches from the light which is a little closer than i would normaly have my lights

my lights cant go any higher this strain has pushed my garden to the limits
i have an 800 mh3 extractor fan which is keeping the top of the reflectors pretty cool, with the lights at full height the lights are only a few inches from where the extractor fan is mounted so it seems to be coping with the heat

i have given these plants the same food at the same ec as any others i have grown ive not noticed them to be sensitive at all

ill keep the ec between 2.0-2.2 and bring it upto 2.4 in the next few weeks

i like to bring the ec up slowly starting at around 1.2 bringing it up by .2 steps until it gets to 2.0 at around when the buds start to appear then upto 2.4 full strength at the middle of flower

im use the vitalink range of food
vita link max a+b flower
vita link buddy (pk booster)
vita link bio-pac < i dont normaly use this bio stuff but i got it free so i thought what the hell cant do any harm :)

Last edited:
Few lights on pics at 5weeks :)

i can see a few phenos will be ready at 8-10 weeks, the mango pheno will be left behind all on its own for another 4 weeks after the rest are done

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 5ah.JPG
    5ah.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 72
  • 5w.ahJPG.JPG
    5w.ahJPG.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 5w.JPG
    5w.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 5weeks.JPG
    5weeks.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 5wsk.JPG
    5wsk.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 32
  • ahflv.JPG
    ahflv.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 29
  • as.jpg
    as.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 42
  • as2.JPG
    as2.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 149
  • flav 5.JPG
    flav 5.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 68
  • flav.JPG
    flav.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 47
  • flv.JPG
    flv.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 27
  • mh5.JPG
    mh5.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 76
  • sk.JPG
    sk.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 34
  • sk5.JPG
    sk5.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 102
outstanding!

Great work skunkd0c, thanks for posting. Will follow closely for final results ... I'm launching into Nordle right now, but AH is on my list of must tries!
best,
rabbit

Thanks for the kind words folks, they are looking nice now they have put some weight on :)

healthy genes from the start not had a problem with them,
a nice selection of pheno's all different but all vigorous growing
as long as you are prepared for the height i cant see anyone having any issues with this strain

the 4 pheno's of AH i got

1) afghan/skunk pheno this is the shortest plant but is not a compact type indica it still has larger internode space than a typical indica and is maturing quickly will be ready 8-9 weeks seems like a medium yield plant this one is the least interesting to me

2) pure skunk pheno looks to be as fast if not faster than the afgan/skunk
the skunk pheno will be a big yielding plant its making large pine cone shaped typical skunk looking colas allover it smells very skunky / lavender i like this plant alot it gets its resin fast and has a much better coating of resin than the afghan/skunk the colas develop fast and fill in quickly

3) mango haze pheno, looks like a pure mango haze, and its going to take 12-14 weeks, it is a beautiful plant, smells very sweet of peach/orange i wish i had more room to dedicate to plants like this
if i had the space i would give this pheno its own personal grow room!
but it is just too big and takes too long for my needs/space ..
it is a huge producer and will easy out yield most of the other phenos put together .. this is a very impressive plant ! (more of a small tree) lol

4) sporadic growing pheno i had an initial disliking towards this pheno as its growth was not even like the others, it had funny growth spurts in veg and grew very straight looking leaves at the edges. it was always totally healthy but just looked different/odd
since it has been in flower it has turned into a resin monster with very tall resin glands that can clearly be seen with beautiful haze looking swollen buds with a look of many pistils coming from the same calyx climbing upward i think it will foxtail alot pretty early
its not going to be heavy yielding but its very interesting this one should be ready in 9 weeks or so
i think maybe this pheno is the one that shows some signs of all the genes in the mix
the buds have very little leaf it has a citrus orange smell, not as sweet as the mango pheno

i cant wait to smoke all of them :cool:

Last edited:
some pics at 6 weeks, they have had a really nice growth spurt from weeks 4 to 6 they have changed a fair bit .. all is going well they are starting to fill in

101.jpg

102.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

108.jpg

110.jpg

132.jpg

27.jpg

6weeks1.jpg

some close up shots in next post :)

thanks folks ill update again at 8 weeks :)

Edit: the afghan skunk pheno that seemed pretty boring during the early stages it's the smallest and lowest yielding of all the phenos,
has now at weeks 5-6 started to produce a very pungent smell of fuel/petrol that dominates the skunk smell to just a slight undertone, i wasn't expecting this type of smell from this strain
i have grown diesel strains in the past that had a similar smell but not as powerful as this, now this one has become that bit more interesting
this seems like a 1 cola type plant it makes a nice top cola but doesn't develop much on its few other branches, more suited to a sog lolipop type grow to maximize the yield :)

Last edited:
thanks folks ill update again at 8 weeks :)

Edit: the afghan skunk pheno that seemed pretty boring during the early stages it's the smallest and lowest yielding of all the phenos,
has now at weeks 5-6 started to produce a very pungent smell of fuel/petrol that dominates the skunk smell to just a slight undertone, i wasn't expecting this type of smell from this strain
i have grown diesel strains in the past that had a similar smell but not as powerful as this, now this one has become that bit more interesting
this seems like a 1 cola type plant it makes a nice top cola but doesn't develop much on its few other branches, more suited to a sog lolipop type grow to maximize the yield :)

Fantastic news on the fuely skunk pheno Skunkdoc. The thing about all these famous clone only strains is that they could be nothing more than a single plant displaying a rare wonderful combination of traits.
You may have found something really special there.
Hope you have cuts to carry it forward.

Love the suggestion of Angel Heart as a SOG plant.
Don't make us wait till week 8. How are they doing now?

Fantastic news on the fuely skunk pheno Skunkdoc. The thing about all these famous clone only strains is that they could be nothing more than a single plant displaying a rare wonderful combination of traits.
You may have found something really special there.
Hope you have cuts to carry it forward.

Love the suggestion of Angel Heart as a SOG plant.
Don't make us wait till week 8. How are they doing now?

I have taken a few test nugs from the most developed pheno's to give me some idea of the flavors i am likely to get i know this is only a rough guide, as only a fully mature fully cured nug will give the true flavor .. but i am rather impatient , and i need to arrange my mother plants so i know which pheno's i am likely to keep i only have room to keep 2 of these pheno's . i wont comment on the high, as its too early, and i have been sampling too many types at once to separate them

the skunk pheno, although it smells very skunky, the flavour is quite hazey its a medium to strong haze flavor with a grape like smell flavor no skunk flavor at all i was quite suprised by this .. this will get sweeter with full maturity and a cure im sure, its the best all round commercial haze tasting pheno, i will be keeping this one, as it is a good producer with a well pronounced haze type flavour packs on the weight and develops nice and early the taste and smell of this is quite similar to other haze strains i have grown i should rename this one, the commercial haze pheno

the afgan skunk pheno still smells strong of petrol, the taste of the buds is pretty mild, skunky slightly hashy, from the extreme smell of this one, i am suprised the flavor is pretty mild, this is low yielding too, this pheno would of been best for SOG as it only makes good yield on its main cola, all the other branches do not make large colas
i have removed the cutting/mother i had of this one, i will not keep this

the mango haze pheno is not developed enough to take any test nugs yet
this one smells so nice though pure fruity smells more on the apricot / peach side with little weed smell at all
this plant is amazing, makes me want to buy mango haze and get a bigger grow room, i know i could grow it small but it is naturally so big and vigorous
i would only want to grow this as it should be, a huge tree .. in the future when i have more space ill see this again that's for sure:)

the sporadic pheno, is easy the clear winner on this early flavor test
this plant is medium yielding the buds indica looking although the plant structure itself is very sativa looking quite tall , the buds are tight with few leaves in the bud this one makes more light green colour buds than the others and with pink pistils popping out of nicely swollen calyx .. all the other phenos have regular brown/orange pistils

sporadic pheno also has the mutation/cannabis chinensis trait where bud starts growing out the center of the fan leaves

this plant was always healthy despite it being a little odd in growth patterns and the edge of the leaves are serrated like normal but the overall shape at the edge of the leaves is straight not rounded
this pheno grows nice tight colas at the end of each branch, but the coals do not go that far down the branches, this plant will grow best topped to produce as many colas as possibe at the top of the canopy, with all the lower growth removed i can see the yield of this one being ok if grown like this

sporadic has a very strong flavor of orange with a slight hash/spice and haze taste in the background, the orange flavor is very nice, the orange zest leaps off the tongue .. reminds me of orange boiled sweets or orange chewy sweets the orange zest to it lingers in the mouth such a deep flavor,

i am very impressed with this one already, and have re-arranged the colas so this one can get more light and yield as much as possible .. its just a shame its not higher yielding , although i will be able to improve its yield as a clone, when i grow it topped and packed into the space next time round
this one can only get better as it fully matures and the buds are cured it wasn't necessarily the type of flavor i was expecting from this strain, only slightly hazy, but its very nice .. i can tell already its that kind of weed you just cant stop smoking as it leaves such a sweet orange mouth watering fruity taste after smoking you just want more ..
i guess it could quite easy be tangerine or mandarin rather than orange that would make it sound more unique, but it doesn't need any name gimmicks
sporadic orange haze .. ftw lol :)

Last edited:
Quick pic update at 7 weeks

close ups of my fav pheno sporadic orange this plant looks very pretty now with its lime green buds full of crystals with pink pistils popping out :)

7W1A.jpg

7W1B.jpg

7W43.jpg

709.jpg

7WJPGJPG.jpg

711.jpg

7W12JPG.jpg

7WJPG.jpg

7W54.jpg

7W13.jpg

7W221.jpg

7W3.jpg

7W30.jpg

7W4.jpg

Last edited:
few more

7W46.jpg

7W3.jpg

7W48.jpg

7W76.jpg

75W.jpg

test nug review of this pheno the sporadic pheno, is easy the clear winner on this early flavor test
this plant is medium yielding the buds indica looking although the plant structure itself is very sativa looking quite tall , the buds are tight with few leaves in the bud this one makes more light green colour buds than the others and with pink pistils popping out of nicely swollen calyx .. all the other phenos have regular brown/orange pistils

sporadic pheno also has the mutation/cannabis chinensis trait where bud starts growing out the center of the fan leaves

this plant was always healthy despite it being a little odd in growth patterns and the edge of the leaves are serrated like normal but the overall shape at the edge of the leaves is straight not rounded
this pheno grows nice tight colas at the end of each branch, but the coals do not go that far down the branches, this plant will grow best topped to produce as many colas as possibe at the top of the canopy, with all the lower growth removed i can see the yield of this one being ok if grown like this

sporadic has a very strong flavor of orange with a slight hash/spice and haze taste in the background, the orange flavor is very nice, the orange zest leaps off the tongue .. reminds me of orange boiled sweets or orange chewy sweets the orange zest to it lingers in the mouth such a deep flavor,

i am very impressed with this one already, and have re-arranged the colas so this one can get more light and yield as much as possible .. its just a shame its not higher yielding , although i will be able to improve its yield as a clone, when i grow it topped and packed into the space next time round
this one can only get better as it fully matures and the buds are cured it wasn't necessarily the type of flavor i was expecting from this strain, only slightly hazy, but its very nice .. i can tell already its that kind of weed you just cant stop smoking as it leaves such a sweet orange mouth watering fruity taste after smoking you just want more ..
i guess it could quite easy be tangerine or mandarin rather than orange that would make it sound more unique, but it doesn't need any name gimmicks
sporadic orange haze .. ftw

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics mate, much appreciated and mouth watering to boot.

Few more pics lights off week 7
i have separated the pics into the phenotypes i have

7W.jpg

AS.jpg

Afghan/skunk pheno (angel heart)

AS3.jpg

AS4.jpg

CHAZE.jpg

skunk/commercial haze pheno (angel heart)

CH12.jpg

CH1.jpg

CH6.jpg

OR1.jpg

sporadic orange haze keeper pheno (angel heart)

ORG6.jpg

OR02.jpg

OGe.jpg

ORG29.jpg

ORG31.jpg

ORG3.jpg

last the pure mango haze pheno, this plant could quite easy out yield all the other pheno's put together , an amazing plant :cool:

sativa pure mango haze pheno (angel heart)

MH3.jpg

MH8.jpg

MH2.jpg

MH17.jpg

MH.jpg

MH0.jpg

peace :)

Back