An interesting article on Mental health and PTSD....

shantibaba

Breeder and moderator
Cannabis can benefit physical and mental health in myriad ways by tapping into our body’s highly connected, balance-seeking endocannabinoid system. It can also cause harm. But in some cases, researchers find no effect at all, also known as a null result. This can be due to a true lack of effect, or simply to the particulars of the study’s design – and discerning between the two is a key function of science as an iterative, evolving practice.

Three recent papers serve as enlightening examples: one evaluating the effect of smoked cannabis on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptom severity; one reviewing the link between cannabis-derived cannabinol (CBN) and sleep quality; and one testing CBD as a treatment for arthritis pain. None of these papers report evidence of positive or negative outcomes. But they still play a part in the larger scientific process by building upon previous research and informing subsequent inquiries.

CANNABIS & PTSD
Rick Doblin of MAPS fame serves as senior author of a paper published in PLOS One

earlier this year describing the first randomized, placebo-controlled trial of smoked cannabis for post-traumatic stress disorder. Better known for his work with MDMA, or ecstasy, the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies founder and executive director here investigates the potential of three different types of smoked cannabis (THC-dominant, CBD-dominant, and balanced THC/CBD) to treat PTSD – and finds none better than an inactive placebo. But that still doesn’t mean cannabis won’t help; it just means that among the 80 study participants, all active cannabis users, expectations about cannabis’ effects were statistically as powerful as any additional benefit derived from actual exposure to THC and CBD during the study. Moreover, “Given the topical nature of the current trial and its relevance for public policy on medical cannabis, participants might have been biased to report positive effects regardless of condition,” the authors write. “Additional well-controlled and adequately powered studies with cannabis suitable for FDA drug development are needed to determine whether smoked cannabis improves symptoms of PTSD.” After publication of the PLOS One paper, MAPS received $13 million from the state of Michigan for a “Phase 2” cannabis/PTSD clinical trial involving 320 military veterans.

“Additional well-controlled and adequately powered studies with cannabis suitable for FDA drug development are needed to determine whether smoked cannabis improves symptoms of PTSD.”

Hi shanti, thanks for bringing this up, I am diagnosed with Complex-PTSD - My experience with weed started out as recreational but as I withdrew more due to how PTSD affected me my friends and family I took the time to analyse what worked best and the best times I had were when I was high but only with certain strains. I started reading and planning to grow my own because all that's available in my neck of the woods is Cheese or some Skunk variant now, they're great smokes but some of them can make me very irritable more than the PTSD - fast forward a few more years and after quick trips across the channel to the Dam smoking a few strains finding what worked and what didn't while growing my own it's a very narrow field...

I really like Amnesia it stops the wandering thoughts, the invasive thoughts, the forced image flashbacks and keeps me on an even keel - now some of these Amnesia crosses can make you feel like you've been slapped hard and keep you sat in one place I like them for when I'm not doing something other than on the PC or TV - some of them such as the Amnesia Gangster found at cafe Amnesia really allow me to function on a level I can't when I'm sober it gives me a great energy without taking me in to a "hyper" or manic state like my methamphetamine use did.

I've gone through a few different strains over 20-22 years and I'm now at the stage with my growing where I feel comfortable enough to nail a grow (even a haze one) and take on a bit of seed making and learning how to find what I want in the progeny to cross back and stabilize a selection (I am also keeping a Nursery going but you of all people know what it's like to lose mother/father stock) to preserve and prevent any set backs.

The whole process of cultivation has also massively helped with my PTSD as it's given me a focus and a path to follow where as I've been lost with everything else for a long time due to not being able to hold focus or relax to the point I can become fully absorbed in.

I dislike these trials because while they analyse the individual all the data goes into a collective as an excuse to treat all people the same way.

We're all individual, we all are different we all respond differently to inputs be they organic or whatever.

P.S. do you run any work/life experience programs for budding horticulturalists and/or people generally trying to find their way in life? :)

Oh not just pstd and weed. They gave soldiers who returned from wars several drugs and they were able to talk and show emotions where they started to heal (from stuff like ptsd).
Many roads to Rome but many crosses to bear on our way there.

I have been a MAPS supporter for a very long time. I am glad to see them continue their research and publish their results even if they are not what they were hoping they would be. The study has some major flaws, mainly being that they did it with people who were already using cannabis to treat PTSD.

They fund a lot of research into using psychedelics for treatment of a few different things. This is mainly in an effort to legalize them for medical purposes, mainly psycho-therapy based.

I firmly believe that psychedelics are the heart of all major religious sacraments and a disconnect with spirituality is major cause for societal/human issues today.

I support the ability for humans to have peak religious experiences and I feel it is one of the best therapies for the human condition. I believe the illegality of psychedelic substances is one of the biggest issues we face today and that legalizing them and allowing their use for medical psychotherapy and religious use is the noblest cause I can fight today.

I firmly believe that psychedelics are the heart of all major religious sacraments and a disconnect with spirituality is major cause for societal/human issues today.

I support the ability for humans to have peak religious experiences and I feel it is one of the best therapies for the human condition. I believe the illegality of psychedelic substances is one of the biggest issues we face today and that legalizing them and allowing their use for medical psychotherapy and religious use is the noblest cause I can fight today.

Absolutely, it's much easier for them to control us when we're irrational and can't see the forest for the trees.

Great post.

They not illegal, the wankers lied to us. They knew that we are fucked without land and plants, shelter, nutritionally rich foods, medicine, fire, fresh water, etc, and the knowledge that goes with it... passed down generations... accumulated exponential knowledge of it... or not...... these all enhance spiritual connection to mother earth and fellow humans, the stars, the universe, this experience we call life, evolution, etc, etc.

They knew that without land and plants, our souls would be broken and they could make us their bitches, slaves, and tax the crap out of us.

Unfortunately for them, it is spiritual, and you reap what you sow.

One problem is that many people are easily pleased with a turd, or should i say some materialistic piece of crap versus say something truly valuable that make you rich for generations like say land and seeds and knowledge how to turn them into riches.

There is land everywhere, yet how many people of the globe are homeless or rent for their lifetime? lots, this is ridiculous, rise up people. We are paying inflated exuberant for land that already exists. From who? Landlords? Lords of the Land? Then do you ever really own that land? Tax, tax, tax, and for what? Where is all the money going? It goes to support the inefficiencies, to create jobs, to create a tax haven. For who?

Most are mortgaged.... Why do banks need more money? Money does not matter to those that print it.

If the governments cared they would have massive seedbanks and seed production, economies of scale, and big focus on education of plants and benefits of, and divide all the masses of land up and repatriate the people with a piece, for peace.

We've been brainwashed scarcity and fear and all over the world there is easily preventable poverty, disease and sickness.

No wonder there is PTSD and dysfunction everywhere.

There is an abundance of richness out there in the world waiting, wanting, to be claimed.

Reclaim your piece of land and grow as many plants you can, learn about them and teach your children well.

On the PTSD, im no expert so i wont profess to be.... its on a spectrum from mild to severe.... not sure how those that went to war, most likely to be on the severe end of spectrum, will ever get over the trauma of war, and those that have never been will never really know the feeling of that trauma because they did not experience it themselves. The only way to get over it is to desensitize yourself from it and that would be to dehumanize yourself, to be soulless.

I did not go to any war and very happy I did not go to Afghanistan, what a joke the withdrawal and the Taliban takeover FFS, I would be so pissed off if I had gone, pissed off at those in leadership roles at how that operation was conducted. If the war itself didn't give me PTSD enough the exit would have made sure. With all the resources those Generals and commanders had at hand I bet I could destroy up the Taliban in 12 months,.

Consume the Cannabis and feel good, do like so. Consume the Cannabis and feel less, leave it be.

Last edited:
With all the resources those Generals and commanders had at hand I bet I could destroy up the Taliban in 12 months,.

Was a difficult fight when you had them doing the same as the Viet Cong dispersing amongst the civilian population and hiding like cowards.

They would literally bait patrols in to firefights and foot chases by using their farmland to open fire, run a track they knew and wait for the IED to go boom while having a cup of tea or some food with the wife and kids pretending like he's been home all day.

Was a difficult fight when you had them doing the same as the Viet Cong dispersing amongst the civilian population and hiding like cowards.

They would literally bait patrols in to firefights and foot chases by using their farmland to open fire, run a track they knew and wait for the IED to go boom while having a cup of tea or some food with the wife and kids pretending like he's been home all day.
So they have not evolved much strategy-wise since Vietnam? with all that high-tech? wow. if they had spent the last 19 years working on intel and a strategy to actually win, and the past 12 months engagement of Taliban targets, while segregating the civilians for safety, i think they'd have a better chance. I have seen many coverage of Taliban from various sources in large groups of 1000's of them chanting their bs death to us all. they the places to target instead of runing through the local village dodging fred the farmer and bob the builder and all those IED's to find Taliban Ted. but really i know not much and have been wrong many times.

How much ganja did those in charge consume before engagement? serious, will assist providing profound insight. Maybe that's another reason why the Taliban won, take the time to get high and reflect and refine strategy and operations?

i feel lucky to not be caught up in it all, but feel for those that are, it's a dire situation.

Last edited:
while segregating the civilians for safety

Good luck with that (y)

So they have not evolved much strategy-wise since Vietnam? with all that high-tech? wow.

It's not like shooting fish in a barrel.

if they had spent the last 19 years working on intel and a strategy to actually win

Intel is a difficult thing when disinformation and misinformation are involved, they didn't exactly win any hearts and minds early on - they alienated elders of the tribes who probably didn't want them on their land in the first place, these were people that worked together against a Democratic Republic and endured the Russian invasion in 1979. (this is when the afghan hash started to dry up which Howard mentions)

Afghan Experience of War, no noobs.

but really i know not much and have been wrong many times.

Then why comment on matters you clearly haven't much clue about? You make it sound like a game.

I can't see why anyone would align themselves with any bias when they don't have 100% of the facts or haven't even experienced the subject first hand. 🤷‍♂️

Then why comment on matters you clearly haven't much clue about? You make it sound like a game.
I can't see why anyone would align themselves with any bias when they don't have 100% of the facts or haven't even experienced the subject first hand. 🤷‍♂️
Righto boss, clearly you don't know what I know or why I say what I say, like most. L8tr m8 you chat it out with the experts and i will fk off... good luck with your voted leaders taking 20 years to loose against taliban... sounds like they making a game of it...

democracy. but the people are retarded

Last edited:
also, when using cannabis medicinal, I would not let first timers (of daily use) be the only guideline. A lot of people respond bad to cannabis, but would they respond equally bad when given the right strain and dose?
Imagine buying weed of the streets with thc up to 30%, for a first timer looking into medicinal cannabis. That might end up in a horror report whilst when given a stran with lowet thc and high cbd might be a good report.

These bad experiences get maxed out and the actual benefits from marijuana are pushed out if sight to avoid publicity which admits politicians were wrong. Illegal cannabis is what’s been giving bad results and experiences, but the more legal cannabis is, the more its medicinal properties are brought back into existence. Illegal cannabis is set for recreational use, legal cannabis is set for medicinal use. So why them politicians stripping us from our God given rights?

Legalize the ganja

L8tr m8 you chat it out with the experts and i will fk off... good luck with your voted leaders taking 20 years to loose against taliban

There you go again with biased aspersions, do I vote? no I'm far too removed from all that which is why it's easier to observe and maintain balance.

Your aggressive nature only reveals your ignorance.

@Cannalicous I believe the benefits of Cannabis are found with tolerance and daily use which comes over time much like your poisonous pharmaceuticals and their SSRIs, Anticonvulsants and whatever else they invent that doesn't do what it's supposed to but does help treat this funnily enough - western medicine is great in some cases but needs to get back in touch with it's holistic roots.

There you go again with biased aspersions, do I vote? no I'm far too removed from all that which is why it's easier to observe and maintain balance.

Your aggressive nature only reveals your ignorance.

My biased aspersions?.. quiet the vocabulary wise one... look in the mirror mate...

You think from what I said that I think the war is a game? wow? just fucking wow!

Can you not handle a simple discussion without making biased aspersions? smoke more ganja mate.... or just carry on as you are haha...

did i say specifically YOU vote? or maybe you think I said YOU meaning more generally?

"I'm far too removed from all that which is why it's easier to observe and maintain balance.".... Give yourself a pat on the back chief, what a champ, you the man! so wise and inspirational.

"Your aggressive nature only reveals your ignorance."... so who's attacking who? c'mon you tough keyboard warrior with your philosophical zen bollocks.... point the finger at me but need to look in the mirror.... these just a few words on a computer screen, oh so aggressive, what's your oestrogen/progesterone : testosterone ratio? might need to dose up the testosterone?

but yeah im ignorant... 1+1 = 5

what else you got? bully me like you mean it, i love it, bring it, im smarter than you will ever be, bite me...

now go have a shave and clean yourself up boy

Last edited:
@Cannalicous I believe the benefits of Cannabis are found with tolerance and daily use which comes over time much like your poisonous pharmaceuticals and their SSRIs, Anticonvulsants and whatever else they invent that doesn't do what it's supposed to but does help treat this funnily enough - western medicine is great in some cases but needs to get back in touch with it's holistic roots.
Amen.
Well Israël has performed many research (and honest genuine peer reviewed science) on cannabis and it is proven beneficial on medicinal level. But there are specific strains per illness that help better then one and another. Something about the terpene profile, level of thc and cbg, cbd etc. So there needs to be a whole lot more research on which strains each diseases requires or the effect may be nullified when using a random strain.
A lot of countries simply refuse to expand this research and claim there is no research the same time. But there are living testamonies declaring a pattern of being cured by cannabis. Chemo doesn’t cure each cancer too, but that doesn’t stop us from trying and fighting, right?

So when somebody is about to treat depression, ptsd etc with weed, I believe it can be done; but I think the thc should be balanced out with a broader spectrum of terpenes to make it comfortable for people not knowing where they get into. As long as weed is criminalized, it will never be used for what it was intended to be.
Paper, furniture, medicine, clothes, fuel, endless other possibilities.

Back