Alternative methods for overwintering cannabis?

If you are good at cloning, then a shelving unit can hold many mother plants. the metal ones have many lengths of vertical pipe for shelving height.look at the picture MNS has of the shelving units of clones/seedlings on the instagram for an idea. you can keep moms small, only capable of producing 20-30 a time easily in a 5 gallon pot. also, if you build a greenhouse for little plants in the spring, I cant recomend enough a heater. I am in michigan, a little futher south than you as our average cold ass winter night is 15 degrees, with the ocassional drop to -5 when nature hates us.
If city ordinance wasnt in the way for me, I already would have had a rather large heated greenhouse for all year vegetables.
Thanks for all that bro. I'm currently trying to figure out how to pull off something indoors. There is some really good info here on raising bonsai mothers that I would apply

On another note, along those lines... I can't find it for some reason, but I thought I saw someone mention keeping root balls in the fridge, does that ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks for all that bro. I'm currently trying to figure out how to pull off something indoors. There is some really good info here on raising bonsai mothers that I would apply

On another note, along those lines... I can't find it for some reason, but I thought I saw someone mention keeping root balls in the fridge, does that ring a bell for anyone?
your welcome! LEDs, Light movers, and shelves. if you can make the space for a 4x8x6 foot grow tent, you can get a pair of 450w white w/ added red leds and light movers, and some 2x4's and some 4x8 plywood. you build a 3 foot rectangular cube in the tent, put the 4x8 plywood on it, attach the grow light to the plywood and then put thick plastic on the plywood for a water stopper. now attach the other mover on the top of the tent frame, mount the lights, plug in them and the motors, vent it up, and you have 4x 16 feet of grow space for clones, seedlings, and plants up to about a foot and a half tall. you can build it to 4 feet tall in the tent, and the top area can be for clones and red cup size plants, and freshly potted into 1 gallon size plants. you could in theory flower less stretchy ladies in the bottom chamber. I was gonna do that w/ my tents but decided to use my winter flower room as a veg room, and the tents as overflower if flower gets to stretchy.

your welcome! LEDs, Light movers, and shelves. if you can make the space for a 4x8x6 foot grow tent, you can get a pair of 450w white w/ added red leds and light movers, and some 2x4's and some 4x8 plywood. you build a 3 foot rectangular cube in the tent, put the 4x8 plywood on it, attach the grow light to the plywood and then put thick plastic on the plywood for a water stopper. now attach the other mover on the top of the tent frame, mount the lights, plug in them and the motors, vent it up, and you have 4x 16 feet of grow space for clones, seedlings, and plants up to about a foot and a half tall. you can build it to 4 feet tall in the tent, and the top area can be for clones and red cup size plants, and freshly potted into 1 gallon size plants. you could in theory flower less stretchy ladies in the bottom chamber. I was gonna do that w/ my tents but decided to use my winter flower room as a veg room, and the tents as overflower if flower gets to stretchy.
I can see all that in my mind, great idea for an efficient setup. Do you have a picture of this arrangement?

I can see all that in my mind, great idea for an efficient setup. Do you have a picture of this arrangement?
I do not as It never got built. w/ the leds I was able to take my large winter only(HPS = hot) flower room, and turn it into a veg room, and run my old veg room as a second flower room. I just had 1 light mover in a tent w/some ply wood on milk crates. and never utilized my underspace.

def a inside job if it is hitting -15 lol, i am in canada as well, i just brought in my master kush and afghan kush plants, they have been outside since the first week of december lol, we got snow today so they had to come in, so all i do is leave them in the back room by the sliding glass door that faces south and they do just fine, i have a friend in alberta who uses a old fridge and i got a buddy on the island here who uses a filing cabinet with a led to keep his mom or clones, if you have a issue with warm maybe a cloning pad underneather the pot will be a option, they will not need alot of water so be careful not to overwater. i have managed to overwinter some strains if its a warm winter, i used hay and compost to keep the root ball warm and piled the straw 6" deep and lone behold once march came around the little stump started growing. but i highly doubt this would work in -15. this is the afghan kush two days ago.

Attachments

• ak 2020 (Copy).JPG
    ak 2020 (Copy).JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 8
def a inside job if it is hitting -15 lol, i am in canada as well, i just brought in my master kush and afghan kush plants, they have been outside since the first week of december lol, we got snow today so they had to come in, so all i do is leave them in the back room by the sliding glass door that faces south and they do just fine, i have a friend in alberta who uses a old fridge and i got a buddy on the island here who uses a filing cabinet with a led to keep his mom or clones, if you have a issue with warm maybe a cloning pad underneather the pot will be a option, they will not need alot of water so be careful not to overwater. i have managed to overwinter some strains if its a warm winter, i used hay and compost to keep the root ball warm and piled the straw 6" deep and lone behold once march came around the little stump started growing. but i highly doubt this would work in -15. this is the afghan kush two days ago.
i have managed to overwinter some strains if its a warm winter, i used hay and compost to keep the root ball warm and piled the straw 6" deep and lone behold once march came around the little stump started growing. but i highly doubt this would work in -15.
So, does this rootball have any foliage left or bare bones? does it get any light at all?

Your friend with the fridge, is he just keeping rootballs in it or plants with foliage and lights?

It's hard to make out what's going on in that photo, are those inside?

So, does this rootball have any foliage left or bare bones? does it get any light at all?

Your friend with the fridge, is he just keeping rootballs in it or plants with foliage and lights?

It's hard to make out what's going on in that photo, are those inside?
the fridge does have a inlet and exhaust fan, not very big fans, he pulls 1/2lb with two plants in it lol. but you can make it a mom space or veg space as well without a issue.

the outside rootball that i left in the ground with hay had foliage left on the lowest part of the stump, but i highly doubt it would of survived -15.

Back