After Nevil's pasing, Sam weighs in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Sur, said: "You would be better served to read several series of Underground Comix from the era, like......The Fabulous Furry Freak Bros,......"

Ahh, The Fabulous Furry Freak Bros., my favorite comic book ever. I remember in one issue Freewheelin' Franklin had said; "Pot will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no pot!" I loved it and it would become my mantra.
Sometime in the 70's pot was almost impossible to get for a few months here in upstate New York. I think it was around the time the U.S. was spraying Paraquat. Months without pot, I think for me, mentally, was the worst time of my life and the words of
Freewheelin Franklin never seemed so true. After that, I never bought less than a pound and when that got down to less than half a pound, I bought another pound, or more. I never ran out of pot again! Been near 50 years haha! Now that I grow my own, no worries! So thanks for the wisdom Freewheelin Franklin. That comic book character was wiser than many people I have known. lol

"Dope will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no dope!" - Freewheelin Franklin

Longball

Last edited:
I've been promised an introduction to Gilbert Shelton (fabulous furry freaks) who's a close friend of an old landlord of mine. It won't happen in this lifetime though as he now lives in the Netherlands, and I am leaving Austin.

It's amazing how the stories have evolved over time. Years of obfuscation mixed with high powered marketing have lead to lots of theories.

The proof is in the plants.

Hello guys, I'm new here. The thing that really fascinated me about this story is the controversial position of the DEA. Just recently the DEA has made a huge announcement in the marijuana industry. According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, they are increasing the number of cannabis opportunities for medical and scientific research, the researches will mainly focus on the short and long term effects of these high potency products. Sounds strange to me, anyway, this is not the reason I'm posting in response to all the previous comments.

David Watson and Rob Clarke works are effectively taking place in the industry under the name of Bioarc, a company that claims to reset the whole cannabis industry genetics:

With David Watson's genetics (HortaPharm Seedbank):

Whats your thoughts about this?

Hello guys, I'm new here. The thing that really fascinated me about this story is the controversial position of the DEA. Just recently the DEA has made a huge announcement in the marijuana industry. According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, they are increasing the number of cannabis opportunities for medical and scientific research, the researches will mainly focus on the short and long term effects of these high potency products. Sounds strange to me, anyway, this is not the reason I'm posting in response to all the previous comments.

David Watson and Rob Clarke works are effectively taking place in the industry under the name of Bioarc, a company that claims to reset the whole cannabis industry genetics:

Hortapharm isn't a seedbank.

It's a corporation that makes sativex in UK.
I believe the genetics used are Watson's though as he is a partner/founder in the company.

Hello wisp, many thanks for your reply. Yeah, I knew Hortapharm is not a seedbank and I also know that GW pharma strains are from Mr.Watson/Hortapharm.
What I was trying to point out is the comeback of Watson and Clarke with this new project which is all about patenting strains and licensing crops, I personally find it very disgusting to privatize a plant.

Sam said many times he was retired. Yeah right. The Clark interview sounded a little spooky and money hungry. From my standpoint Watson and Clark haven’t done anything to help the growers get good genetics. But now after 40 years they’re going to cash in through patents and licensing. I speculated that strain hunters were not going to sell their land races to the grower, but hold out to sell to big corporate interests. I see the same with these 2 ducks.
Thank you shantibaba for selling direct to the grower. God bless you.

Hello CannaFish, thanks for the reply. Aaaah, don't tell me about landraces and that dodgy seed company, the only one I had huge respect for is Franco (rip). Scott is a very down to heart person, many on this forum talk about his strains but hey, his cbd products are some of the best over the market and properly manufactured, making a valuable medicine available for anyone, much or less same as what he does with seeds. I didn't come to hate anyway, just wanted to expose how far the huger for money can push dictatorial programs over a plant. Thank god and bless up for all those out there making supreme strains available for the public

Last edited:

[/QUOTE

Who goes to the police asking for seeds and plants. An he is admitting the police have actually given him seeds and plants.

Going down in history as being the man to have the largest seed collection in the world and bringing them to the medical, scientific, and legal world. It dont mater that half of those strains listed are actually sent to the guy by other people for phylos testing. Those strains are now listed under mr wattsons name and the credit for them goes under his name not the actual person who sent it him.

As for mr clark he already has his name on afew active companies who do plant licencing. Which means you can pay these guys for the privilege of growing things like
OG and sour diesel and you know they are the legit true materials, why, because thats what they say.
Or you can buy some authentic seeds from a guy who will sell you the real original haze with a smile. It dont mater that his haze seems to resemble the very first version of fuma con dios, which was described to be all haze just easier to grow and with a slightly faster flowering time of 12 weeks. Smells like haze, looks like haze and you can now have the privilege of perhaps buying it as authentic original haze. I just dont understand how people fall for all these things

Last edited:
Hello CannaFish, thanks for the reply. Aaaah, don't tell me about landraces and that dodgy seed company, the only one I had huge respect for is Franco (rip). Scott is a very down to heart person, many on this forum talk about his strains but hey, his cbd products are some of the best over the market and properly manufactured, making a valuable medicine available for anyone, much or less same as what he does with seeds. I didn't come to hate anyway, just wanted to expose how far the huger for money can push dictatorial programs over a plant. Thank god and bless up for all those out there making supreme strains available for the public

I still think strain hunters was a marketing ploy.

You go to all these villages and release clone based strain's?
What happened to the landraces?

What one did he find in Malawi from the list 🤷‍♂️?
All questions for arjan

BTW I ain't ranting at you. Just ranting in general. Sorry if I do seem to rant,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210719-135813.png
    Screenshot_20210719-135813.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 22
Who goes to the police asking for seeds and plants. An he is admitting the police have actually given him seeds and plants.

Going down in history as being the man to have the largest seed collection in the world and bringing them to the medical, scientific, and legal world. It dont mater that half of those strains listed are actually sent to the guy by other people for phylos testing. Those strains are now listed under mr wattsons name and the credit for them goes under his name not the actual person who sent it him.

As for mr clark he already has his name on afew active companies who do plant licencing. Which means you can pay these guys for the privilege of growing things like
OG and sour diesel and you know they are the legit true materials, why, because thats what they say.
Or you can buy some authentic seeds from a guy who will sell you the real original haze with a smile. It dont mater that his haze seems to resemble the very first version of fuma con dios, which was described to be all haze just easier to grow and with a slightly faster flowering time of 12 weeks. Smells like haze, looks like haze and you can now have the privilege of perhaps buying it as authentic original haze. I just dont understand how people fall for all these things
Shanti made the right decision to steer clear of that phylos crap.

🤙Mu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back