Afghan Haze thread

I see no point in starting a new AH thread when we have a perfectly good one right here. Hope you don't mind if I take it from here, admini. Well...hot damn these plants are NOT fucking around. Seed plants which looked Afghan at first have grown into 6 foot tall sativas in 1 gallon containers. Seriously beautiful vigorous plants. No real smells (haven't done a stem rub yet) but I am super excited just looking at them. They have all outgrown my SSH girls, which is ah-mazing. Don't know why we don't see more AH threads, but stay tuned because you are going to want to see these damn plants. Will clone them soon then flower the clones. Anyone with AH keepers feel free to post them here.

M.

So, it happened. Was playing with the girls today, rearranging things a bit, sorting them into groups. Last group was the Afghan Hazes. Turns out I have 7(out of 12)---didn't know that, never counted until today---but while I was moving one of them it put off the sweetest delicious smell. I want to smell it again before I say "Juicy Fruit", but it is sickly sweet, very different, extremely promising. Made me smile is how good it smelled.

M.

Ok I lied...I have 8 girls, not 7. #1-5 are giant sativas, #6-8 are smaller indicas. Plant with the delicious smell has now been labeled the #3. Other girls have similar smell but not as pronounced. Does remind me of juicy fruit bubble gum, which is very very nice.

M.

Last edited:
Nope no RKS. Then again they are in a room with several other cultivars. Just getting extremely sweet smells from many of the sativa/haze leaning females. Really haven't given too much attention to the Afghan leaning girls...but I will. Took clones of all the giant sativas. They truly are the most intimidating plants I have grown. It's the first time I had plants looking down on me when I cloned them. The #5 appears to be the most extreme sativa expression I have ever grown, and I can't wait to flower them out. The smaller Afghan phenos will get cloned very soon, then the fireworks will begin.

M.

another look

Hey braddahs been spending time in the Afghan Haze corner lately...
This came about from a thread Professorjj started in an attempt to document features of all MNS strains with hopefully the input of SB. I'm disappointed that it did not continue as hoped as it is a great idea! If only SB weren't so busy. I digress. The upshot was the comment made by Morphote about Afghan Haze. He was going to blaze his own trail in this direction as seen in the above thread. It prompted me to take another look. I took a few bottles out from the back of the closet and was pleasantly surprised.
I have been enamored with the taste, smell, and highs of Mango and Nevilles for sometime now. So much so that even my SSH went unanswered for quite a while.
And, the many others in my closet might as well have been forgotten. Which can be a good thing when one finds bottles of 6 month cured Afghan Haze! The delicious smell was inviting!
Haze. I love, love, love it! I associate the Mango smell and taste to my haze euphoria. I generally associate the Afghan taste with well, indica. Not so much haze. I expect to go down energetically tasting this affie yet I begin soaring and talking non-stop. It is a very smooth smoke. The Afghan Haze reminds me of an elevator that gets you to your floor so efficiently you don’t feel the change in gravity or the acceleration. The ride is on Bilsteins. Corners are smoothed out. And it does help the pain. I am looking forward to some salve and tinctures made from this hybrid. There are many smells and flavors to be had. Bubblegum is interesting but not my fav. The one that interests me smells like paint and petro. In a word, I just plain like the effect, affordability and simplicity of this hybrid! A good change up for me.
There just doesn’t seem enough time to explore all these MNS strains in a way that brings full appreciation. I am grateful for Morphotes comments regarding this variety as, in some circles, it is indeed underrated and often overlooked for the newer varieties. His “trailblazing” will be missed.

Aloha
M

Wondering aloud how Morphotes AH adventure has turned out. I have since gone back to my other projects and favorites but remain impressed with this fantastic MNS selection- the Afghan Haze! A classic for sure with super great flavors, just still liking the NL5/Hz for better yield.

Aloha
M

Back