Afghan Haze (#1-#4)

A quick question -

Do I wait to harvest even though the weather is forecast to be very wet for the next week OR do I hang on in there in the hope that the plants can survive without turning to mouldy mush?
Tough decision as neither plant is at a point I would describe as being 'ready'. However, I would hate to lose what is already there as it looks amazing!
Even with 20 years of growing experience I need some advice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keep it green.
TF

My 2c

In a situation like that, where you can't decide.., I would do both :)
Cut the large tops. (they are the most likely to get mould)
leave the rest ( most likely to need more time)
That way the rest of the plant can develop after the inclement weather subsides. AND you save what you already have.
Sometimes a compromise is the best thing you can do
;)

My 2c

In a situation like that, where you can't decide.., I would do both :)
Cut the large tops. (they are the most likely to get mould)
leave the rest ( most likely to need more time)
That way the rest of the plant can develop after the inclement weather subsides. AND you save what you already have.
Sometimes a compromise is the best thing you can do
;)

Great advice SD!

Many, many thanks Seed Collector and PlantManBee,
I genuinely hadn't thought of that as a solution and it makes total sense - wood for trees and all that.
Keep it green.
TF

Last season I was faced with the same problem. The NHM was going on 11 wks only to have rains come hard and heavy. I decided to harvest in pieces taking the most mature parts first. After 3 days of hard rain we got 3 weeks of sunny weather. The majority/rest was harvested within 13 weeks. Those few extra weeks made a huge difference in yield and product quality. And of course, on it’s own, the NHM proved to be very pm and bot resistant! The shit not so much.

Aloha nui
M

Hi all,
Managed to dodge the bad weather at the 11th hour and the plants have thanked me for taking the chance.

Here they are at Week 12.

Afghan Haze #1
Lemon / lime citrus haze smell, almost sour. Words do not do it justice.

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-outdoors-picture13176-afghan-haze-1-12-weeks.jpg

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-outdoors-picture13182-afghan-haze-1-12-weeks.jpg

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-outdoors-picture13183-afghan-haze-1-12-weeks.jpg

An early sample - AH#1

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-outdoors-picture13184-afghan-haze-1-12-weeks.jpg

Afghan Haze #3
Even more sour citrus haze than #1, sometimes with a hint of fruits I've never tried!

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-outdoors-picture13187-afghan-haze-3-12-weeks.jpg

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-outdoors-picture13185-afghan-haze-3-12-weeks.jpg

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-outdoors-picture13179-afghan-haze-3-12-weeks.jpg

Keep it green,
TF

Hi all,
There is nothing worse than an incomplete thread so I thought I'd make sure this one ended on a high.

Afghan Haze #1 is now fully cured and I am enjoying her immensely. The smell is citrus (lime) with that unmistakable hazy floral element. Beautiful beyond words. The flavour is lime all the way down and back up. As for the high - I can honestly say that this is some of the most enjoyable herb I have ever had. The high is up and energetic without a hint of raciness or paranoia. It is happy herb and is great for being outside and active. Here are some images of the untrimmed buds. I thought the album cover reflected how this herb makes me feel.

Afghan Haze #1

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-cured-picture13253-ah-1-cured.jpg

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-cured-picture13254-ah-1-cured.jpg

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-cured-picture13259-ah-1-cured.jpg

Afghan Haze #3 is also beautifully cured and has a very distinct and 'sharp' smell. It is again citrus based (lemon / lime) coupled with a real haze spiciness in the background. It blows the senses. The flavour is lemon with a hint of lime. The high is clear and powerful with a psychedelic edge that I love. It is perfect for day time activities and being busy. As with #1 this is truly magical herb.

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-cured-picture13260-ah-3-cured.jpg

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-cured-picture13258-ah-3-cured.jpg

the-flea-albums-afghan-haze-cured-picture13261-ah-3-cured.jpg

It was really nice to be able to track plants from seed and through an indoor grow before letting them reveg and watching them flower outdoors.

I cannot recommend Afghan Haze highly enough. It is my all time favourite strain and that is saying a lot for a fussy bastard like me.
Keep it green,
TF

Last edited:
Great report.

Thanks for coming back with pictures and a smoke report. :D

This thread definitely ended on a High note :p

Those buds look really nice and solid. Great job!

Resurrection of an old thread.
A couple of years ago I grew both Afghan Haze from MNS and a Purple Pakistani Haze from ACE seeds.
From the Afghan Haze I found a male that I simply could not toss so I allowed him to touch a branch of the Purple Pakistani Haze with his magic dust.
Whilst running some trim through bubble bags I happened upon a seed from that cross. As it was already wet and hadn't been store properly in the first place I decided to stick it into some soil and see what happened.

A month later and I have this incredibly beautiful plant on my hands. I don't think I have ever seen a more sativa looking plant in veg. Here's hoping it's a girl.

full

full

I have given it the provisional name of Afpak Haze -

Lineage is something like -
(Purple Haze #23 X Pakistani Chitral Kush) X (Afghan T X Haze C)
making it 25% Afghan, 25% Pakistani Kush, 25% Haze C and 25% Purple Haze (OT1)

Not sure what to expect or if I'll be able to finish it.
Either way I thought I'd share and see what people thought.

Keep it green.
TF

Last edited:
Back