Abraxas hawaiian haze

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on that is it's probably an Nl5Hz from Sensi or the Seedbank. I think a lot of growers colloquially referred to that plant simply as haze. The Hawaiian sativa genetics most likely originated from Thai or Sinaloan weed. They're tiny little seeds. I really should pop them some day.

On a related topic of lost nevil haze akbeans recently released a repro of sssc m48 durban haze. Made in 89 rumored to be a haze c cross. Pics look haze c daughter and they came out of a deep freeze a time capsule for sure. Also released durban thai flyer and beatrix choice

My take on that is it's probably an Nl5Hz from Sensi or the Seedbank. I think a lot of growers colloquially referred to that plant simply as haze. The Hawaiian sativa genetics most likely originated from Thai or Sinaloan weed. They're tiny little seeds. I really should pop them some day.
You’re probably right. Centennial seeds is in Colorado. Their Haze could be SSH.

Aloha boyz!
Same reason men chase after strange women. They want what they can’t have lol. Wild imaginations and perception that it’s got to be better because she’s exotic and unobtainable. Unless you can precisely duplicate the environment, it is always about the seed and acclimation. Most grown is of the mainland variety these days. Smoked alot of it and it ain’t any better folks than the mango haze got here. But with koa, lush vegetation, colorful flowers, birds and scantily clad women surfing in the warm ocean breeze, it helps lol. Sorry to deflate but a bird in hand...
Stop wasting time looking over the fence and today, put your seed— in the ground instead.

Aloha boyz!
Same reason men chase after strange women. They want what they can’t have lol. Wild imaginations and perception that it’s got to be better because she’s exotic and unobtainable. Unless you can precisely duplicate the environment, it is always about the seed and acclimation. Most grown is of the mainland variety these days. Smoked alot of it and it ain’t any better folks than the mango haze got here. But with koa, lush vegetation, colorful flowers, birds and scantily clad women surfing in the warm ocean breeze, it helps lol. Sorry to deflate but a bird in hand...
Stop wasting time looking over the fence and today, put your seed— in the ground instead.
The grass is always greener on the other shore....

I think spice would make a great f1 haze hybrid. It shares those same strong traits of branch strength yield etc.
What's cool about hawaiians is alot of them are more recently acclimatized then say colombians or mexican landrace. For example boel took oaxcan afghan hybrid to the island in 60s 70s and created cherry bomb which acclimatized over the decades. The strong uv light and tropical conditions certainly shaped that strain. Aloha white widow would be another great example from early 90s.
These ladies definitely prefer an environment close to Hawaiian conditions but it isn't imperative the same as creating a jungle isn't to Vietnam or thai. Breeders job is to identify positive traits then transfer them to a new hybrid. Pretty cool stuff

I think spice would make a great f1 haze hybrid. It shares those same strong traits of branch strength yield etc.
What's cool about hawaiians is alot of them are more recently acclimatized then say colombians or mexican landrace. For example boel took oaxcan afghan hybrid to the island in 60s 70s and created cherry bomb which acclimatized over the decades. The strong uv light and tropical conditions certainly shaped that strain. Aloha white widow would be another great example from early 90s.
These ladies definitely prefer an environment close to Hawaiian conditions but it isn't imperative the same as creating a jungle isn't to Vietnam or thai. Breeders job is to identify positive traits then transfer them to a new hybrid. Pretty cool stuff
I agree you may be able to find some special Hawaiian sativa leaning phenos if you go to f2 as well. I wonder which lineage the landrace the Hawaiian has. Thai? Mexican? Colombian?

BOEL are known to have successfully smuggled a huge load of Sinaloan Mexican into Hawaii, c. 1968 (I think), and Hawaii was also an import/distribution center for Thai sticks around the same time. So, (primo) Mexican and Thai. Damn good place to start "landrace" sativas in Hawaii.
That is some of the best building blocks imo . Not much acclimatization needed with the similar environment.

Excerpt from Nick Schou's book 'Orange Sunshine' about the Brotherhood of Eternal Love.:

"Padilla looked Mexican, so he was going to go to Mexico and score the weed for the trip," Ashbrook says. Padilla's mission: drive south to Guadalajara with Smitty and meet with the man who stood as the source of the marijuana smuggling empire that Brotherhood smugglers like David Hall and "Lyncho" German had been using for years. The enigmatic "Papa" was the biggest marijuana dealer in the rugged and largely lawless mountains along the coast of Sinaloa, where hundreds of hilltop farms produced high-quality weed exclusively for foreign export. Papa's speciality was superfragrant marijuana plants whose tails - colas or colitas in Spanish - packed the most powerful high Mexico had to offer.
"Papa was the man," Ashbrook says. "He had the best weed. He was the first ever who had kilos of colas, the first one to have beautiful hand-laid, fluffy blocks, the first really nice stuff." Ashbrook wasn't alone in his high opinion of Papa's colitas. They were so legendary in the late 1960's and early 1970's that they inspired the first few lines of "Hotel California," the hit song by the Eagles: "On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair, warm smell of colitas rising up through the air".

"We just had a big party and started going through the bags, " Ashbrook says. "Nobody had ever seen anything like this. It was all colitas , fresh from the farm, fifty kilos per costal. That was fun, boy, opening those up and pulling those out. It took us a couple of days to divvy it all up."
The Mexican weed we unloaded from the Jafje quickly became famous throughout Maui as "Lightning Bolt." Padilla came up with the name while sitting on the beach in Mexico with Joe Angelini, preparing to load the yacht. "We were taking it down to the beach and hiding it and I pulled a cola out, and held it to the sun and said, 'This looks like a lightning bolt.' That's how it became the Lightning Bolt load. We told everybody about it."

Within a month, so many Lightning Bolt seeds had been thrown out the window or off the porches of various Brotherhood houses in Olinda, Makawao, and Kula that a robust crop of marijuana plants began to spring up like the weeds they were. "It was so fertile all you had to do you just drop a seed and let it rain," Padilla says. When Les Potts first arrived in Maui a few years before the Aafje, he recalls that there wasn't much marijuana growing on the island. "But some people started planting seeds, " he recalls. "A strain that started was called the Kula Crippler." It came from the seeds left over from the pot that the Tohki brothers threw over their shoulders when they were done separating out the various grades to make their hash. "They'd give you bales of that stuff if you could smuggle it out of Afghanistan," he claims.
After the Jafje arrived in Maui, a surfer from Santa Barbara somehow managed to crossbreed a Lightning Bolt plant with a Kula Crippler plant. It wasn't long before acres of the rich farmland near Kula were blooming with the new strain of marijuana plants. As word of the new crossbreed marijuana strain spread throughout the island, hippies began carrying it back to California. Brotherhood smugglers like Fat Bobby and Johnny Gale began shipping the weed to Laguna Beach, first in suitcases and hollowed-out surboards, and then in everything from falsely labeled cans of soup and vegetables to cars and boats and airplanes. Named in honor of the Brotherhood's island utopia, the high-grade pot became a worldwide phenomenon, more famous in some circles than the island itself.
"I guess the Brotherhood served it's purpose by bringing those seeds to Maui," Mundell allows. "It was pretty popular stuff. It was Maui Wowie."

Pretty crazy and sweet. 7 of those Maui wowi ended in New York w mrgreenegenes . Cherry bomb was born w beautiful red pistols. Ibl is at somethin like f25! Boel are the shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back