A little La Niña

No worries brah. I have found many members here that are willing to help if you have questions. Lots of support here. Glad to see you steppin up and sharing with us.

mu
I appreciate it. I'm thinking it's a bit waterlogged. Used a toothpick to unpack the soil a bit and put in an open window today. It responded by unfurling a bit and tilting towards the sun which I took as a good sign. Anything else you think might help?

A little luck, good vibes and some drying out seems to be doing the trick. In a few days it'll probably be hard to tell this little one had a rocky start. What, me worry?

IMG_3961.jpg

lanina is a wonderful strain, only thing i can think might help more is if your last name is Amorous, because the more love the better, enjoy the trip.

Certainly seems that way; hard to find a report where the outcome was less than a "hot love story". I'm trying to not let the excitement outpace the process but that other Haze has me more than a little intrigued.

Amorous has a much better ring to it than Semy.

Two weeks since sprout.

IMG_4035.jpg

As you can see the two in the right column are going through a bit of a punk phase. Hopefully after a few more sets of leaves they'll get past it. #4 there in the bottom right is already starting to smell distinctly ganja-ish. Not much from a stem rub but if you get close and inhale it's pretty powerful for such a young plant.

2023-06-01-group.jpg

Potted up to 3L even though they seem to be light enough feeders that they could have stayed in the seedling cups a little longer.

IMG_4056.jpg

I'm currently running la Niña too and agree with you. They are healthy and not showing any defiencies without extra fertilizer.

I've been watching yours as we're in similar media, growing style and small spaces. I'm hoping with you being a few weeks ahead it'll help me with the answers to your questions.

What will be the size of your last pot? And when do you plan to switch to 12/12 ?

No real plan yet but due to space not real big pots. Probably at least 4 weeks from sprout to flip but I might get called away later in the month which could push it out to 6 weeks as I'd rather leave vegging plants in helping hands than flowering ones.

Day 21.

They had not been watered since transplant last week so they got a compost tea soak this morning.

Testing has revealed 2 males and 2 females. Males went into their own tiny tent and flipped on Tuesday.

If not for the slight difference in height it'd be hard to tell these two sisters apart. On the left is the slowpoke seedling which is starting to reveal a good amount of aroma from a stem rub.

IMG_4165.jpg

22cm, 26cm.

IMG_4168.jpg

This one of the punky brothers (the earliest to give scent) is pretty much through the weird leaf stuff and new growth looks good to me. Some slight scaling still but nothing to worry about I think.

IMG_4177.jpg

The other one continues to be weird. Even the early leaves on the tiny side branches are coming in misshapen.

IMG_4189.jpg

I'm not worried about it now though since it's a male. I'll give it a little more time to straighten up but it's feeling like an eventual cull. Would anyone out there keep this one going for pollen collection or any other reason?

Day 21.

They had not been watered since transplant last week so they got a compost tea soak this morning.

Testing has revealed 2 males and 2 females. Males went into their own tiny tent and flipped on Tuesday.

If not for the slight difference in height it'd be hard to tell these two sisters apart. On the left is the slowpoke seedling which is starting to reveal a good amount of aroma from a stem rub.

View attachment 73524

22cm, 26cm.

View attachment 73525

This one of the punky brothers (the earliest to give scent) is pretty much through the weird leaf stuff and new growth looks good to me. Some slight scaling still but nothing to worry about I think.

View attachment 73526

The other one continues to be weird. Even the early leaves on the tiny side branches are coming in misshapen.

View attachment 73527

I'm not worried about it now though since it's a male. I'll give it a little more time to straighten up but it's feeling like an eventual cull. Would anyone out there keep this one going for pollen collection or any other reason?
I would prefer a healthy strong male without mutations as a pollen donor to keep the offspring as free as possible from mutations.
Plants look happy and healthy!

Greetings.

Is it the plants fault or perhaps an environmental input? How important are the males to your project? One does look better than the other and the time to correct is a consideration. Small pots can easily become pH imbalanced esp with sats. Incomplete mixing of my soil mixture has caused me problems in the past. If they are important enough, consider repotting into a larger pot with new soil and see if you get a positive response. If not critical to your project, then I would eliminate them w/o going thru the guessing and extra work. No worries as there is always another bus to catch.
Focus on the females and work out the kinks to assure a more successful LN grow in the future.

mu

Is it the plants fault or perhaps an environmental input?

I didn't mean to imply it might be the plants at fault. I forget about the other meaning of "punk" (relating to dodgy characters). I meant the kind with extreme hairstyles and loud music. Sorry if it came across negative. Like youthful rebellion I'm sure mine are a product of their environment too.

Small pots can easily become pH imbalanced esp with sats.

Growing organically I don't usually bother about pH so I hadn't thought of that but it never hurts to check. Soil slurry w/ distilled water, sampled about half way down. #2 is the plant under examination. Meters dusted off and calibrated before use.

Code:
| # | X |  pH |  EC |
| 1 | X | 6.5 | 2.7 |
| 2 | Y | 6.5 | 2.0 |
| 3 | X | 6.2 | 2.3 |
| 4 | Y | 6.2 | 1.7 |

Incomplete mixing of my soil mixture has caused me problems in the past.

I had not thought about that either but it could be the culprit. This is a fresh batch of soil and there could have been spots that evaded the spade. I'll definitely give it some more mixing before I transplant the females.

If they are important enough, consider repotting into a larger pot with new soil and see if you get a positive response.

No project. I try to do it as a matter of course now. Reparations for all the males trashed without the chance to flower. So nothing to worry about.

Focus on the females and work out the kinks to assure a more successful LN grow in the future.

So far so good (I think) with the females but I probably do need to start making decisions sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the help.

Those are no little niñas anymores.

Can see, you topped them and they stretch a lot.

Wishing you big fat colas :)

Can you describe the smell ?
Mine is really subtle not pungent and super discret but went moved a bit the nugs it's quite refreshing going to gas and a bit of fruity.

Can you describe the smell ?
Mine is really subtle not pungent and super discret but went moved a bit the nugs it's quite refreshing going to gas and a bit of fruity.

The dominant aroma is citrus but it's not the bright lemony kind; it's darker and overall more of a melange. There is something kind of medicinal or industrial in the background (iodine?) that I haven't pinned down yet. I could see it going towards gas with the right nose.

Back